gunbj
gunbj
Joined: Apr 11, 2018
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 56
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 4th, 2021 at 8:24:40 AM permalink
Hello,

Can anybody tell me or point me to an analyzer that can analyze a video poker game which is essentially Joker Poker (Jacks or Better) with the following paytable at 5c:

- Five of a kind: 5000
- Royal Flush (natural or wild): 2500
- Straight Flush: 500
- Four of a kind: 200
- Full House: 50
- Flush: 35
- Straight: 25
- Three of a kind: 15
- Two pair: 10
- High Pair (Jacks or Better): 5

NOTE: There is no pay for a Natural Royal Flush, only for a Royal Flush which I guess means both Natural and with the Joker.

Thank you
sabre
sabre
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 1166
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146gunbj
August 4th, 2021 at 8:33:07 AM permalink
The game doesn't deal cards according to correct probabilities. If it did it did the payout would be way over 100%. So there's no use in analyzing the game as if it does.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 1988
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146gunbj
August 4th, 2021 at 8:36:44 AM permalink
Quote: sabre

The game doesn't deal cards according to correct probabilities. If it did it did the payout would be way over 100%. So there's no use in analyzing the game as if it does.



500:1 on a royal would appear to offset the 1000:1 on a 5ok.
May the cards fall in your favor.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 19801
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146gunbj
August 4th, 2021 at 8:41:29 AM permalink
Quote: gunbj

Hello,

Can anybody tell me or point me to an analyzer that can analyze a video poker game which is essentially Joker Poker (Jacks or Better) with the following paytable at 5c:

- Five of a kind: 5000
- Royal Flush (natural or wild): 2500
- Straight Flush: 500
- Four of a kind: 200
- Full House: 50
- Flush: 35
- Straight: 25
- Three of a kind: 15
- Two pair: 10
- High Pair (Jacks or Better): 5

NOTE: There is no pay for a Natural Royal Flush, only for a Royal Flush which I guess means both Natural and with the Joker.

Thank you

Unless I'm missing something, it would be hard to believe this can exist for real money, and be fair. if it did exist there would be no reason to analyze this, JUST PLAY IT, as it would come back in the neighborhood of 175% return.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
sabre
sabre
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 1166
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146gunbj
August 4th, 2021 at 8:42:16 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

500:1 on a royal would appear to offset the 1000:1 on a 5ok.



Nothing offsets 2:1 on 2 pair.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 132
  • Posts: 14605
Thanks for this post from:
gunbjJohnzimboodiousgambit
August 4th, 2021 at 8:43:50 AM permalink
Roses are red,
Violets are blue;
It's a Native casino,
The paytable is untrue.

Did I guess right?
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
sabre
sabre
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 1166
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146gunbj
August 4th, 2021 at 8:44:20 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Unless I'm missing something, it would be hard to believe this can exist for real money, and be fair. if it did exist there would be no reason to analyze this, JUST PLAY IT, as it would come back in the neighborhood of 175% return.



There's obviously no class III game with that paytable.
gunbj
gunbj
Joined: Apr 11, 2018
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 56
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 4th, 2021 at 8:47:25 AM permalink
Thanks everyone.
That was my thought as well, probably not a fair game.
What would a strategy look like if one wanted to give it a try?
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 132
  • Posts: 14605
Thanks for this post from:
gunbj
August 4th, 2021 at 8:49:04 AM permalink
Quote: gunbj

Thanks everyone.
That was my thought as well, probably not a fair game.
What would a strategy look like if one wanted to give it a try?



It's hard to say because, by it's very nature, it's not that close to anything. I'd probably guess something roughly close to JoB-Optimal, except treating the Joker as the best card that it could be if the game were JoB? I'd think that would get you close.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 19801
Thanks for this post from:
gunbjMission146
August 4th, 2021 at 8:51:44 AM permalink
Quote: gunbj

Thanks everyone.
That was my thought as well, probably not a fair game.
What would a strategy look like if one wanted to give it a try?

Even if you didn't have a correct strategy and just went with your gut feeling while playing at a normal speed on a .25 denomination, you would be making over $500 an hour easy with zero variance. I would think a $20 bill would be good enough to get started.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪

  • Jump to: