RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
Thanked by
heatmapGialmeremrsuit31
March 8th, 2020 at 7:38:05 AM permalink
Hey everyone. I wanted to share our latest video poker game with the hopes of getting your feedback and thoughts. The game is called Trade N' Place Poker and it is a stud based video poker game that allows the player to create 3 horizontal hands all from a single deck of cards. If a trade card is dealt in the opening deal, the player will choose any two cards to change spots in the matrix. Once the trade is complete, the player will then place two cards, one at a time, onto the matrix. The place cards will cover up the existing card in the hand. The game is complete upon the completion of the second place card.



Trade N' Place Link = https://www.realizegamingllc.com/dev/tradeNPlace/

A few things to keep in mind. We haven't finished the math yet and the wager that will be needed to play the game still needs to be figured out.

As always, we welcome any of your comments.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy 
  • Threads: 117
  • Posts: 6341
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
March 8th, 2020 at 8:19:49 AM permalink
The information button shows the information for String Multiplier Poker.

Also, it does not specify anywhere what the probability is of being dealt a Trade Card. Presumably, it would be settable on the machine (the way the Free Ride card can be set in Multistrike), but it would be nice to know when trying to do the math.

Questions:
1. What's meant by a bet of "5 + 20" (as opposed to just saying "25")? I can change the bet to, for example, "1 + 4", with a corresponding reduction in the pay table, but would a bet of, say, "1 + 3", or just "1", be possible, and if so, what happens?
2. When the player does not do a trade, are there always 3 place cards instead of two? You left that out of the description.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 8th, 2020 at 10:24:27 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

The information button shows the information for String Multiplier Poker.

Also, it does not specify anywhere what the probability is of being dealt a Trade Card. Presumably, it would be settable on the machine (the way the Free Ride card can be set in Multistrike), but it would be nice to know when trying to do the math.

Questions:
1. What's meant by a bet of "5 + 20" (as opposed to just saying "25")? I can change the bet to, for example, "1 + 4", with a corresponding reduction in the pay table, but would a bet of, say, "1 + 3", or just "1", be possible, and if so, what happens?
2. When the player does not do a trade, are there always 3 place cards instead of two? You left that out of the description.



You are correct on the information button. We will change that toward the end of the build.

We will eventually need to adjust the probability of the trade card once we get a firmer grasp on everything. We want it to happen enough to show the function of the trade card, but that remains to be seen.

1. Don't pay any attention to the wager amount yet. I'm sure that will be adjusted. My first thought is that it will cost 10 credits for each hand which would put the wager at a total of 30. It may have to do higher depending on the math.

2. Correct. If there is no trade card dealt, the player gets three place cards.
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 2956
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
March 8th, 2020 at 1:00:24 PM permalink
As a player, I'm really enjoying the hemming and hawing over what to do. It's a fun game.

On the other hand, if I owned a casino, I don't think I'd enjoy seeing my players spending so much time hemming and hawing over decisions and therefore slowing down the machine's money intake.

The tribulations of game design eh?
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy 
  • Threads: 117
  • Posts: 6341
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
March 8th, 2020 at 1:36:54 PM permalink
My main problem with the game is, if you don't get the Trade & Place card, then there's nothing for you to do; it's a glorified slot machine.

Maybe if trade & place was always available, but (a) instead of not being to do anything without a T&P card, you are shown three face down cards and select one to be your one allowed Place (similar to how you choose one of two face down cards in Pick A Pair), and (b) modify the pay tables accordingly (for example, require at least two pair to win), it would be more inviting to players.
Zcore13
Zcore13
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 3813
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
March 8th, 2020 at 3:50:32 PM permalink
Quote: RealizeGaming

Hey everyone. I wanted to share our latest video poker game with the hopes of getting your feedback and thoughts. The game is called Trade N' Place Poker and it is a stud based video poker game that allows the player to create 3 horizontal hands all from a single deck of cards. If a trade card is dealt in the opening deal, the player will choose any two cards to change spots in the matrix. Once the trade is complete, the player will then place two cards, one at a time, onto the matrix. The place cards will cover up the existing card in the hand. The game is complete upon the completion of the second place card.



Trade N' Place Link = https://www.realizegamingllc.com/dev/tradeNPlace/

A few things to keep in mind. We haven't finished the math yet and the wager that will be needed to play the game still needs to be figured out.

As always, we welcome any of your comments.



Good game. Makes me really think, which I like but I think might be too much for many VP players. Poker players might gravitate to it because of the comparing of cards used and "out" cards.


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
  • Posts: 26547
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
March 8th, 2020 at 3:57:40 PM permalink
All due credit for creativity and for creating a challenging thinking game.

However, as others pointed out, I'm concerned the hands per hour would be too low for the game to pull its weight. I am also concerned that even if you set the return at 100%, player errors will be very high and the bottom 99% of players will get killed.

The math of this will be a huge challenge. Please don't be stingy with your math guy, this one will require a monumental effort.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 8th, 2020 at 4:41:30 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

As a player, I'm really enjoying the hemming and hawing over what to do. It's a fun game.

On the other hand, if I owned a casino, I don't think I'd enjoy seeing my players spending so much time hemming and hawing over decisions and therefore slowing down the machine's money intake.

The tribulations of game design eh?



Thanks Gialmere.

That was my main concern...it does take some time to play. It does go quicker the more you get used to playing the game, but I'm hoping the higher initial wager can balance that out a bit.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 8th, 2020 at 4:44:36 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

My main problem with the game is, if you don't get the Trade & Place card, then there's nothing for you to do; it's a glorified slot machine.

Maybe if trade & place was always available, but (a) instead of not being to do anything without a T&P card, you are shown three face down cards and select one to be your one allowed Place (similar to how you choose one of two face down cards in Pick A Pair), and (b) modify the pay tables accordingly (for example, require at least two pair to win), it would be more inviting to players.



The game is not correct in how it plays just yet. In a couple of days it should go like this:

1. If a trade card appears, the player gets one trade, and then places two cards.
2. If no trade card appears, the player just gets to place three cards.

We should have that corrected soon.

I do like your idea ThatDonGuy. It would have some similarities to Pick a Pair which I really like.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 8th, 2020 at 4:46:30 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

All due credit for creativity and for creating a challenging thinking game.

However, as others pointed out, I'm concerned the hands per hour would be too low for the game to pull its weight. I am also concerned that even if you set the return at 100%, player errors will be very high and the bottom 99% of players will get killed.

The math of this will be a huge challenge. Please don't be stingy with your math guy, this one will require a monumental effort.



Agree with everything you mentioned above. We will continue to work on it.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 9th, 2020 at 6:36:00 PM permalink
Game is updated to correctly follow the one trade card allows two places and no trade card awards three places.

A nice win.
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 2956
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
March 13th, 2020 at 7:25:52 PM permalink
Still playing this.

Question: Trades are voluntary but are placements always mandatory?

Also, I see on your website that the game can be played on a 5x5 grid with hands scored both vertically and horizontally. Now THAT would be intense.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 14th, 2020 at 9:49:40 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Still playing this.

Question: Trades are voluntary but are placements always mandatory?

Also, I see on your website that the game can be played on a 5x5 grid with hands scored both vertically and horizontally. Now THAT would be intense.



Gialmere,

Glad you are still playing it. Just make sure you refresh your browser to make sure you have the most recent update.

You are correct. Trades are totally voluntary whereas placements are mandatory.

My original idea started with the 5x5 matrix, but with so many things to look at the game became cluttered and more complicated. The 5x3 allows the game to be played quicker and limiting the paylines to only the horizontal lines made it easier for the player. In the very near future, we will be looking at use a 3x3 grid with the trade N' place concept for a three card poker game. I think this would be a ton of fun because we would utilize 6 hands (horizontal and vertical). I'm not sure what that would do to the the math or whether or not players would enjoy it. My first thought would be to allow one trade with one place, or two places for the three card game.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11059
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
March 15th, 2020 at 7:39:51 AM permalink
Just played it for quite a bit. Up a few dollars after maybe an hour? I find it pretty easy to figure out what to do. Occasionally I have to go through a few permutations. But my brain works that way.
I can see 'average Joe' being overwhelmed by many of the necessary decisions. I mean, realize how few BJ players can even play basic strategy. Butttttt..... I think 'average Joe' won't realize how poorly he is playing and may like the game.

One positive is that it is a rare hand that you don't at least win some of your bet back. Seems like a slow bleed until you hit 4 of a kind.

I'd play it if I need to accumulate points.....
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 5082
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
March 15th, 2020 at 3:00:26 PM permalink
I have been having a blast playing it. It's lots of fun - the kind of game I enjoy.

I do find that I constantly am thinking about what the optimal trade is, only to finally realize that its a Place-3 round. Wasted time -for me and for the casino.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 5082
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
March 16th, 2020 at 12:45:50 PM permalink


This is on the demo game, but I wanted to show it off anyway.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 16th, 2020 at 3:06:52 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Just played it for quite a bit. Up a few dollars after maybe an hour? I find it pretty easy to figure out what to do. Occasionally I have to go through a few permutations. But my brain works that way.
I can see 'average Joe' being overwhelmed by many of the necessary decisions. I mean, realize how few BJ players can even play basic strategy. Butttttt..... I think 'average Joe' won't realize how poorly he is playing and may like the game.

One positive is that it is a rare hand that you don't at least win some of your bet back. Seems like a slow bleed until you hit 4 of a kind.

I'd play it if I need to accumulate points.....



Thanks for your feedback SOOPOO.

I think after playing a few hours so far, the game seems to stay right around a break even point. Granted it is only a small sample size, it seems to be the trend so far.

I agree with your point that there are not many times where you don't win something. It also appears that when trying to build your hand, the full house seems to be very common.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 16th, 2020 at 3:09:27 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888



This is on the demo game, but I wanted to show it off anyway.



Thanks for sharing your winning picture. I haven't been able to that that just yet, mostly four of a kinds as the high hands, but they royal does look very nice!

I saved the picture and will use it on LinkedIn for some upcoming posts. Thanks again for posting it.
LoquaciousMoFW
LoquaciousMoFW
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 194
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
March 19th, 2020 at 12:04:01 AM permalink
I have found this game most addictive, but I fear it plays too slowly for casinos.

Did have an interesting deal:


Final result was interesting too...
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 19th, 2020 at 6:12:05 AM permalink
Quote: LoquaciousMoFW

I have found this game most addictive, but I fear it plays too slowly for casinos.

Did have an interesting deal:


Final result was interesting too...



Nice looking deal! Thanks for sharing!!

I agree with the statement that it plays slow. I thought the increased wager to play the game could help offset the slow game play. Maybe once we adjust the math it will bump the wager up a little to help more.

I do think the player speeds up their play the more the become familiar with the game and what they need to do.
LoquaciousMoFW
LoquaciousMoFW
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 194
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
March 19th, 2020 at 11:37:11 AM permalink
I agree with the increased wager amount; I'd actually play this in a casino for $30 a hand, and I usually max out at $5 a deal. Of course that is probably because the RTP is currently high :) Got up to $24,000 in that session.

The dealt royal was nice, but the resulting 9 card royal interested me more.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 19th, 2020 at 11:50:50 AM permalink
Quote: LoquaciousMoFW

I agree with the increased wager amount; I'd actually play this in a casino for $30 a hand, and I usually max out at $5 a deal. Of course that is probably because the RTP is currently high :) Got up to $24,000 in that session.

The dealt royal was nice, but the resulting 9 card royal interested me more.



I'd be interested in how your others sessions go without the royal.

The nice thing about this game being a video poker game, a company could easily build in other bonuses such as 6, 7, 8 card royals or even multiple four of a kind bonuses, etc.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 5082
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
March 19th, 2020 at 1:01:04 PM permalink
I too am finding this game too be addictive.

Trade + 2 places mode: Very fun, but certainly +EV for the player with current wager size
3 Places mode: Not fun but certainly is -EV for the player

I imagine that once your mathematician figures out the EV for the player in both modes, you will adjust the frequency of the Trade + 2 places mode: downward. But if that trade mode becomes too infrequent I would not play this game - the trade decision is what is making this game fun for me. So you might want to consider increasing the initial wager size or adjusting paytable downward

I have seen that I play the game faster as I become more accustomed to it.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 19th, 2020 at 3:19:53 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

I too am finding this game too be addictive.

Trade + 2 places mode: Very fun, but certainly +EV for the player with current wager size
3 Places mode: Not fun but certainly is -EV for the player

I imagine that once your mathematician figures out the EV for the player in both modes, you will adjust the frequency of the Trade + 2 places mode: downward. But if that trade mode becomes too infrequent I would not play this game - the trade decision is what is making this game fun for me. So you might want to consider increasing the initial wager size or adjusting paytable downward

I have seen that I play the game faster as I become more accustomed to it.



Glad you are finding the game to be addictive!

Thanks for your thoughts on the number of trades and places. I'm sure as we get closer to the math we can find something that works. I'm sure we will look at reducing the appearance of the trade card to help balance the game, but I still want it to happen often. In this version of the game, we could go to a trade plus one place or without a trade card it could be 2 or 3 placed. Definitely something to look at. If people enjoy the current trades and place amounts, I'd first look at raising the bet as I really don't think people will mind since it is very rare that you go winless.

Have you had a chance to try the 3x3 version of the game in the other thread? Just curious to hear your thoughts on it. I actually like both, but you can expect that since they are my own games.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 5082
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
March 20th, 2020 at 10:25:58 PM permalink
You have reduced the frequency of the "Trade+ 2 Places" in the demo game! AArgh! Its still fun , but its also still +EV. The issue is the frequency with which player can make full houses and 4oaks.

I am a gaming mathematician, and I have tried to dream up ways to analyze this game. There are 17 or 18 cards involved in the game, so looping through all the possibilities is not possible. Also, given 15 cards on the board, a Trade decision involves 75 different options and a place decision involves 15 different options.

So the total number of combinations to be evaluated to create optimum player decisions in a brute force looping code is:

Place 3
c(52,5) *c(47,5)* C(42,5) * 37 * 15 *36 * 15 * 35 * 15 = 7.6 x 10^25

Trade + Place 2
c(52,5) *c(47,5)* C(42,5) *75 * 37 * 15 *36 * 15 = 5.3 x 10^26

So, I believe that is too many to do by a brute force looping code.

One might try generating the 15 card board via monte carlo with an RNG, and then looping through all the possible decisions to generate optimum player strategy for each randomly-selected 15 card board. That would still be a massive analysis.

OR, you might allow players to play a demo game that you post online and accumulate information on the outcomes of the Trade mode and the Place 3 mode.

Can you share with us the approach for analyzing this game?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
GaryJKoehler
GaryJKoehler
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 200
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
March 21st, 2020 at 5:34:16 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888


One might try generating the 15 card board via monte carlo with an RNG, and then looping through all the possible decisions to generate optimum player strategy for each randomly-selected 15 card board. That would still be a massive analysis.


This seems like the only realistic approach to getting an estimate of the EV.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
Thanked by
charliepatrick
March 21st, 2020 at 8:41:13 AM permalink
Trade N' Place - developmental version 3x3 version
-use this link to check the logic of the auto placer
http://realizegamingllc.com/dev/tradeNPlace3x3/

Trade N' Place - original 3x3 version
-use this link for trade + 1 place or just 1 place
https://realizegamingllc.com/demo/tradeNPlace3x3/

Trade N' Place - original 5x3 version
-use this link for trade + 2 place or just 3 places
https://www.realizegamingllc.com/demo/tradeNPlace/
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 21st, 2020 at 8:44:26 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

You have reduced the frequency of the "Trade+ 2 Places" in the demo game! AArgh! Its still fun , but its also still +EV. The issue is the frequency with which player can make full houses and 4oaks.

I am a gaming mathematician, and I have tried to dream up ways to analyze this game. There are 17 or 18 cards involved in the game, so looping through all the possibilities is not possible. Also, given 15 cards on the board, a Trade decision involves 75 different options and a place decision involves 15 different options.

So the total number of combinations to be evaluated to create optimum player decisions in a brute force looping code is:

Place 3
c(52,5) *c(47,5)* C(42,5) * 37 * 15 *36 * 15 * 35 * 15 = 7.6 x 10^25

Trade + Place 2
c(52,5) *c(47,5)* C(42,5) *75 * 37 * 15 *36 * 15 = 5.3 x 10^26

So, I believe that is too many to do by a brute force looping code.

One might try generating the 15 card board via monte carlo with an RNG, and then looping through all the possible decisions to generate optimum player strategy for each randomly-selected 15 card board. That would still be a massive analysis.

OR, you might allow players to play a demo game that you post online and accumulate information on the outcomes of the Trade mode and the Place 3 mode.

Can you share with us the approach for analyzing this game?



gordonm888,

I appreciate all your incite on the math for Trade N' Place. I will have my math and demo guys read your post over to see if they can provide more information. In my opinion, both your ideas are very valid.
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 2952
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
March 21st, 2020 at 12:43:22 PM permalink
Quote: RealizeGaming

.....Trade N' Place - original 5x3 version
-use this link for trade + 2 place or just 3 places
https://www.realizegamingllc.com/demo/tradeNPlace/

Nice game especially when this happens!
VladAlex1
VladAlex1
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 263
Joined: Dec 4, 2015
March 21st, 2020 at 12:54:11 PM permalink
By Alex Dunaevsky.


We haven’t started on the math analysis for this game since we’re focusing on the 3x3 version.

Our approach is to write a script that determines the best moves given specific cards on the table. We’ll test this script in the game by asking for player’s review and perhaps with an option to select a specific dealt set of cards to analyze tricky situations. Once we’re happy with the performance of the auto-play mode, we’ll take the script and run it outside the game in a terminal with no user interface. It should be able to play a billion rounds of the game in about 24 hours. We’ll only run a billion rounds once we see that it’s giving us a good RTP in shorter 5 to 20 min. simulations.

In the trade phase, the script might follow some steps like this:

1) Evaluate the 3 hands before the trade. Rank them form best to worst. Save that result for later to see if it’s better or worse after a potential trade move. Perhaps “No trade” is the best move. When ranking the hands, it might be necessary to apply the classic poker strategy and see which cards make sense to hold. Although there is no “hold” option in this game, that strategy can be used to give better rankings to the 3 hands.

2) Record the hand results of the 75 possible trade moves. Record their rankings using the same classic poker strategy.

3) Compare the possible trade moves with the original 3 hands and find the best move.

When making a swap move, the best move seems to depend on if it’s the last swap, or there are 1 or 2 more swaps to go.

For the last swap of the round, it’s a basic check of all 15 moves to see which one pays out the most.

For the first or second last swap, it would require further ranking of the hands before and after the swap to find the best 3 hands.

It’s a lengthy process to get the final script working, and we haven’t even started on the 5x3 version. It’s amazing how fast the computer can play the game, and even if it takes 3 days to simulate a billion rounds, it’s not a problem to us.
I’d rather have to be a lucky player than good one.
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 2956
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
Thanked by
RealizeGamingVladAlex1charliepatrickgordonm888
March 21st, 2020 at 1:40:58 PM permalink
One interesting/fun aspect I wanted to mention was that, unlike regular VP where you usually start by looking for pairs first and then scan around for other possibilities, for the T&P series of games I find myself always looking for straights and flushes first. Pairs are almost an afterthought. I think the freshness of this way of thinking is (at least) one of the reasons we play testers are finding the games so enjoyable.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 21st, 2020 at 2:43:02 PM permalink
Quote: charliepatrick

Nice game especially when this happens!



Great looking hand for sure! I'm still waiting to see two royals in one game!! 😁
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 5082
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
March 21st, 2020 at 3:25:33 PM permalink
I just played 200 rounds of the 3x5 Trade N Place demo game as it exists on 3-21-2020 and recorded results. I would claim that I am very skilled player.

200 rounds: Return was 36.975 units.

Breakdown
Trade + Place 2: 145 games: Return = 40 units; 4 hands > 200
Place 3: 55 games: Return = 29 units; 2 hands > 200

Hands that paid off > 200 units must have at least one 4oak, straight flush or royal flush.
*****************************
Comments:
1. Obviously, 200 trials is not very many. In particular, the results are affected by how many big hands you make.
2. I think the mathematical value of Trade + Place return is likely higher than 40 units, and the mathematical value for the Place 3 return is likely lower. than 29 units.
3. I actually believe this is an interesting way to get a feel for the value of the return or EV or HE of a very complex game. If I made an occasional strategy error, well that probably reflects errors that a real player might make. And its a quick way to get a ballpark range for return/EV without writing (and debugging) code.

I will report on more "trials" in the next few days.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 5082
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
March 21st, 2020 at 3:57:50 PM permalink
Quote: VladAlex1

By Alex Dunaevsky.


We haven’t started on the math analysis for this game since we’re focusing on the 3x3 version.

Our approach is to write a script that determines the best moves given specific cards on the table. We’ll test this script in the game by asking for player’s review and perhaps with an option to select a specific dealt set of cards to analyze tricky situations. Once we’re happy with the performance of the auto-play mode, we’ll take the script and run it outside the game in a terminal with no user interface. It should be able to play a billion rounds of the game in about 24 hours. We’ll only run a billion rounds once we see that it’s giving us a good RTP in shorter 5 to 20 min. simulations.

In the trade phase, the script might follow some steps like this:

1) Evaluate the 3 hands before the trade. Rank them form best to worst. Save that result for later to see if it’s better or worse after a potential trade move. Perhaps “No trade” is the best move. When ranking the hands, it might be necessary to apply the classic poker strategy and see which cards make sense to hold. Although there is no “hold” option in this game, that strategy can be used to give better rankings to the 3 hands.

2) Record the hand results of the 75 possible trade moves. Record their rankings using the same classic poker strategy.

3) Compare the possible trade moves with the original 3 hands and find the best move.

When making a swap move, the best move seems to depend on if it’s the last swap, or there are 1 or 2 more swaps to go.

For the last swap of the round, it’s a basic check of all 15 moves to see which one pays out the most.

For the first or second last swap, it would require further ranking of the hands before and after the swap to find the best 3 hands.

It’s a lengthy process to get the final script working, and we haven’t even started on the 5x3 version. It’s amazing how fast the computer can play the game, and even if it takes 3 days to simulate a billion rounds, it’s not a problem to us.



Interesting. Developing rule-based protocols for how player should play the hands will be a challenge. Good luck.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 5082
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
Thanked by
VladAlex1
March 22nd, 2020 at 5:37:21 PM permalink
I have now played another 200 hands (total of 400 hands) of the 3x5 Trade N Place DDB demo game and recorded results.

400 rounds: Return was 37.025 units.

Trade + Place 2 : 286 games: Return = 41.1 units;
Place 3 : 114 games: Return = 26.7 units
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 23rd, 2020 at 4:52:26 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

I have now played another 200 hands (total of 400 hands) of the 3x5 Trade N Place DDB demo game and recorded results.

400 rounds: Return was 37.025 units.

Trade + Place 2 : 286 games: Return = 41.1 units;
Place 3 : 114 games: Return = 26.7 units



Thanks gordonm888. I like hearing the game results others are experiencing and really appreciate you taking the time to share your outcomes with us.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 25th, 2020 at 5:51:33 PM permalink
Here is a pretty rare hand of two four of a kinds in one game.

SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11059
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
March 25th, 2020 at 6:44:29 PM permalink
Quote: RealizeGaming

Here is a pretty rare hand of two four of a kinds in one game.



More rare than that was the fact that you were LOSING before this hand! Were you intentionally trying to lose?
VladAlex1
VladAlex1
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 263
Joined: Dec 4, 2015
March 25th, 2020 at 7:03:05 PM permalink
Really Big Win!
Congrats

I do not see any intentional lost
Balance shown $10,840
Win shown $1,050
Before this great WIN player balance was 10,840 - 1,050=9,790

Reset for new session $10.000
Drop to $9,790 can be done by 7 hands 7x30=210
Looks real
Great!
I’d rather have to be a lucky player than good one.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
March 26th, 2020 at 4:17:46 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: RealizeGaming

Here is a pretty rare hand of two four of a kinds in one game.



More rare than that was the fact that you were LOSING before this hand! Were you intentionally trying to lose?



My brother sent it to me last night. He said he was only playing for a very short amount of time.
GaryJKoehler
GaryJKoehler
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 200
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
April 20th, 2020 at 8:08:17 AM permalink
Is there any way to turn-off the sound on the app (other than by lowering the computer's sound)?
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 607
Joined: Aug 1, 2013
April 20th, 2020 at 3:35:34 PM permalink
Quote: GaryJKoehler

Is there any way to turn-off the sound on the app (other than by lowering the computer's sound)?



GaryJKoehler, for the demo we do not have an option to turn off the sound. The only way to achieve that is to lower the volume on your computer.
  • Jump to: