Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
April 17th, 2014 at 2:22:50 PM permalink
Quote: FunkyDoctor

One Gold Card update...Sam's has now put a $50 limit on the bottle of wine, unfortunately. The Ferrari-Cerano falls in that price range and is a pretty good pairing with your steak. If you go $5 or $10 over, they typically don't say anything.

I gotta disagree with teddys a bit in that I wouldn't consider the food there "pretty terrible". I would agree that most of the traditional Mexican and Willy & Jose's is mediocre, however they have some specialty dishes that are quite good. The steaks at Billy-Bobs are good. They are not top quality, but I have never been disappointed. The seafood there is a little lacking and I was disappointed in some of their sides, specifically the creamed spinach and mac and cheese. The tomato caprese salad is a winner and some of their soups have been excellent.

I avoid buffets, so no opinion there, and Fridays is Fridays. However, I am a big fan of the sports book deli. I thought their reubens and Philly cheese steaks were quite good, and they have pretty good chef salads and cobb salads that I often take to go...especially as I am checking out.

Overall, the gold card program is a winner in my book and worth giving play at Sammie's to get it.

Hey I know you.
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 23
April 21st, 2014 at 1:15:43 PM permalink
Whoops, disappeared there for a bit.

Yeah, gold card was fun. I estimate I ran about 170+ a day there for two. Friday's, Deli, Friday's, Steakhouse, Friday's, Deli. Repeat.

...Went home with maybe 5lb of steak, 6 sandwiches, and maybe 15 bottled drinks. =D

Our server jokingly winced at a 40$ shot of Johnnie Blue. (I estimate it was about 3x bottle price...)

Will post a photo of the card/literature later.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 68
April 21st, 2014 at 1:22:47 PM permalink
Quote: Venthus

Whoops, disappeared there for a bit.

Yeah, gold card was fun. I estimate I ran about 170+ a day there for two. Friday's, Deli, Friday's, Steakhouse, Friday's, Deli. Repeat.

...Went home with maybe 5lb of steak, 6 sandwiches, and maybe 15 bottled drinks. =D

Our server jokingly winced at a 40$ shot of Johnnie Blue. (I estimate it was about 3x bottle price...)

Will post a photo of the card/literature later.

I don't understand your first statement. Are you saying you played $170k coin in a day for two days? If so, wow, that is a lot of play in a short period of time.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
April 21st, 2014 at 1:25:09 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I don't understand your first statement. Are you saying you played $170k coin in a day for two days? If so, wow, that is a lot of play in a short period of time.

I think that he is saying that he spend $170+ per day for two people on food. Which is a lot when you consider that he is eating at Friday's.
Venthus
Venthus
April 21st, 2014 at 10:22:53 PM permalink
Each meal at Friday's was about 15-20, and two people. Dinners were at the steakhouse, and about 20-40 a person. Sandwiches ran about 10$ each, the bottled drinks were 3-4$, and I sort of got too many mason jar drinks at 10$ a pop. (You keep the jar. They ran out of lids 3 days in though.) Why yes, I'm cheap. Tipped decently though. =D

Tack on a few malts and, ah, overpurchases to bring home and there you go.

In terms of action, I estimate green chipping BJ about 30 hours in total over five days.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
April 22nd, 2014 at 1:24:11 AM permalink
When you live here you get really good at comp usage estimation, kind of like counting cards for deck estimation. $50 comp means I am charging $49.99 pretax. But to add gold card is very nice. I moved and ate filets everyday until I had to leave Sam's.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Venthus
Venthus
April 22nd, 2014 at 2:01:24 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

I moved and ate filets everyday until I had to leave Sam's.

Rib eye, bone in, was way better. ...Assuming you can actually get it to the right wellness. The medium rares ranged from very rare to well done, depending on the day.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
April 22nd, 2014 at 2:35:31 AM permalink

Rib eye, bone in, was way better. ...Assuming you can actually get it to the right wellness. The medium rares ranged from very rare to well done, depending on the day.

You're probably right but I grew up eating the cheapest thing on the menu everywhere I went, now the floodgates have opened for me to be even more cheaper by using OPM (like Money Talks) to charge as much as I want. Clearly I should be a trophy husband to a rich cougar in the future :)
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Venthus
Venthus
June 4th, 2014 at 10:04:15 AM permalink
...Right, it's been a month and a half and I kept forgetting to actually post the image of the card info. Sooooo, here we are!

http://i.imgur.com/vtTxwvP.jpg
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
June 4th, 2014 at 10:53:05 AM permalink

...Right, it's been a month and a half and I kept forgetting to actually post the image of the card info. Sooooo, here we are!

http://i.imgur.com/vtTxwvP.jpg

Can we, like, be friends :)
100% risk of ruin

• Jump to: