Poll

5 votes (33.33%)
2 votes (13.33%)
10 votes (66.66%)
2 votes (13.33%)

15 members have voted

Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 650
June 14th, 2020 at 2:30:00 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Why do you have a rotation?



I generally focus on 2 -3 machines. I just like playing machines that I'm familiar with based on my history. Some factors are how many hands Ive played on that machine, last time a Royal was hit, etc.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 149
  • Posts: 19178
June 14th, 2020 at 9:52:20 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

I generally focus on 2 -3 machines. I just like playing machines that I'm familiar with based on my history. Some factors are how many hands Ive played on that machine, last time a Royal was hit, etc.

how's that working out for you overall?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 641
June 14th, 2020 at 10:37:49 PM permalink
FWIW....several of the you tube slot players say there is no question in their mind the hold percentages have been upped since they re-open. . If I was going to believe anyone...itís the players who are putting in some 700 sessions per year.

Whether or not the percentage hold can be changed remotely with the flip of a switch....Iíve heard yes and no. Ask an actual casino this question or if they have upped their hold....they play like the 3 monkeys.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 252
  • Posts: 7912
June 14th, 2020 at 10:54:04 PM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

FWIW....several of the you tube slot players say there is no question in their mind the hold percentages have been upped since they re-open. . If I was going to believe anyone...itís the players who are putting in some 700 sessions per year.

Whether or not the percentage hold can be changed remotely with the flip of a switch....Iíve heard yes and no. Ask an actual casino this question or if they have upped their hold....they play like the 3 monkeys.



I asked a few years ago

The answer I got was they could but not without informing the gaming commission and it required a lot of paperwork so not to worry. It wasn't worth their time.

Of course they just had a lot of time on their hands so who knows.

And I didn't ask on the west coast but assume it would be similar

And of course it's also possible the casino worker I asked was full of crapola
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 641
June 14th, 2020 at 11:03:01 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I asked a few years ago

The answer I got was they could but not without informing the gaming commission and it required a lot of paperwork so not to worry. It wasn't worth their time.

Of course they just had a lot of time on their hands so who knows.

And I didn't ask on the west coast but assume it would be similar

And of course it's also possible the casino worker I asked was full of crapola


Itís strange how there are so many conflicting claims about what the casino can and canít do. DRich seems to think that gaming control does not need to be notified. You are saying they do....only East?

Quote: DRich

In Nevada you do not have to file with the Gaming Commission to change hold percentages.


The secrecy for a pretty simple question is astounding. I guess we could ask gaming control...then again you wonít get a straight answer anyway.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 252
  • Posts: 7912
June 14th, 2020 at 11:12:18 PM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

Itís strange how there are so many conflicting claims about what the casino can and canít do. DRich seems to think that gaming control does not need to be notified. You are saying they do....only East?


The secrecy for a pretty simple question is astounding. I guess we could ask gaming control...then again you wonít get a straight answer anyway.



Well DRich did preface it with "in Nevada".

It's probably a state thing.

Either way seems obvious they can change hold percentage on a purely mechanical means. Administrative is where there is some difference
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 149
  • Posts: 19178
June 15th, 2020 at 12:48:06 AM permalink
Vegasrider, seems to have been talking about video poker specifically.

I hope by now he/she understands the only thing that will turn a class 3 video poker machine into a loose or tight machine is within the pay table or meter rate on a progressive. In the case of special types of video poker machines perhaps they could possibly change the frequency of multipliers or whatever extra special gimmick they have.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 7278
Thanks for this post from:
rdw4potus
June 15th, 2020 at 7:26:01 AM permalink
Quote: TDVegas



The secrecy for a pretty simple question is astounding. I guess we could ask gaming control...then again you wonít get a straight answer anyway.



You don't need to ask anyone else, I know for a fact you don't have to report percentage changes to the Nevada Gaming Control Board as long as they meet the standards. I have been involved with this for 25 years in Nevada and have also been the Gaming Compliance Officer of a Nevada company.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 149
  • Posts: 19178
June 15th, 2020 at 7:52:07 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

You don't need to ask anyone else, I know for a fact you don't have to report percentage changes to the Nevada Gaming Control Board as long as they meet the standards. I have been involved with this for 25 years in Nevada and have also been the Gaming Compliance Officer of a Nevada company.

So you're saying there's a chance?😁
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 641
June 15th, 2020 at 10:42:53 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

You don't need to ask anyone else, I know for a fact you don't have to report percentage changes to the Nevada Gaming Control Board as long as they meet the standards. I have been involved with this for 25 years in Nevada and have also been the Gaming Compliance Officer of a Nevada company.


Understood. Thanks.

  • Jump to: