jopke
jopke
  • Threads: 5
November 28th, 2012 at 3:42:28 PM permalink
I am working on a baccarat simulator and would like to offer free analysis to anyone that has an idea they want to try out.

My analysis wouldn't be precise enough to act as an official report as it is just a simulation, but for the bets on wizard of odds, my numbers are always within a hundredth of a percent, so it is a good approximation for trying out new stuff.

I'm not intending on publishing my software and if I ever did I wouldn't include any bets or pay structures without the permission of the person who sent it. I'm just having fun getting this thing built and wanted to share.

PM me or post here if you have something!
MangoJ
MangoJ
  • Threads: 10
November 28th, 2012 at 3:50:29 PM permalink
Baccarat is only 6 cards depth. Without suits and only value you can loop over all 10^6 combinations. The precision would be exact, and it would be a lot faster than simulationg millions of hands.
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
November 28th, 2012 at 4:06:26 PM permalink
Baccarat is such a quick and easy game to calculate precisely that it can be done in Javascript - see the Wizard's baccarat calculator.
jopke
jopke
  • Threads: 5
November 28th, 2012 at 4:57:33 PM permalink
To be clear I wasn't trying to say it is difficult to get an exact analysis, I was saying that my software doesn't do that. It is by design.

I just figured there might be people that have some rules or side bets they wanted a quick and dirty analysis on, and getting that quickly for free would be helpful.
  • Jump to: