Thread Rating:

SAMIAM
SAMIAM
  • Threads: 0
August 31st, 2016 at 4:17:41 PM permalink
Ever consider that other people might have a value system not perfectly aligned with yours ?
sammydv
sammydv
  • Threads: 9
August 31st, 2016 at 4:25:02 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Nothing in this list constitutes a personal attack. People are allowed to be critical of the content of other posts without being censored. Yours are particularly vitriolic; are you expecting no pushback on your contentions? It's a discussion.

"People are allowed to be critical of the content of other posts without being censored. Yours are particularly vitriolic; are you expecting no pushback on your contentions? It's a discussion."

Thank you for the response, but the board is a discussion about 2 shaky companies, NOT why I post or if I have an agenda. The board and posts are not about members, or their reasons for posting. At least as far as know from reading this forums basic rules.

"Yours are particularly vitriolic"
I'm not sure why you think this. I've been posting for months without any conflicts since my time out.
I would greatly appreciate if you could post some examples of my vitriolic comments that I've done in the last month or two. You can post the examples on this board or in a PM to me, both would be fine and I get a better idea of how my posting prose is perceived. 100% of my posting on ntek has been about NTEK and OFFICERS or past officers. Most forums I've been on have always prescribed that known associations with the topic are on topic and open for debate. Perhaps it IS different on 'EDIT (this)' website. In which case, I'll go back and try to reread the rules to see where I erred.

And thank you beachbumbabs, for your time and interest.
sammydv
sammydv
August 31st, 2016 at 4:30:40 PM permalink
SAMIAM:

Perhaps you should quote people, because I can't tell who you may be referring to.
But that has nothing to do with Ntek or ntgl. Sorry.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
August 31st, 2016 at 4:38:23 PM permalink
Quote: sammydv

Thanks, but I clearly stated POSSIBLE attacks, as it would be defined by your site.
Although, I've always strongly felt that any derogatory remarks or insinuations aimed directly at a member would constitute un-called for behavior and normally would be personal attacks. That's why I paraphrased like I did.

<snip>
And the very fact that you yourself stated it could of been worded more diplomatically or not at all just reinforces my contentions that those particular posts were out of line and not necessary to conductive debate.

No argument here. Derogatory remarks or insinuations, which I also believe they were, are uncalled for and look upon as such. And I obviously stand behind my words that it could've been done differently, in a way that would enhance debate rather than inflame for the sake of inflaming.

It's just a judgement call. Details such as severity and rate of occurrence do play into it for me. I find the majority prefers restraint in hopes an issue resolves quickly of its own accord, rather than ever present management and directives from one point of view. In reffing terms, "I let 'em play". If it's egregious, constant, sure, instant interference. But snark? I only watch, ensuring the tousle doesn't turn into elbows.

And you're welcome =)
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
sammydv
sammydv
August 31st, 2016 at 4:47:58 PM permalink
Thank you Face. But it always seems to be the guy who threw the elbow back in defense that the linesman sees and gets whistled to the box.
And I think I see where I'm making the mistake and assuming about on topic standards. Most my other forums are financial or stock related and those lend themselves to pump and dumps and all sort of messes and games.
So, I apologize if my assumptions are incorrect. Back to find WOV rules for a reread.

Have a great weekend
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
August 31st, 2016 at 5:01:22 PM permalink

"People are allowed to be critical of the content of other posts without being censored. Yours are particularly vitriolic; are you expecting no pushback on your contentions? It's a discussion."

Thank you for the response, but the board is a discussion about 2 shaky companies, NOT why I post or if I have an agenda. The board and posts are not about members, or their reasons for posting. At least as far as know from reading this forums basic rules.

I'm not sure why you think this. I've been posting for months without any conflicts since my time out.
I would greatly appreciate if you could post some examples of my vitriolic comments that I've done in the last month or two. You can post the examples on this board or in a PM to me, both would be fine and I get a better idea of how my posting prose is perceived. 100% of my posting on ntek has been about NTEK and OFFICERS or past officers. Most forums I've been on have always prescribed that known associations with the topic are on topic and open for debate. Perhaps it IS different on 'EDIT (this)' website. In which case, I'll go back and try to reread the rules to see where I erred.

Your extreme disfavor of NTEK etc., including negative labeling and ugly characterizations, has been on display for most of this year. Your threads/posts have not been removed or censored, distasteful as they are. I see no reason to excerpt them; any one who cares to can read back, including you.

The issue I have with you is that you dish it out but cry foul on anyone who answers you in kind. This is not the first time you've done this; it's at least the 3rd. I have yet to see anyone insult you personally, but you PERCEIVE yourself to be under attack personally for some reason. Yet you defend your right to trash the NTEK people in your every post about it. My answer to you was in reference to that imbalance.

You.could stop, you know, as some others have sugested. That horse is beaten, drawn, quartered, and smashed flat; even the fleas have marched away. Seeing as you said earlier you lost no money on the company, your appetite for continued kicks and floggings seems irrational to me.

It's one thing to educate people about penny stocks, and NTEK has served as an object lesson some folks found valuable and relatable, knowing some of the subjects. It would be worth reading this thread if that was the focus. Otherwise most of your posts just read as spiteful slime. Which is why you draw remarks you perceive as attacks.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
August 31st, 2016 at 5:21:30 PM permalink

Thank you Face. But it always seems to be the guy who threw the elbow back in defense that the linesman sees and gets whistled to the box.

C'est la vie, wouldn't you say? I guess I'm used to it, living that life for so long. Years and years of taking elbows and sucking it up. Because it IS always the retaliation. I dunno. I've convinced myself it's a lesson that helps me to become a better person. Don't ruin that for me, if you could help it =)

And I think I see where I'm making the mistake and assuming about on topic standards. Most my other forums are financial or stock related and those lend themselves to pump and dumps and all sort of messes and games.
So, I apologize if my assumptions are incorrect. Back to find WOV rules for a reread.

Well, this is the thread for it (I think), but it encompasses ALL of NTEK/NTGL. Anytime any thread like this focuses on one aspect there's usually a push back. That's one of those problems like "If you drive, you'll wear your tires". It's just a law of the universe, if you take my meaning. Add to that it's not just a nameless, faceless company, but there are folks here who have personal relationships with those involved. It makes for a bit of a powderkeg. A small one. Like a powder 40oz, but things are taken more seriously. Hopefully those disinterested in your business comments can give you leave, and you could in return consider the relationships here in an effort to coexist.

Reckon that'd get the Mr Rogers seal of approval.

Have a great weekend

Wha... what day is today? O.o
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
sammydv
sammydv
August 31st, 2016 at 5:34:27 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Your extreme disfavor of NTEK etc., including negative labeling and ugly characterizations, has been on display for most of this year. Your threads/posts have not been removed or censored, distasteful as they are. I see no reason to excerpt them; any one who cares to can read back, including you.

The issue I have with you is that you dish it out but cry foul on anyone who answers you in kind. This is not the first time you've done this; it's at least the 3rd. I have yet to see anyone insult you personally, but you PERCEIVE yourself to be under attack personally for some reason. Yet you defend your right to trash the NTEK people in your every post about it. My answer to you was in reference to that imbalance.

You.could stop, you know, as some others have sugested. That horse is beaten, drawn, quartered, and smashed flat; even the fleas have marched away. Seeing as you said earlier you lost no money on the company, your appetite for continued kicks and floggings seems irrational to me.

It's one thing to educate people about penny stocks, and NTEK has served as an object lesson some folks found valuable and relatable, knowing some of the subjects. It would be worth reading this thread if that was the focus. Otherwise most of your posts just read as spiteful slime. Which is why you draw remarks you perceive as attacks.

And I hold that my comments about ntek, ntgl and present/past officers are on topic and not distasteful as if I was attacking any member of WOV or even you. I don't agree with your contention and defense of a company and it's officers as if I'm attacking WOV members. This is my exact point. I'm not attacking WOV members and that is all I'm basing this on. I was under, I guess the wrong impression that comments directed at a poster is a personal matter not related to a board subject and is subject to removal if so judged.

However, any Admin that takes personal umbrage of a person posting about a company, good or bad and somehow attributing that to the persons overall history or even personality is something I find unprofessional in that capacity.
If you want to send any comments of my ill treatment of members I'd appreciate it. But personally admonishing me for the most part just posting nteks and ntgls OWN paperwork and failures and judging my negative comments as "spiteful slime" or damaging in some way sends a very confusing message to myself and maybe others. I've never experienced any admin on any forums actively defending public figures of companies. That would be unheard of on financial forum boards, which has shown me WOV is not to be considered that type of enterprise and which apparently is part of the reason for my 'rep', such as it is. Any discussions and admonishing are almost always done in PM and not put out in public as examples.

You speak of no censorship, yet I am publicly 'flogged' by admin? And asked to stop? And this is not censorship? Admin have to do their job, and like I mentioned, my idea of WOV rules of conduct are not at all like other boards. I'll work on getting a better grasp on this websites rules of conduct. Which by the way, isn't that easy to find in the first place.

Have a great weekend and safe holiday.
sammydv
sammydv
September 1st, 2016 at 7:52:32 AM permalink
Quote:

I was under, I guess the wrong impression that comments directed at a poster is a personal matter not related to a board subject and is subject to removal if so judged.

I'd like to amend and correct this sentence as I feel it's confusing and not concise enough.
EDIT:
"I was under, I guess the wrong impression that direct derogatory comments or questioning the agenda etc, meant for the targeted person of Wov membership from another Wov member in which the comments have no relationship to the topic of the thread or board, against the target Wov member, was considered a forum personal attack."

This should be my last comment on this subject as it has strayed away from ntek/ntgl themselves.

Thanks.
sammydv
sammydv
September 1st, 2016 at 9:36:26 AM permalink
Quote: Face

Add to that it's not just a nameless, faceless company, but there are folks here who have personal relationships with those involved. It makes for a bit of a powderkeg. A small one. Like a powder 40oz, but things are taken more seriously. Hopefully those disinterested in your business comments can give you leave, and you could in return consider the relationships here in an effort to coexist.

Reckon that'd get the Mr Rogers seal of approval.

That's hitting the nail. Because I've been on financial and business forums where the public figures of companies are open game, except death threats and the like, I assumed it was the same here.
It's not and I'll work on that.
thanks.

[p]Wha... what day is today? O.o

Okay, now it's closer to the weekend?

• Jump to: