HotBlonde
HotBlonde
Joined: Feb 8, 2011
  • Threads: 102
  • Posts: 1594
November 8th, 2019 at 5:23:10 PM permalink
Question:

If I walk up and find a game that has the Ultimate X set up and ready to go on a the next hand, do I bet max (and pay extra) to try and trigger the Ultimate X multiplier on that hand for the next hand? Or do I just play that hand and not pay the extra to try and trigger it again (if that makes sense)?

Thanks in advance.

...more questions to follow
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 1442
November 8th, 2019 at 5:53:21 PM permalink
If you're trying to vulture, then you only play the 5 credits per hand, "use" the multipliers.. and leave none for the next person who sits down to play.

ETA: It's possible that the answer is different for Ultimate X Bonus Streak.. but that's super complicated.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 132
  • Posts: 17084
Thanks for this post from:
bobbartopprozemaForager
November 8th, 2019 at 5:54:36 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Question:

If I walk up and find a game that has the Ultimate X set up and ready to go on a the next hand, do I bet max (and pay extra) to try and trigger the Ultimate X multiplier on that hand for the next hand? Or do I just play that hand and not pay the extra to try and trigger it again (if that makes sense)?

Thanks in advance.

...more questions to follow

Ask yourself why it's an advantage and how it got that way. Understanding the concept will go much further than getting a direct answer.

If you can solve that puzzle without getting too much help it will go a long way to being able to figure out other things you might find and perhaps pass up while waiting for answers.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 132
  • Posts: 17084
November 8th, 2019 at 5:58:08 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

If you're trying to vulture, then you only play the 5 credits per hand, "use" the multipliers.. and leave none for the next person who sits down to play.

ETA: It's possible that the answer is different for Ultimate X Bonus Streak.. but that's super complicated.

Boo!!
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 193
  • Posts: 7281
Thanks for this post from:
Forager
November 8th, 2019 at 6:11:27 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Question:

If I walk up and find a game that has the Ultimate X set up and ready to go on a the next hand, do I bet max (and pay extra) to try and trigger the Ultimate X multiplier on that hand for the next hand? Or do I just play that hand and not pay the extra to try and trigger it again (if that makes sense)?

Thanks in advance.

...more questions to follow

You should play max. The money is going to neg so might as well go for it.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
prozema
prozema
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 1152
November 8th, 2019 at 9:11:56 PM permalink
You take the sum of multipliers (including 1x) and multiply by the the return for the pay table and divide that by the number of 5 coin games you are paying for to calculate the EV. If you double the denominator to get the feature on the next hand, you effectively cut the RTP in half...

That's not completely true because you do get an EV bump from the feature, but it's close.
"A little luck never hurt any fisherman, that's all I know." - Sig Hansen
EVBandit
EVBandit
Joined: Nov 8, 2019
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1
November 8th, 2019 at 11:15:51 PM permalink
There are two ways to play UX with when vulturing or scavenging Xs: max ($ EV or % EV)

Max $ EV is bet 5 coins per line.

Max % EV is bet 1 coin per line that maximizes the IRR (internal rate of return). Suppose you see a 10-Play with a 2X on the 2nd line and a 3X on the 9th line. The play to max IRR is to play two lines at 1 coin each: (2X + 1X)/2 * payback vs (2X + 3X + 1X)/9 * payback.

Hope this helps and good luck.
teddys
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5442
November 11th, 2019 at 8:11:19 PM permalink
Quote: EVBandit

There are two ways to play UX with when vulturing or scavenging Xs: max ($ EV or % EV)

Max $ EV is bet 5 coins per line.

Max % EV is bet 1 coin per line that maximizes the IRR (internal rate of return). Suppose you see a 10-Play with a 2X on the 2nd line and a 3X on the 9th line. The play to max IRR is to play two lines at 1 coin each: (2X + 1X)/2 * payback vs (2X + 3X + 1X)/9 * payback.

Hope this helps and good luck.

This is true, and I don't disagree with this one bit. However, I always bet five. And I've hit two royals while vulturing: one at $0.10 and one at $1.00. Unfortunately, neither of them were multiplied...:(
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
prozema
prozema
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 1152
November 11th, 2019 at 8:20:36 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

This is true, and I don't disagree with this one bit. However, I always bet five. And I've hit two royals while vulturing: one at $0.10 and one at $1.00. Unfortunately, neither of them were multiplied...:(



I got one.

"A little luck never hurt any fisherman, that's all I know." - Sig Hansen

  • Jump to: