Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 66
  • Posts: 660
February 10th, 2021 at 12:12:18 PM permalink
What are they going to do next, ask the beer companies to start producing 6-8 oz bottles of beer?
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 3283
February 10th, 2021 at 12:15:55 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

What are they going to do next, ask the beer companies to start producing 6-8 oz bottles of beer?


I have seen casinos serve compíd draft beer in tiny 6oz plastic cups.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 3283
February 10th, 2021 at 12:18:54 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I have seen casinos serve compíd draft beer in tiny 6oz plastic cups.


This also makes me angry when I want a comp soft drink.

They bring it out in a tiny 6oz cup full to the top with ice, and maybe 2oz of actual drink. And the server still expects a $1 tip for that. You are better off spending $4.00 for a soda out of the hotel vending machine.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 66
  • Posts: 660
February 10th, 2021 at 1:41:31 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I have seen casinos serve compíd draft beer in tiny 6oz plastic cups.



Common practice for Nevada casinos for certain weekends or events where they don't want any glass or bottles ending up out on the streets.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 66
  • Posts: 660
February 10th, 2021 at 1:42:45 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

This also makes me angry when I want a comp soft drink.

They bring it out in a tiny 6oz cup full to the top with ice, and maybe 2oz of actual drink. And the server still expects a $1 tip for that. You are better off spending $4.00 for a soda out of the hotel vending machine.



Keep the glass, and re-order your drink with no ice.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 2672
February 10th, 2021 at 1:51:04 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

Common practice for Nevada casinos for certain weekends or events where they don't want any glass or bottles ending up out on the streets.



I donít think the complaint is not serving in a glass, itís the 6oz part. Doing their part to kill the planet as soon as possible once they get their profit out of it...
TomG
TomG
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 2259
February 10th, 2021 at 4:27:20 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

What are they going to do next, ask the beer companies to start producing 6-8 oz bottles of beer?



Liquor stores have been selling 7-ounce cans and bottles since before I was 21, for little kids.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 3283
February 10th, 2021 at 4:44:43 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

Keep the glass, and re-order your drink with no ice.


I hate not having ice and my drink, $1 for a Dixie cup of soda would be a bad deal at movie theater, let alone a casino where the drinks are supposed to be free.

I donít understand why they donít just use offer canned soft drinks. I am able to order cans of redbull from CET diamond menu, but not any other soft drink.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 66
  • Posts: 660
February 10th, 2021 at 7:07:46 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I hate not having ice and my drink,



This is why you keep your old glass that still has ice and reorder your soda or juice with no ice. You could also request that they pour your soda in a tall or taller glass, if they say they canít just order two, one with ice and the other with no ice.

Or you can go to the arcade and get your can or bottle of soda at a fraction of the cost. Arcade food and drinks are usually priced within reason for obvious reasons. For people like me who want value, not because of the kids who only have so little money to spend
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 3283
February 10th, 2021 at 7:18:53 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

This is why you keep your old glass that still has ice and reorder your soda or juice with no ice. You could also request that they pour your soda in a tall or taller glass, if they say they canít just order two, one with ice and the other with no ice.

Or you can go to the arcade and get your can or bottle of soda at a fraction of the cost. Arcade food and drinks are usually priced within reason for obvious reasons. For people like me who want value, not because of the kids who only have so little money to spend


lol now I gotta play musical chairs with my cups to get a decent refreshment

Not sure why anyone other than a bean counter would shill for garbage drink programs like this.

  • Jump to: