2 votes (13.33%)
10 votes (66.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 122
February 4th, 2015 at 2:45:50 PM permalink
I agree with TriathlonTodd. For example, in the case where I suggested that you would toss a Wild Royal Flush with a single Deuce, (even if that Deuce was naturally suited for the Flush on BPDx) you're making the best decision overall, and you're making the best decision for BPDx, but you're making a bad decision in the context of Deuces Wild only.
Vultures can't be choosers.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
February 4th, 2015 at 4:01:56 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I agree with TriathlonTodd. For example, in the case where I suggested that you would toss a Wild Royal Flush with a single Deuce, (even if that Deuce was naturally suited for the Flush on BPDx) you're making the best decision overall, and you're making the best decision for BPDx, but you're making a bad decision in the context of Deuces Wild only.

This is also why the paytables of these games are juiced up. You're not going to be making the optimal hold for both games very often (most hands with 2s in them is a big example).
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 122
February 4th, 2015 at 8:33:25 PM permalink
That's something that I noticed, as well. It seems that the proper DW hold is usually what goes with one Deuce as well as with Two Deuces. For example, you would no longer break up AA22X on DDB & DW, you'd keep all three cards. With two Deuces, you'd also keep an AAA22 FH together, and the decision is not close.

On second thought, I can't imagine why anyone would want to play this. The sub-optimal plays on anything other than the DW game would crush the player.
Vultures can't be choosers.

• Jump to: