JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 208
March 31st, 2018 at 4:00:30 PM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

Sad to hear the Rio has gone downhill so much.

I think my review was FAIR and BALANCED. So, you know, take the good with the bad. I would stay there again, I just think there are some easy to implement improvements they should consider.
Last edited by: JohnnyQ on Mar 31, 2018
“You see, that’s why we’re a great band ! Yes we are, we are a band. I am in a band.”
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
March 31st, 2018 at 4:08:46 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

I think my review was FAIR and BALANCED. So, you know, take the good with the bad. I would stay there again, I just think they are some easy to implement improvements they should consider.

I would have thought, with the WSOP and Penn and Teller, there would be enough revenue to spend on capital improvements. But what do I know about CET corporate?

Sorry to hear the buffet's gone downhill. They really did deserve a rave for a while there.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
March 31st, 2018 at 4:25:47 PM permalink
The chinese restaurant serves average dim sum, Gold Coast has better though.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
  • Threads: 3
March 31st, 2018 at 4:54:39 PM permalink
Your plus list has to include Penn and Teller.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
March 31st, 2018 at 8:35:02 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

Your plus list has to include Penn and Teller.

Fair enough. I've seen them a couple of times, but haven't rushed back to see them a 3rd time. There are other CET shows I have seen MORE than 3 times.

I was hoping to put in a BIG PLUS for the new WOW show, but it became a big MINUS when the tickets were so unreasonably restricted that I couldn't see them during a 4 night window.
“You see, that’s why we’re a great band ! Yes we are, we are a band. I am in a band.”
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 31st, 2018 at 8:47:00 PM permalink
Stay at the Rio

Play at the Palms/Gold Coast

Eat at Gold Coast
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 23
March 31st, 2018 at 9:14:35 PM permalink
Quote:

Stay at the Rio

Lose at Gold Coast, Hooters, Paris, Cromwell, Tropicana, Hard Rock, The Orleans, Red Rock...

Eat at Gold Coast

It's been a long week.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
April 1st, 2018 at 5:53:59 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

Stay at the Rio

Play at the Palms/Gold Coast

Eat at Gold Coast

The breakfast buffet at PALMS was nice, on Thursday (?) it was free b-fast buffet day by earning 200 base points. We did. The "steak calamari" there was excellent (technically that was probably one of the lunch items). We ended up having the PALMS breakfast buffet twice on this trip.

We also did the CET 24 hours of buffet thing once.

OK = RIO Buffet Dinner
GOOD = FLAMINGO Buffet Breakfast
OK = PLANET HOLLYWOOD Buffet
...............Wow, PH has really gone downhill in terms of selection.

Other meals:

GOOD = ELLIS ISLAND Steak Breakfast
GOOD = MIRAGE Lunch Buffet. We did a late lunch on purpose before an afternoon show and accidently stayed long enough to get very good dinner crab legs.
OK = Food Court at RED ROCK ( I got Panda Express )
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
April 1st, 2018 at 6:02:54 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I've been staying at Wynn/Caesars my last few trips but yearn for my cheaper days at the Rio!

Hey Soopoo, you know because I am such a nice guy and everything, let's trade room comps next time we are both there, you take my room at the RIO and I'll stay at WYNN ! ! !
SiegfriedRoy
SiegfriedRoy
  • Threads: 16
April 1st, 2018 at 6:05:27 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

The "steak calamari" there was excellent

What is that like? deep fried breaded strips of steaks? And is the 200 points for free breakfast a daily promo or a week day promo?

• Jump to: