Poll

1 vote (14.28%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (28.57%)
5 votes (71.42%)

7 members have voted

darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 228
  • Posts: 6608
April 24th, 2019 at 2:21:34 PM permalink
Quote: Minty

You're right in that it wouldn't have been real lucrative, but it would have been justified in my opinion. Most conservative estimate would be that any money lost on the play would be made up for in free play, points and better offers (this particular casino is generous and I find that even one or two trips can make a significant mark on offers received) and a looser estimate would be it was worth $100 before those things. I'm sure I've waited for less trivial things in my life.



I know you wont understand but that answer makes me cringe
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
April 24th, 2019 at 2:25:46 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I know you wont understand but that answer makes me cringe



I should discuss it in great detail.😀
Minty
Minty
Joined: Jan 23, 2015
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 492
April 24th, 2019 at 2:50:45 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I know you wont understand but that answer makes me cringe



Are you telling me when you were less financially viable you wouldn't think about this? I'd like to hear your explanation, especially since there's a bit of condescension there. Between free play, offers, activity on the account that isn't restricted to BJ and a willingness to partake in plays of a smaller value since I'm not as well bankrolled as I've been previously (this is intentional I might add,) We could talk about the overhead of bus expenses and the folly of allowing five figures to be stolen from us too, but nobody is perfect.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 228
  • Posts: 6608
April 24th, 2019 at 2:59:50 PM permalink
Quote: Minty

Are you telling me when you were less financially viable you wouldn't think about this? I'd like to hear your explanation, especially since there's a bit of condescension there. Between free play, offers, activity on the account that isn't restricted to BJ and a willingness to partake in plays of a smaller value since I'm not as well bankrolled as I've been previously (this is intentional I might add,) We could talk about the overhead of bus expenses and the folly of allowing five figures to be stolen from us too, but nobody is perfect.



Lol. For those who do understand why I was cringing they understand that you really dont get why I was cringing

EDIT: bus expenses? I am certain its less than gas tolls car insurance and maintenance, car payments etc lol
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Minty
Minty
Joined: Jan 23, 2015
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 492
April 24th, 2019 at 3:05:59 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Lol. For those who do understand why I was cringing they understand that you really dont get why I was cringing

EDIT: bus expenses? I am certain its less than gas tolls car insurance and maintenance lol



I've been fortunate to not have to deal with tolls, my insurance is relatively cheap in that I pay six months at a time. You may have a point about the maintenance though, that does add up! Haha. I apologize for my snarkiness, but there are few things I dislike more than feeling oblivious to jokes made at my expense. I think I see your angle now and understand.

I would think if nothing else relying on public transportation could put a wrench in your plans when it comes to some promos and overall convenience, but I'm not as familiar with it as you, so there's that.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 228
  • Posts: 6608
Thanks for this post from:
Minty
April 24th, 2019 at 3:34:21 PM permalink
Quote: Minty

I've been fortunate to not have to deal with tolls, my insurance is relatively cheap in that I pay six months at a time. You may have a point about the maintenance though, that does add up! Haha. I apologize for my snarkiness, but there are few things I dislike more than feeling oblivious to jokes made at my expense. I think I see your angle now and understand.

I would think if nothing else relying on public transportation could put a wrench in your plans when it comes to some promos and overall convenience, but I'm not as familiar with it as you, so there's that.



Apology accepted

I can get snarky too

Welcome to life at WOV
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 549
Thanks for this post from:
Minty
April 24th, 2019 at 3:43:26 PM permalink
There is a lot to be said for a blackjack player who is feeling some heat or worried about heat to have some slot play on their account. It is one of the ways to buy a little bit more longevity. Having that be on a +EV play makes it even more appealing.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 2189
Thanks for this post from:
Minty
April 24th, 2019 at 3:55:21 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

There is a lot to be said for a blackjack player who is feeling some heat or worried about heat to have some slot play on their account. It is one of the ways to buy a little bit more longevity. Having that be on a +EV play makes it even more appealing.



Good point. IMO “a little bit” is a key word there since slots and tables are run like two separate casinos most places. More than that though, at some places, it can turn what would otherwise would be a trespass into a simple backoff. I’ve seen a dealer corrected in front of me, and hearing the boss say to pc something like “he’s a big slot player” at a place associates were trespassed when returning after a play.

OTOH, playing the tables rated can potentially toast a card you’re getting value from machines on where the cash value of your table comps is next to zero, or trash your ADT if not also playing close to normal slot play that day.
Last edited by: mcallister3200 on Apr 24, 2019
Minty
Minty
Joined: Jan 23, 2015
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 492
April 24th, 2019 at 4:05:02 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Apology accepted

I can get snarky too

Welcome to life at WOV



Now if only the apologies we're as common as the arguments! Hahaha.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 549
April 24th, 2019 at 4:38:02 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Good point. IMO “a little bit” is a key word there since slots and tables are run like two separate casinos most places. More than that though, at some places, it can turn what would otherwise would be a trespass into a simple backoff.

OTOH, playing the tables rated can toast a card you’re getting value from machines on where the cash value of your table comps is next to zero.



If I am running down a possible advantage player, one of the first things I will do is look up their previous play. A significant amount of slot play (or play on other games) may even have me stop my assessment before it begins.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies

  • Jump to: