Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 118
  • Posts: 11743
May 16th, 2019 at 7:54:46 AM permalink
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is...even if not for the reason you think. (My mind immediately went to Class II game)
Vultures can't be choosers.
royal
royal
Joined: May 15, 2019
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 4
May 16th, 2019 at 12:12:29 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

The App shows Joker Poker single line Five Star Poker game with Double Super Times Pay. The option listed for 96.87% is 400/200/100/50/15/7/5/3/2/1/1. It doesn't define each level, but since it seems to match the paytable I"m guessing it's Jacks or Better.

I also have Gary's app, and I'll try and run it through that.



That is the standard paytable for Kings or better joker poker. Notice the 100 for 4oak vs. the 75 on the game we are discussing. That's also about the same ev as Kings of better without dstp. Fairly certain you're looking at a Kings or better game there, not jacks.

I'm going to go check this out again this weekend, I'll read through the help menu carefully, look at the paytables of other games on the same box, and compare to the machines around it. I'm also going to play 1000 hands and note the number of times each multiplier comes up. I realize that's a small sample size but I think it will at least give me an idea of whether it has the standard dstp average multiplier or if this is a borked version of the game. (Unless if I lose more than a few hundred $ within the first hour, then I'll probably give up )

Also to answer @RS question this is in a Indian casino, so It's basically a foreign land within the USA lol
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 5856
May 16th, 2019 at 12:58:32 PM permalink
Quote: royal

That is the standard paytable for Kings or better joker poker. Notice the 100 for 4oak vs. the 75 on the game we are discussing. That's also about the same ev as Kings of better without dstp. Fairly certain you're looking at a Kings or better game there, not jacks.

I'm going to go check this out again this weekend, I'll read through the help menu carefully, look at the paytables of other games on the same box, and compare to the machines around it. I'm also going to play 1000 hands and note the number of times each multiplier comes up. I realize that's a small sample size but I think it will at least give me an idea of whether it has the standard dstp average multiplier or if this is a borked version of the game. (Unless if I lose more than a few hundred $ within the first hour, then I'll probably give up )

Also to answer @RS question this is in a Indian casino, so It's basically a foreign land within the USA lol



It forces you to max bet to get the 4000 royal? Very strange because STP/DSTP has always let you bet 5 for the 4000 royal and not have the multipliers.

Also when you go back, you might want to read the help screen as that usually discusses the multiplier frequency and average multiplier.

I wonder if this was a big oversight.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
Joined: May 10, 2011
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 1720
May 16th, 2019 at 1:39:23 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

It forces you to max bet to get the 4000 royal? Very strange because STP/DSTP has always let you bet 5 for the 4000 royal and not have the multipliers.

Also when you go back, you might want to read the help screen as that usually discusses the multiplier frequency and average multiplier.

I wonder if this was a big oversight.



It seems like this one is offering a better base paytable and lower multipliers, which are a forced bet. It would be interesting to get the help screen info.
I heart Crystal Math.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 5856
May 18th, 2019 at 1:51:10 PM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

It seems like this one is offering a better base paytable and lower multipliers, which are a forced bet. It would be interesting to get the help screen info.



Yeah that's what I would recommend checking first. I would be surprised they designed a DSTP game this way though. People playing the game want the multipliers! Not a more liberal base paytable.

  • Jump to: