HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
August 16th, 2018 at 3:12:07 PM permalink
If I bet $5 on the Ante and bet $5 on the "Flush" bonus and only $1 on the "Straight Flush" bonus, how does that change the element of risk? Want to know if it's worth it to play some of them for fun. I know the EOR on just the ante alone is just over 1.5%.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
August 16th, 2018 at 3:19:23 PM permalink
...also if I choose to "splurge" even further and bet $5 on the "Straight Flush" bonus instead what would the EOR be then?
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
Jmarch79
August 16th, 2018 at 3:55:45 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

...also if I choose to "splurge" even further and bet $5 on the "Straight Flush" bonus instead what would the EOR be then?

The EOR is different for each bet on High Card Flush. (That's the game you're talking about, right?)

In both side bets, the EOR is equal to the HE, because you wager a single amount, and then you win or lose. Each of the flush and straight flush has its own HE. No correlation to the other bets.

The amount of the bet doesn't change either the HE or the EOR.

In the base bet, you do place a 2nd bet equal to the first, except when you fold, or when you have a 5 or more card flush. So the EOR is lower than the listed HE, because the HE uses only the ante amount to arrive at a number. However, the amount you bet does not change the HE or EOR.

You affect the HE and EOR adversely if you don't play optimal strategy. They are calculated on the best possible choice for all hands. But you really can't improve them by better play. Only maybe if you see a dealers hole card, but I think even that doesn't help.much. it would only affect you if it was higher than any in your hand AND it was their best and qualifying suit.

Maybe then you would fold an otherwise marginal hand.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: