MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 36
September 12th, 2019 at 12:23:04 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I used to talk my wife through my programming problems and she had zero clue about any technology. It usually worked because it made me explain the problem in different ways which would help me realize the problem.

I can't count the number of times I've had that same experience! She'll sit there without saying anything while I explain how I'm stuck, then because of the way I'm explaining it I'll realize the answer. I always thank her for helping, but she says, "I didn't do anything!" But really, without her there to listen, I wouldn't have figured it out.

She's also great for troubleshooting interfaces, finding problems that regular users would have that wouldn't have occurred to me.
Dobrij
Dobrij
  • Threads: 13
September 12th, 2019 at 2:00:42 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I used to talk my wife through my programming problems and she had zero clue about any technology. It usually worked because it made me explain the problem in different ways which would help me realize the problem.

Therefore, God created languages so people can communicate

: )
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 36
September 12th, 2019 at 5:06:12 PM permalink
In other news, she just outdid me on a practical math problem. Ugh.

On the one hand, it's handy being married to someone smarter than me, because we wind up making better plans/decisions. On the other hand, it's a bit trying getting constant reminders that my problem-solving ability is poor.

• Jump to: