2 votes (22.22%)
No votes (0%)

9 members have voted

SM777
SM777
  • Threads: 6
August 21st, 2016 at 8:57:05 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

So, if the up card is a six, for example, do they reveal the hole card only, or play out the whole dealer hand before the player acts?

If upcard is 6, dealer will reveal hole card and players will act. Dealer will not act until all player's are complete.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
August 21st, 2016 at 9:58:33 PM permalink
IMHO, 9 Card Fortune Flush has too high a Play rate 88%+ to even call that a decision point. Without a decision point this is a "get your cards and see if you hit the pay table" type game...I don't see it doing that well on trial, but I have been surprised before.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
August 21st, 2016 at 10:10:08 PM permalink
Quote: SM777

If upcard is 6, dealer will reveal hole card and players will act. Dealer will not act until all player's are complete.

Deal & Reveal BJ is a lot more interesting than 9CFF! Not sure if I like it more than Free Bet BJ [may depend on if DRBJ is 6:5 BJ, :-)].

It does have only partial Push 22 mechanism in play as opposed to it always being in play with FBBJ. Dealer is going to have to remember that, which in theory should be easy if they go to play their hand and both cards are already up, Push 22 is in effect.

However, I have to believe as a dealer, that is the hardest thing to remember. Also likely the most frequent mistake that is uncovered when a FBBJ isn't holding like it should.

That being said, only facing Push 22 when you have already received the advantage of seeing both dealer cards is a positive. Player startegy is going to change, I would think most of the changes will be intuitive...it will be interesting to see that chart.

Pot of Gold is a real good side bet for FBBJ...what if any unique side bets will Deal & Reveal have in play? I feel like BJ players that try/play BJ variants want bonus pays and/or side bets. I could be wrong.

• Jump to: