KevinAA
KevinAA
Joined: Jul 6, 2017
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 280
January 3rd, 2019 at 6:04:02 PM permalink
I vulture UX at my local casino all the time. But it gets tiring going through game after game after game to find the occasional game with a single 2x multiplier.

So I was wondering -- is it possible to have a player's advantage if I play 10 credits until I get I screen full of multipliers, then drop the bet to 5, take the win, and cash out?
cmlotito
cmlotito
Joined: Jun 3, 2013
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 352
Thanks for this post from:
Boz
January 3rd, 2019 at 6:09:09 PM permalink
Quote: KevinAA

I vulture UX at my local casino all the time. But it gets tiring going through game after game after game to find the occasional game with a single 2x multiplier.

So I was wondering -- is it possible to have a player's advantage if I play 10 credits until I get I screen full of multipliers, then drop the bet to 5, take the win, and cash out?



Only if you knew you would get enough multipliers from the 1 play at 10 coins to make up for the bad return. But there is no way of knowing ahead of time so I say no.
TomG
TomG
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 2259
January 3rd, 2019 at 7:11:06 PM permalink
Yes. Depends on the pay table.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
January 4th, 2019 at 12:40:31 PM permalink
Quote: KevinAA

I vulture UX at my local casino all the time. But it gets tiring going through game after game after game to find the occasional game with a single 2x multiplier.

So I was wondering -- is it possible to have a player's advantage if I play 10 credits until I get I screen full of multipliers, then drop the bet to 5, take the win, and cash out?



Think of it this way. You are paying double for a game. If you are playing 10 play and you start with no multipliers you are playing a 47% game. In order to make up for that game you need to
Have at least 20x in multipliers combined. So if you play 2 games, 1 at full price and 1 at 5 coins, that 5 coin better have at least 24x in multipliers to barely break even.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
KevinAA
KevinAA
Joined: Jul 6, 2017
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 280
January 4th, 2019 at 1:41:24 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Think of it this way. You are paying double for a game. If you are playing 10 play and you start with no multipliers you are playing a 47% game. In order to make up for that game you need to
Have at least 20x in multipliers combined. So if you play 2 games, 1 at full price and 1 at 5 coins, that 5 coin better have at least 24x in multipliers to barely break even.



What I was thinking was that, yes, the first hand costs twice as much, but after that, it should be fairly close to 100%. Then when I happen to get a screen full of multipliers (say, 4x or better), then bet 5, win, and cash out. Yes, the last bet could be garbage, but when you have a screen full of 4x multipliers with bet 5, your expected value is just under 4x the bet.

I guess the problem is that it could take too long to reach that point where I get a screen full of multipliers and then the win on bet 5 isn't enough to make up the losses. The question is -- is that just bad luck in a player's advantage, or is it really not a player's advantage to play this game at all starting with bet 10?

I tried this method once on videopoker.com and it worked but I don't have time to do that thousands of times to get enough data and I don't have time to try to simulate this, which of course would be more accurate.

When I look at the games on UX, most of them have a handful of multipliers that were used on the last hand. Clearly most people know how to play this game and make their last hand bet 5. Occasionally I see someone was a dumbass and bet 1 on less than all hands and didn't get to use a multiplier that was sitting on a later hand (presumably kept on playing until not enough money left to bet 5 on all hands).

Then there's a few times where I see a game with no cards displayed at all. How is that possible, to bet on zero hands?

Thanks!
dvgg
dvgg
Joined: Feb 5, 2019
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1
Thanks for this post from:
Foragertringlomane
February 5th, 2019 at 1:12:21 AM permalink
Quote: KevinAA


Then there's a few times where I see a game with no cards displayed at all. How is that possible, to bet on zero hands?



This is a fairly easy screen to manufacture yourself. After a hand is over, you can click the button for "bet one credit" and it will reset the screen to show only face down cards. You don't have to actually bet anything, but just changing the amount of credits bet will reset the screen.

  • Jump to: