Poll

9 votes (39.13%)
14 votes (60.86%)

23 members have voted

Lovecomps
Lovecomps
  • Threads: 79
September 20th, 2020 at 11:17:56 AM permalink
Somehow, somewhere, someone will find a way to use them to their advantage (maybe use a reflection to catch a hole care) or outright cheat. After then pandemic fades that will be the end of them.
The best things in life are not free.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 266
September 20th, 2020 at 12:33:15 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

The whole thing looks like a visit to county jail or stopping to a bodega in the bad part of town. Who on earth wants to be in a place like that?

You never used a bank?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 229
September 21st, 2020 at 4:36:41 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

You never used a bank?

My bank does not have bulletproof glass like that. I avoid banks that are like that. Heck, my credit union is wide open, tellers at a sort of high desk not a traditional teller station.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
September 21st, 2020 at 4:56:07 AM permalink

My bank does not have bulletproof glass like that. I avoid banks that are like that. Heck, my credit union is wide open, tellers at a sort of high desk not a traditional teller station.

Deleted
Last edited by: darkoz on Sep 21, 2020
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 79
September 21st, 2020 at 8:51:01 AM permalink

One of the banks I use just installed a double set of electronic doors so they can control egress and ingress. Only one person can enter at a time through the outside door, they then lock that door and unlock the interior door.
Order from chaos
darkoz
darkoz
September 21st, 2020 at 10:01:06 AM permalink

I'm curious because I choose my shopping, dining and banking based on the quality of their service, not their security measures.

If I go to KFC, does their chicken at that location taste good, were workers amenable. Never occurred to me to turn down a places services because they have shields to protect from crime.

Is this kind of an America Free type of thing? Free not to wear masks, free to open in a pandemic, free to be wide open to theft and criminality?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 21st, 2020 at 11:09:23 AM permalink

I'm curious because I choose my shopping, dining and banking based on the quality of their service, not their security measures.

If I go to KFC, does their chicken at that location taste good, were workers amenable. Never occurred to me to turn down a places services because they have shields to protect from crime.

Places with extreme security measures feel unsafe and often are unsafe. I do not want to walk into or out of a bank with a wad of bills if there is such a chance of robbery that they need to have thick glass between me and the tellers. A fast food place like that is usually a mess and has bums bothering the legit diners.

Quote:

Is this kind of an America Free type of thing? Free not to wear masks, free to open in a pandemic, free to be wide open to theft and criminality?

Should not have to wear masks and should be allowed to open up. As to security you do what the neighborhood requires. I am sure a place on Staten Island does not need the same security that a place in Queens or the Bronx needs. A place in White Plains needs even less security.

Perfect example is one of the McDonald's in downtown Pittsburgh. Signs all over saying "20 minute table limit." I have been there when the manager had to come out and roust people who were loitering. Out in the suburbs MCD stores allow if not encourage seniors to hang out during the breakfast hours. You customize to the market and the situation.
darkoz
darkoz
September 21st, 2020 at 11:22:24 AM permalink

Places with extreme security measures feel unsafe and often are unsafe. I do not want to walk into or out of a bank with a wad of bills if there is such a chance of robbery that they need to have thick glass between me and the tellers. A fast food place like that is usually a mess and has bums bothering the legit diners.

Should not have to wear masks and should be allowed to open up. As to security you do what the neighborhood requires. I am sure a place on Staten Island does not need the same security that a place in Queens or the Bronx needs. A place in White Plains needs even less security.

Perfect example is one of the McDonald's in downtown Pittsburgh. Signs all over saying "20 minute table limit." I have been there when the manager had to come out and roust people who were loitering. Out in the suburbs MCD stores allow if not encourage seniors to hang out during the breakfast hours. You customize to the market and the situation.

Sounds like the senior citizens were just being allowed to loiter. I hope if some young black youths did the same thing in that McDonald's they would not be rousted
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 21st, 2020 at 11:35:09 AM permalink

Sounds like the senior citizens were just being allowed to loiter. I hope if some young black youths did the same thing in that McDonald's they would not be rousted

The loitering problem in town was usually black yutes. ("Young Youths" is a redundant term.)

Seniors would be rousted there too, except they would not be at a store in the middle of downtown.

If the black yutes were out in the suburbs I imagine it would matter how they were behaving, if they were loud and bothering people I would expect them to be booted.
darkoz
darkoz
September 21st, 2020 at 11:42:41 AM permalink

The loitering problem in town was usually black yutes. ("Young Youths" is a redundant term.)

Seniors would be rousted there too, except they would not be at a store in the middle of downtown.

If the black yutes were out in the suburbs I imagine it would matter how they were behaving, if they were loud and bothering people I would expect them to be booted.

I would hope if the seniors were rowdy they would get booted too

• Jump to: