Thread Rating:

Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
July 23rd, 2023 at 4:22:50 PM permalink
Does anyone have or use the Caeser's Credit Card? And have any reviews? It seems to currently have a bonus of 10,000 Reward Credits (basically 100 dollars), and 2,500 Tier Credits (if you have a Caeser's reward account) if you spend 1,000 dollars in 90 days.

Also, the website does not say it, but I have heard that you get an automatic upgrade to platinum if you make any purchase (of any amount) on it within 90 days of issuance (but I can't find a firm confirmation of this).

https://d.comenity.net/caesarsrewardsvisa/pub/benefits/benefits/Benefits.xhtml

No annual fee, no foreign transaction fee, ok reward points (only good for spends in Caeser properties where it is basically 5% cashback everywhere else is 1-2%), make it seem like a fairly solid entertainment credit card (even if you only use it within Caeser's properties)? Anyone have thoughts or experiences with it?
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
Thanked by
Gandler
July 23rd, 2023 at 5:27:05 PM permalink
I have one. The only problem I have ever had with it is, the bank that gives it out tends to be a bit overcautious with blocking charges. Case in point: a few years ago, it blocked a charge at a Costco - because my previous charges at Costcos were in a different city. They have softened the stance a little; now, they will send me an email telling me every time somebody makes a charge where I was not present (usually because I ordered something online).

I use mine pretty much everywhere; I have earned enough points on it to pay for the room on my last Vegas trip (5 weeknights at PH). Note that not all restaurants will let you use points; I don't think any Gordon Ramsay ones do, although I think Bobby Flay's will.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
July 25th, 2023 at 4:20:39 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

I have one. The only problem I have ever had with it is, the bank that gives it out tends to be a bit overcautious with blocking charges. Case in point: a few years ago, it blocked a charge at a Costco - because my previous charges at Costcos were in a different city. They have softened the stance a little; now, they will send me an email telling me every time somebody makes a charge where I was not present (usually because I ordered something online).

I use mine pretty much everywhere; I have earned enough points on it to pay for the room on my last Vegas trip (5 weeknights at PH). Note that not all restaurants will let you use points; I don't think any Gordon Ramsay ones do, although I think Bobby Flay's will.
link to original post

Thanks! Follow up question, what is your view of the Caeser's travel portal if you use that to book your whole trips? (I know they can range from awesome to mediocre depending on the provider?) Also, is it worth using for non-gaming trips (for general travel to accrue points)?
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
Thanked by
Gandler
July 25th, 2023 at 5:57:56 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Follow up question, what is your view of the Caeser's travel portal if you use that to book your whole trips? (I know they can range from awesome to mediocre depending on the provider?) Also, is it worth using for non-gaming trips (for general travel to accrue points)?
link to original post

I have never used it. I book the hotels directly through the Caesar's website, and the flights directly through the airlines.
  • Jump to: