Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 271
November 27th, 2020 at 12:27:35 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Quote: darkoz

For those that doubt my claims here is the proof.

One hundred grand and it cost me only $1.

Will you trade ten of those for a slice of millionaire shortbread?

I'm game. The postage will probably cost more than the food
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 53
November 27th, 2020 at 12:47:12 PM permalink

Pah! typical WOV response. Adding conditions: Changing the terms of the deal. If you want to see that I can afford millionaires shortbread, you have to fly over here, put your 10 x hundred grand in escrow. $:o)
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
darkoz
darkoz
November 27th, 2020 at 12:53:31 PM permalink

Pah! typical WOV response. Adding conditions: Changing the terms of the deal. If you want to see that I can afford millionaires shortbread, you have to fly over here, put your 10 x hundred grand in escrow. $:o)

You have Lion Bars or Mint Aero Bars over there?

They taste better than hundred grands anyway
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 217
November 27th, 2020 at 2:46:35 PM permalink
I recently had a mini hundred grand bar and it seemed very different from the $100,000 Bars of my childhood. It reminded me of some other candy bar that I can't quite place.
Does anyone remember the M&M seven layer bars? They were my favorite but didn't last very long.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 35
November 28th, 2020 at 6:31:14 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I recently had a mini hundred grand bar and it seemed very different from the $100,000 Bars of my childhood.

I also thought something changed (quality- or taste-wise) when the "$100,000 Bar" became the "100 Grand Bar." Although, I haven't had either one in ages.

But with all this talk, I kinda want one now!

Quote:

Does anyone remember the M&M seven layer bars?

I thought you might be talking about the Whatchamacallit, but they are made by Hershey, plus I think they were 5-layers, not 7. So, to answer your question, I guess I don't remember them.

Quote:

They were my favorite but didn't last very long.

You'd be surprised (at least I was) how many candy bars I thought were long gone are still actually being made. Some candy shops (usually in touristy locations) have stuff I haven't seen since I was a kid.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
darkoz
darkoz
November 28th, 2020 at 6:57:38 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I also thought something changed (quality- or taste-wise) when the "$100,000 Bar" became the "100 Grand Bar." Although, I haven't had either one in ages.

I thought you might be talking about the Whatchamacallit, but they are made by Hershey, plus I think they were 5-layers, not 7. So, to answer your question, I guess I don't remember them.

You'd be surprised (at least I was) how many candy bars I thought were long gone are still actually being made. Some candy shops (usually in touristy locations) have stuff I haven't seen since I was a kid.

It's like that with the Zagnut bar
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 205
November 28th, 2020 at 11:20:38 AM permalink

please stop
when it comes to chocolate I'm an elitist
do you have any idea how much better this is than the candy you're posting about?

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
darkoz
darkoz
November 28th, 2020 at 11:27:27 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

please stop
do you have any idea how much better this is than the candy you're posting about?

Give me a Zagnut or peppermint patty over that anyday.

But I am like that with most foods

I still purchase chef boyardee and spaghettios. Hmmmm mmmm good.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
November 28th, 2020 at 11:31:59 AM permalink

please stop

I donít consider someone that prefers milk to dark chocolate a chocolate elitist.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
darkoz
darkoz
November 28th, 2020 at 11:50:25 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

please stop

I donít consider someone that prefers milk to dark chocolate a chocolate elitist.

I never purchased chocolate to be elitist. I just buy what my taste buds say is scrumdiddlyumptious

I don't even want to know what you think of chocolate Whoppers (a chocolate even I recognize as low on the totem pole)

• Jump to: