Paradigm
Paradigm
Joined: Feb 24, 2011
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 2225
July 2nd, 2013 at 4:34:34 PM permalink
Yes, Lucky Stiff is a BJ Side Bet.

Unfortunately it is very difficult to separate the hold as it relates to the main game vs. the side bet without some fairly labor intensive analysis which typically is not done. They look at the overall hold on the table in comparison to their historical hold before the side bet was installed and draw comparisons from there.
McDemon
McDemon
Joined: May 20, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 167
July 3rd, 2013 at 1:41:33 AM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

Yes, Lucky Stiff is a BJ Side Bet.

Unfortunately it is very difficult to separate the hold as it relates to the main game vs. the side bet without some fairly labor intensive analysis which typically is not done. They look at the overall hold on the table in comparison to their historical hold before the side bet was installed and draw comparisons from there.



They do not appeared to have given this bet much of a trial... how long was the bet on trial?
Controversial sometimes, brutally honest..Always
Canyonero
Canyonero
Joined: Nov 19, 2012
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 509
July 3rd, 2013 at 2:24:15 AM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

Unfortunately our initial installation of Lucky Stiff ran into some bad variance and due to the resulting overall poor hold percentages during the 35 days of operations, the game was removed.



This must be your take on the issue as the game's creator, and this is fully understandable.

But it can't be the full story, can it? No casino could possibly be that stupid. If the game performed as expected in all terms except in terms of variance, you don't remove it. [Morbo]YOU CANNOT CONTROL A GIVEN VARIANCE! THAT IS THE NATURE OF VARIANCE![/Morbo]

So there must be more to it. However, a part of me is willing to believe a casino might actually be that stupid.
Paradigm
Paradigm
Joined: Feb 24, 2011
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 2225
July 3rd, 2013 at 5:44:30 AM permalink
Quote: McDemon

They do not appeared to have given this bet much of a trial... how long was the bet on trial?


35 Days
Paradigm
Paradigm
Joined: Feb 24, 2011
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 2225
July 3rd, 2013 at 6:08:15 AM permalink
I agree with you Canyonero, there had to be more to the decision, but that is what I was told. I actually really like the mgmt team/casino and still do.
UCivan
UCivan
Joined: Sep 3, 2011
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 830
July 3rd, 2013 at 7:31:02 AM permalink
How about the dealers? Did you take care of dealers during the training? Did you give them T-shirts or chocolate? Does Lucky Stiff let them make more tips? In tribal casinos, dealers and their comradeship are very powerful. There are always "other" reasons.
McDemon
McDemon
Joined: May 20, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 167
July 3rd, 2013 at 5:02:25 PM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

35 Days



That's a joke, and not a very good one, 35 days, whats the point it trialing it? If it was that bad, surely it would never have made it to trial. Shows exactly some of the clowns running casinos..Bad luck Lucky, let this experience spurn you on to better things..
Controversial sometimes, brutally honest..Always
Lucky
Lucky
Joined: Nov 6, 2009
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 192
July 4th, 2013 at 5:55:47 AM permalink
Quote: McDemon

That's a joke, and not a very good one, 35 days, whats the point it trialing it? If it was that bad, surely it would never have made it to trial. Shows exactly some of the clowns running casinos..Bad luck Lucky, let this experience spurn you on to better things..



Thanks for the encouragement, McDemon. Paradigm and I are disappointed by the decision but not discouraged. My only concern going in was the 'action' the game would receive, knowing that the performance would take care of itself over time if players accepted and liked the game. And they did. This business is full of surprises, and like you, I was taken aback by the news that the property was closing a new game that had so quickly caught on with its patrons. Both the drop and overall participation on the side bet were excellent. Go figure.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -- Winston Churchill
Lucky
Lucky
Joined: Nov 6, 2009
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 192
July 4th, 2013 at 6:06:44 AM permalink
Quote: UCivan

How about the dealers? ... Does Lucky Stiff let them make more tips?



Good point, UCivan. I designed the game to be 'dealer friendly' and inviting for players to make their tips on the side bet, which has a very decent hit rate and easy and appealing payout structure. I don't know how the tokes added up in actual play, but according to reports I received, the dealers liked the game and found it easy to deal.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -- Winston Churchill
McDemon
McDemon
Joined: May 20, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 167
July 4th, 2013 at 6:58:33 AM permalink
Quote: Lucky

How about the dealers? ... Does Lucky Stiff let them make more tips?

Good point, UCivan. I designed the game to be 'dealer friendly' and inviting for players to make their tips on the side bet, which has a very decent hit rate and easy and appealing payout structure. I don't know how the tokes added up in actual play, but according to reports I received, the dealers liked the game and found it easy to deal.



The mind boggles!!
Controversial sometimes, brutally honest..Always

  • Jump to: