AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 19526
November 22nd, 2014 at 8:11:44 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I would be really annoyed with hand pays under the $1200 tax limit. Seems like an excuse for a person to stick their hand out wanting a tip when it's unnecessary.

Do they come with W2G's as well, or just the hand pay? I try not to generate WG2's unnecessarily. Just today my partner hit a straight flush at a $5 machine generating a hand pay and WG2, while he was SUPPOSSED to be playing free play through at $1, which would only generate handpay/WG2 when hitting a Royal. I was furious. He's about to get his ass fired. Lol

Furious...WHY? I thought you mentioned you didn't tip on HP's and it's not BJ related.


If you are filling taxes properly anyway, W2Gs shouldn't matter. His denomination really shouldn't matter other than unnecessary fluctuation (in this case it was positive).
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
Joined: Dec 8, 2013
  • Threads: 134
  • Posts: 2172
November 22nd, 2014 at 9:34:11 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I would be really annoyed with hand pays under the $1200 tax limit. Seems like an excuse for a person to stick their hand out wanting a tip when it's unnecessary.

Do they come with W2G's as well, or just the hand pay? I try not to generate WG2's unnecessarily. Just today my partner hit a straight flush at a $5 machine generating a hand pay and WG2, while he was SUPPOSSED to be playing free play through at $1, which would only generate handpay/WG2 when hitting a Royal. I was furious. He's about to get his ass fired. Lol



I'll take the $1,250 and the W-2G! (But I wouldn't go gunning for it.)
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 4358
November 22nd, 2014 at 11:38:27 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Furious...WHY? I thought you mentioned you didn't tip on HP's and it's not BJ related.


If you are filling taxes properly anyway, W2Gs shouldn't matter. His denomination really shouldn't matter other than unnecessary fluctuation (in this case it was positive).



I don't think I said that I don't tip on handpays, because I do tip on handpays. I don't like doing so. I would prefer not to, but I can't take it out on the handpay folks who are doing there job as required by law, so I tip a small amount between .5 and 1%. I only tip $20 on a $4000 which is .5%. I am sorry but the work is the same for the person, gathering ID and getting tax form and paying whether jackpot is $1200 or $4000, why should the tip be different? But I am not about to tip for handpays that are not required by law and just the decision of the casino. :(

I do pay my taxes and you are correct that technically it doesn't matter, but I prefer to generate less paperwork not more. Keep it as simple as possible for the tax guy. Why give him extra paperwork to jack up his bill for services. :) I also prefer to draw as little attention as possible and generating paperwork that just isn't needed flies against that principal.

There is also additional security risks involved. Once at Jerry's Nugget, I literally waited 30 minutes for my handpay, all the time, sitting there with a machine with that corny 'jackpot music playing' and flashing to the world (and all the Jerry's Nugget lowlifes), that I had just won $4000. I don't need that hassle. There is also the possibility of some rouge employee notifying his or her accomplice of your home address, so they can come rob you of those fresh winnings. Remote possibility...yes, but I don't need any extra unnecessary risk, thank you. Lastly, I myself, don't like standing around waiting for the attendant to bring tax form and ID.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
Joined: Dec 8, 2013
  • Threads: 134
  • Posts: 2172
November 22nd, 2014 at 2:00:48 PM permalink
I think I saw a $500 VP machine at Aria. Imagine playing for $2,500 a hand and a $2,000,000 jackpot. (Wouldn't tip more than 1K. What would be kind of fun is to get 40 $25 chips and just start handing them out to all the employees in every department. Probably not much fun for the slot attendant though. Of course, once the story got around that I'd won $2,000,000 the magic of the $25 tips all around would be a big thud. Never mind.)
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 322
  • Posts: 7044
November 22nd, 2014 at 2:10:44 PM permalink
Here is a nice hit on a $5000.00 slot at Aria.

Luck happens
"What, me worry?"
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 77
  • Posts: 7578
November 22nd, 2014 at 3:12:14 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Here is a nice hit on a $5000.00 slot at Aria.

Luck happens



The fool only played one coin. Just think if he had it loaded. Lol
Order from chaos
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
November 22nd, 2014 at 3:57:18 PM permalink
I don't think you can play more than 1 coin on the super-high denom slots, although I may be mistaken.


For the high denom video poker machines, from what I noticed, whenever a $1200+ payout, the machine would temporarily lock up, the player would type something into screen (likely their card pin #, Social Security #, and probably an "I agree to pay blah blah blah" [like a signature] button)....then keep playing. No slot attendant needed. I assume this is something that must be setup on a machine / player's account prior to play. I assume at the end of the session, the player would request a totalled W2G that would have the sum of all the $1200+ hits they had. So instead of getting 50 W2G's for $1500-$10,000 each....the player would just have one super huge W2G for like $100,000.....or whatever the sum of all their W2G-triggered payouts were.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 19526
November 22nd, 2014 at 5:43:18 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I don't think you can play more than 1 coin on the super-high denom slots, although I may be mistaken.


For the high denom video poker machines, from what I noticed, whenever a $1200+ payout, the machine would temporarily lock up, the player would type something into screen (likely their card pin #, Social Security #, and probably an "I agree to pay blah blah blah" [like a signature] button)....then keep playing. No slot attendant needed. I assume this is something that must be setup on a machine / player's account prior to play. I assume at the end of the session, the player would request a totalled W2G that would have the sum of all the $1200+ hits they had. So instead of getting 50 W2G's for $1500-$10,000 each....the player would just have one super huge W2G for like $100,000.....or whatever the sum of all their W2G-triggered payouts were.

I think the 1coin thing was a joke.

They used to just deactivate the hand pay setting and sit behind you on a $100 VP with a clip board and tally up your 3 of a kinds or better while you cruised along.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪

  • Jump to: