jeffb
jeffb
  • Threads: 2
June 18th, 2022 at 9:36:23 AM permalink
I'll take another stab at this, but from a slightly different angle. I've been playing Ultimate X Jacks or Better with the following pay table:

1 credit: 250 / 50 / 25 / 7 / 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 / 1
2 credits 500/ 100/ 50 / 14 / 10 / 8 / 6 / 4 / 1
3 credits 750 / 150 / 75 / 21 / 15 / 12 / 9 / 6 / 3
4 credits 1000 / 200 / 100 / 28 / 20 / 16 / 12 / 8 / 4
5 credits 4000 / 250 / 125 / 35 / 25 / 20 / 15 / 10 / 5
10 credits, same as 5 credits with multipliers.

The Wizard does provide a ready-made UX JoB strategy, but it's for 9/6, and the machines I've been playing on are only 7/5, so I have to create my own. On his UX Multi-line page the Wizard gives the following advice for creating a custom strategy on the strategy maker app:

Creating a strategy for a game not listed above is easy. Just follow these steps:

For each poker hand, determine: (adjusted win) = 2×(base win) + (multiplier) - 1. For example, if the base win for a full house is 8 and the multiplier is 12, then the adjusted win is 2 × 8 + 12 - 1 = 27.
Put each adjusted win in my video poker strategy maker.
Click "continue."

It's my understanding that the base game here would be the 5 credit bet, so I'd input the 5 credit figures (although I am still confused about what figure to use for the Royal Flush, the 4000 shown above or the "normalized" 800 figure; thanks to Dieter for pointing out this practice).

My new question is this: suppose I wanted to make a custom strategy for each average multiplier, how would I go about doing this? For example: I sit down and play my first hand of Ultimate X JoB, with no multipliers applied, nothing there to vulture. I use my custom 7/5 basic strategy for that one. Let's say on that hand I'm dealt a natural 3 of A Kind on a 10 hand multi-line, and let's say none of the hands turn into a 4 of A Kind or Full House, so I'm paid 15 credits times 10 hands and receive a 4x multiplier on the next 10 hands, so the average multiplier on the next hand would be x4 across all 10 hands. I'd like to create another strategy to use for this scenario, one that takes into account that another 3 of a Kind on the next draw will pay 60 instead of only 15. So using the Wizards' formula above should I just plug 60 into the formula instead of 15? And since I'm already at a 4x multiplier do I need to add or subtract an additional adjustment to the formula? Would I need to adjust the Wizard's formula at all in order to accomplish what I'm trying to do? I'd like to have a strategy on hand for each average multiplier, from 2x to 12x (whole numbers only, no fractions, that would get crazy). Thanks for any help!
TheCapitalShip
TheCapitalShip
  • Threads: 7
June 18th, 2022 at 3:24:13 PM permalink
So I'm nowhere near a math expert or anything so please someone correct me if I am wrong on this advice,
If I am reading that example right, this would mean that you have 4x multiplier on all hands correct?

If so, I would assume you would use the formula for the Ultimate X single-line which the wizard has as follows under Ultimate X single line:

"For the single-line version of Ultimate X, it is important to have a separate strategy for each multiplier on the current hand. In the multi-line version you can get away with a single strategy, because the multipliers averaged out somewhat across hands, but not in this version.

You can generate strategies yourself for any game and pay table using my video poker strategy maker. To use it, for any given multiplier enter into the "prize" column for each hand: win + multiplier - 1. For example, with a 4x multiplier and a pay table win of 25, enter as the prize 4+25-1=28."

Since EVERY hand in this case has a 4x multiplier, I would assume the strategy would be the same as single line if it had a 4x multiplier, so in that case since you are playing 7/5 JoB, you would do that formula for all payouts for your strategy.

Again! Not a math expert and this is just my intuition talking but I do hope I am right on this assumption.
  • Jump to: