NewToCraps
NewToCraps
  • Threads: 30
July 30th, 2014 at 8:46:01 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Anyway, if you're interested: Google Patents # 8777716. And, yeah, I realize that this Google patent document is much better confirmation than the junk mail. But I only thought of doing that Google search now, as I was entering this post. And that lead me to a link for the USPTO Patent # 8777716.

So your patent number has a four of a kind (sevens at that) ... what does that payout in PFR (Patents for Roulette) ?
Learned Craps in 2013 .... Developed and have a PATENT on Craps "Back On Bet" side bet ... Working on Craps game variations hope to have patents in 2018 - Second Chance Craps and Sub-Crap-tion ... A completely new dice game idea is next - D.. Dice D......
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 56
July 31st, 2014 at 5:26:39 AM permalink

I'm not sure how newsworthy this is, but any lingering doubts about whether or not the patent has been approved, have now vanished.

I still haven't gotten anything from the patent office, but the other day, I got a bill from my lawyer. The only new line item was the fee paid to the patent office, so I think that's the end of the line for lawyer fees (please don't tell me I'm wrong).

I also got three pieces of 'junk' mail. This is the 'real' confirmation.

Two of them are from companies that manufacture awards, plaques, and other items that can be "proudly displayed in my home or office, and/or given as recognition to key members of my development team." Yeah, ok. That might actually be cool to have, but I'm not even gonna ask how much the cheapest looking one is. Five bucks is more than I'd pay.

The other was a company that will help me market my product. Everything from print advertising, infomercials, and distribution to retailers nationwide. I'm tempted to contact them just to see how long they will work their pitch before reading my patent and discover it has no consumer / retail marketability.

Anyway, if you're interested: Google Patents # 8777716. And, yeah, I realize that this Google patent document is much better confirmation than the junk mail. But I only thought of doing that Google search now, as I was entering this post. And that lead me to a link for the USPTO Patent # 8777716.

Congrats on the patent! It's amazing how much junk mail you get once your patent gets issued. I have never ordered the plaques from any of the companies, but my patent attorney does for each patent that he writes. It is kind of neat to go to his office and see the 75 allowed patents on the walls.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 178
July 31st, 2014 at 6:00:02 AM permalink
Quote: NewToCraps

So your patent number has a four of a kind (sevens at that) ... what does that payout in PFR (Patents for Roulette) ?

The patent is based upon my first version, which was five spins. But it was also written so that the number of spins, types of winning combinations, and payouts shown, are just examples and can change.

The Poker For Roulette website math & payout page shows the combinations and payouts for 3, 4 and 5 spin versions.

To answer your specific question, a Four Of A Kind, in the five spin version, pays 1,000 for 1.

Edit:
After posting, I realized that you pointed out the 7777 in the patent number. That hadn't even occurred to me! Blame Foxwoods for that. Last paragraph in this post: http://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/other-games/14449-analyzing-the-firecracker-bingo/#post253224
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
jon
jon
  • Threads: 11
August 2nd, 2014 at 8:23:52 AM permalink

I realized that you pointed out the 7777 in the patent number. That hadn't even occurred to me!

The Rainbow Roulette patent number is 8,777,223, I thought it was a good sign that it has three 7's, but four 7's is a really good sign!
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 232
October 12th, 2014 at 5:23:03 AM permalink
So, I was wondering if this has to do with you in anyway.

http://www.interblock.eu/usa/products/G5-diamond/roulette-generator/

Has their new sidebet "Big Poker Roulette".

And if not, will your patent protect you.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 178
October 12th, 2014 at 8:49:39 AM permalink
No. I've got nothing to do with Interblock's Big Poker Roulette.

Additionally, I don't think there is an overlap of concepts.

There isn't a lot of info on their site, but my guess is that the bettor places a bet on red, black OR straight. My concept is that the bettor places a bet that ANY of a variety of outcomes will occur. Probably other differences, but I think that's enough.

But thanks for looking out for me. :)
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗

• Jump to: