Thread Rating:

steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
August 11th, 2016 at 6:17:09 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

I would say that 'value' is definitively established at the moment of sale. At any other moment one can only speak of 'estimated value'.

I'm probably beating this to death, and probably because I'm not articulating my thoughts very well. So for that, my apologies.
In any case, I disagree that a value is established at the moment of sale. The moment of sale is the same as any other moment. It's really also an estimate. Eye of the beholder type of thing. It is why people get fleeced in many instances in the stock market.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1390
August 11th, 2016 at 6:40:19 AM permalink
Quote: steeldco

So you are saying that what he "could" get would set the value? Really? So if my father sold that Van Gogh that he found at $100M then that would be its value? Wow. Really? Even though an informed art expert may say that it is only worth $20M? You're saying that value is only set if the price is high and not low?

You know very well what I mean. If I wanted somebody to nit-pick everything I say, looking to start a fight, I would talk to my wife.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
steeldco
steeldco
August 11th, 2016 at 6:51:18 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

You know very well what I mean. If I wanted somebody to nit-pick everything I say, looking to start a fight, I would talk to my wife.

A little sensitive this morning? I'll be the better man and just say sorry.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
sammydv
sammydv
  • Threads: 9
August 11th, 2016 at 8:44:23 AM permalink

$10 isn't what he could get for it. He could get way more at the next serious art auction. I don't think I should need to qualify everything I say with obvious caveats.

So you are saying that what he "could" get would set the value? Really? So if my father sold that Van Gogh that he found at $100M then that would be its value? Wow. Really? Even though an informed art expert may say that it is only worth $20M? You're saying that value is only set if the price is high and not low?

That is a very off topic example as art is totally subjective and you're entering intrinsic and extrinsic values.
Probably best to keep the discussion with financial examples. The related comments on MC are directly about stock and ntek/ntgl and how MC should not and could not be a pure indicator of a companies worth. The MC itself is of no value and was more or less designed as part of a whole tool set for discovery. My point is that MC has been prostituted now as a pumping tool by scrupulous touts to sell shares.
steeldco
steeldco
August 11th, 2016 at 8:57:07 AM permalink
Quote: sammydv

$10 isn't what he could get for it. He could get way more at the next serious art auction. I don't think I should need to qualify everything I say with obvious caveats.

That is a very off topic example as art is totally subjective and you're entering intrinsic and extrinsic values.
Probably best to keep the discussion with financial examples. The related comments on MC are directly about stock and ntek/ntgl and how MC should not and could not be a pure indicator of a companies worth. The MC itself is of no value and was more or less designed as part of a whole tool set for discovery. My point is that MC has been prostituted now as a pumping tool by scrupulous touts to sell shares.

Market cap, in and of itself, is not an indicator of value. It is an indicator of the public's perception of the company's value. If a person is uninformed, or misinformed, looks at a company and believes that it is worth $5M then I assume that they will pay up to a share price representing that value even though most others may think it is only worth $1M or less. More often than not the market cap on a public company is just an estimate of the value. Nobody owns a working crystal ball. The current value is predicated on an estimate of future operations and its current Balance Sheet. The public wasn't completely informed on NTEK/NTGL and therefore mispriced it (in addition there were many others who would have had no idea as to whether it should be bought or not, even if they were fully informed).
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 543
August 11th, 2016 at 9:09:17 AM permalink

get a new wife? younger, prettier :)
and $1.2M still goes a long way
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Skeptic
Skeptic
  • Threads: 5
August 11th, 2016 at 10:10:59 AM permalink
The TA is not gagged. Since the reverse-split a month ago they have issued almost 13 million new shares - the equivalent of 320 million pre-split shares.

The stock is down to .034 now (.00135 pre-split equivalent). Bid/Ask is .0335/.0389 at the moment. That will change as the insiders try to dump all the fresh stock they've printed for themselves.
sammydv
sammydv
  • Threads: 9
August 11th, 2016 at 12:16:32 PM permalink
Quote: Skeptic

The TA is not gagged. Since the reverse-split a month ago they have issued almost 13 million new shares - the equivalent of 320 million pre-split shares.

The stock is down to .034 now (.00135 pre-split equivalent). Bid/Ask is .0335/.0389 at the moment. That will change as the insiders try to dump all the fresh stock they've printed for themselves.

I know that the ta is gagged, I'm a minor stockholder and the TA has refused to release all public share structure to me and stated it is instructed to do so by the company. That's what TA's do, they do the business of share recording and record keeping under the instructions of their company clients.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
August 11th, 2016 at 12:53:05 PM permalink
Quote: Skeptic

In a group of some of the smartest people I know of, I hope most everyone can see this for the scam it was and still is. There can be debate if a former member here had no clue of it, knew and ignored it or was part of it. But there should be no doubt what kind of people are involved in this company. I have posted many times about the scams run with penny stocks, learning the hard way back in the 80's losing an amount that seems like a small amount today (Less than $1200 to be exact) but was a lot for me back then. I felt so cheated and it was with a "legitimate" company who owned the Derby Winning Horse. See Robert Brennan, First Jersey Securities.

Everything Skeptic posted above is SOP for Penny Stock scammers and was predicted months ago when the reverse split was announced. Only question is why people fall for it time and time again. Maybe it's the same reason why the Roulette System sellers and Dice guys have always made more money selling advice than actually using their systems. There is a sucker born everyday wise men have said.
Skeptic
Skeptic
  • Threads: 5
August 11th, 2016 at 1:52:54 PM permalink
The TA is not gagged. Send them an email. They replied to me just yesterday with the current share structure. They issue so much new stock the OS increases every few days.

inbox@cleartrusttransfer.com

Just be aware that they will CC: Lorraine@ntek.com on their response so create a dummy email address if you don't want them knowing who you are.

• Jump to: