MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
  • Threads: 13
October 2nd, 2012 at 5:19:56 AM permalink
Quote: Crushed

"And you're supposing he's going to read this thread that he started over 2 years ago, and hadn't had a post in over a year, scroll to the end and see that you were addressing him. Right."

Yes, I figure this forum may have some kind of feature that flags up recent posts. If not its worth a try as it will increase my odds over not doing so!

Yeah, it might have such a feature. You're kinda new to forums, aren't you?

"For the same reason you'd write publicly to someone you didn't know, but with highly increased odds of them actually seeing it."

Again yes, we who speak english call it an "open letter", even though addressed to someone specific. One last time, I am trying to be respectful in any sense possible on an open forum. A reply of any sort is welcome, be it an open post or PM is not really something I see as my choice is it. Unless invited to respond by one of these mediums I will show respect and not bother, Keyser again!

You used the word "again" twice in that paragraph to refer to things that we haven't previously discussed. I feel a Princess Bride quote coming on...

"Actually, you might want to peruse the forum rules. Statements like:

- you are really just making your level of intelligence seem lower than the house edge
and
- Nice deductive work sherlock!

Are personal insults/attacks, which are not allowed."

I am not attacking you, simply reading your posts and just stating what maybe fact and as such stand by my comments!

Keep at it and you may find yourself standing by your comments unable to comment further. The moderators here make the final call on what is or isn't a personal attack. Again, you may want to give the forum rules a closer look as you appear to me to be teetering on the edge of the suspension abyss.

""I have reread my posts in the absence of some cohesion but they make perfect sense."

I can't even make heads or tails of that sentence."

That is your whole problem and not the first time if you are honest is it! The kind of folk I talk with would not even question that sentence!

I hesitate to speculate as to who those people might be or where they might reside.

And as such, Monkey you bore me now.

Does that mean you're not going to respond to me again again? (or is that again again again?)

Have a good if day even if not a productive one.

Oh, I see what you did there. Clever, very clever. You assembled a sentence that made sense AND was insulting. Nice.

Say, what was your question anyway? I know this will be the fourth time I've asked, but surely your will to remain obtuse must be weakening.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
October 2nd, 2012 at 12:03:46 PM permalink
What is this even about, I can't make heads or tails
out of it. Crushed's writing style reminds me of the
people in India I have to speak with when I have
credit card questions. After 5min I want to kill myself
or have a strong drink of 150 proof rum.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Crushed
Crushed
  • Threads: 0
October 3rd, 2012 at 1:54:52 AM permalink
Hello, Even bob.
I have the same problem with the phone centres in india. If you are from england then we can have many differences in dialect, especially if you take the entire british isles into account which naturally adds confusion, thats before we even take into account other english speaking nations. I appreciate my writing maybe harder for some to understand than talking where misunderstandings can be addressed but its likely down to dialect than not making sense.

Anyway I think its best to wait for people who can understand my english and more importantly, question. You are correct in the way the posts with, Monkey are not only of topic but a waste of energy and pointless and as such will not be carried on.

Many regards
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
October 3rd, 2012 at 11:44:57 AM permalink

Hello, Even bob.
I have the same problem with the phone centres in india. If you are from england then we can have many differences in dialect, especially if you take the entire british isles into account which naturally adds confusion, thats before we even take into account other english speaking nations. I appreciate my writing maybe harder for some to understand than talking where misunderstandings can be addressed but its likely down to dialect than not making sense.

Which part of the UK are you from?

I don't think this is a dialect problem, though... it tends to be talking that causes more confusion than the written word.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Crushed
Crushed
  • Threads: 0
October 3rd, 2012 at 3:35:06 PM permalink
Down south. My regards with the dialect, say I read shakespear it can be confusing (not dialect I agree), not from incorrect english of course but that it takes a little more to digest, in many ways showing my lack of knowledge with regards origins of my native tongue and how it has evolved. With words having different meaning in say british english when compared to american english sometimes things become a chinese whisper or misunderstood maybe. On many occasion I have had to resort to nodding my head with a mancunian in full flow and would have rather desired they sent a letter lol. But then again I see that as my failing for lack of desire to fully understand them not vice versa.

Hello, thecesspit. Appreciate your view and believe you maybe right.
CLOUDW4LKER
CLOUDW4LKER
  • Threads: 3
February 5th, 2013 at 6:59:11 AM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Some roulette facts..

1. If a number has hit within the last five spins, it really is slightly more likely to hit on the next spin.

-Keyser

Hello Keyser,

sorry about that but you can't call it "facts" and then come up with this, sorry: bullshit!

It is just not true. And you should know, if you are, as I read within the first 5 minutes on this forum, the "expert" on roulette.
I have not yet read the thread to the end but there is no way you can correct this statement except you take it back :)

No offense. Nothing personal.
Keep the facts real though!
knowledge is power
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 209
February 5th, 2013 at 7:33:46 PM permalink
Where a wheel starts is the most likely place it will ever land, so if the dealer always waited until he saw a specific number such as his dead love one's birthday, it could be possible. You would have to know that first though.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.

• Jump to: