Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 33
June 4th, 2018 at 8:17:14 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

There was such a case on the People's Court a long time ago, back when Wapner was the judge. Somebody returned a bottle of soda to a convenience store because it was allegedly flat. The store owner refused so a lawsuit ensued. The owner complained how people try to cheat him all day long, that he didn't see the customer open the soda, and implied the soda he was returning wasn't his. Both parties were standing on principle and seemed to take it very seriously. In the end, I don't remember who won.

This goes to show the kind of thing that sticks in my brain.

I think I saw that episode! But I thought it was a can of beer that was allegedly flat. Maybe there were 2 similar episodes. What stuck in my brain was that the plaintiff was suing for $0.75! I remember thinking, "Who would go to court over 75 cents?" But like you said, it's the principle.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1210
June 4th, 2018 at 9:18:35 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I think I saw that episode! But I thought it was a can of beer that was allegedly flat. Maybe there were 2 similar episodes. What stuck in my brain was that the plaintiff was suing for $0.75! I remember thinking, "Who would go to court over 75 cents?" But like you said, it's the principle.

What are the odds?! Now that you mention it, I do think it was a can of beer, not soda.

Still not the smallest case I've seen on that show. There was another I recall against a pet store that sold somebody a goldfish that quickly died. I think the amount in contest was 25 cents.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 29
June 4th, 2018 at 3:32:00 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

That's odd. They always chase me out when I try to do that.

Right, they do because they have to, they have mass amounts of people who try...... And, if they did not crack down on and trespass people, it would get even worse.
"Whatever is my right as a man is also the right of another; and it becomes my duty to guarantee as well as to possess. -Thomas Paine

• Jump to: