Thread Rating:

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
September 20th, 2021 at 11:18:08 AM permalink

"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
terapined
terapined
September 21st, 2021 at 11:19:42 AM permalink
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 112
September 21st, 2021 at 2:56:40 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

• link to original post

Is that Portland? What is that chain and padlock for? Is that a homeless guy’s tent in a ‘good’ neighborhood?
    billryan
    billryan
    • Threads: 192
    September 21st, 2021 at 3:04:13 PM permalink
    That looks like more than one tent.
    terapined
    terapined
    September 21st, 2021 at 3:50:04 PM permalink
    Quote: SOOPOO

• link to original post

Is that Portland? What is that chain and padlock for? Is that a homeless guy’s tent in a ‘good’ neighborhood?
  • link to original post

The chain and padlock is to prevent a homeless tent
    Homeless are all over Portland, well, at least the areas I checked which were 21st and 23st and Pearl district and neighborhood around the Chinese Gardens.
    These are all buzzy neighborhoods typical of any city. Lots of fine dining restaurants expanding onto sidewalks and streets with shops. A real buzzy area with locals and tourists walking and coexisting with many homeless tents.
    terapined
    terapined
    September 21st, 2021 at 3:54:40 PM permalink
    Quote: billryan

That looks like more than one tent.

• link to original post

When I took the pic
    I wanted an angle clearly showing a pad locked sidewalk with homeless tents in the background
    Here is homeless in PDX cooking up a meal
    SOOPOO
    SOOPOO 
    • Threads: 112
    September 21st, 2021 at 4:58:58 PM permalink

• link to original post

• link to original post

Homeless are all over Portland, well, at least the areas I checked which were 21st and 23st and Pearl district and neighborhood around the Chinese Gardens.
    These are all buzzy neighborhoods typical of any city. Lots of fine dining restaurants expanding onto sidewalks and streets with shops. A real buzzy area with locals and tourists walking and coexisting with many homeless tents.
  • link to original post

I can’t imagine anyone is happy to ‘coexist’ with the homeless in your own neighborhood. If I had to walk by a homeless encampment to get to my apartment, I’d be moving ASAP.
    terapined
    terapined
    September 21st, 2021 at 5:06:03 PM permalink

• link to original post

• link to original post

• link to original post

I can’t imagine anyone is happy to ‘coexist’ with the homeless in your own neighborhood. If I had to walk by a homeless encampment to get to my apartment, I’d be moving ASAP.
  • link to original post

Thats you
    Some people have compassion for the less fortunate
    Housing prices are going insane in this country
    There are RVers here in the park with big rigs. Really didn't want to sell but the prices they are offered, hard to resist
    DRich
    DRich
    • Threads: 78
    September 21st, 2021 at 5:09:41 PM permalink

• link to original post

• link to original post

• link to original post

• link to original post

Would you really move as opposed to taking action to try to get rid of them?
    Order from chaos
    terapined
    terapined
    October 3rd, 2021 at 12:00:39 PM permalink
    Washed up trash on the Oregon coast
    The amount of trash in our Oceans are sick

• Jump to: