98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
July 24th, 2015 at 11:06:12 AM permalink
Its been a year of wonderful improvements and enlightenments by JB concerning PGP. Since last August I've been trying out a Universal Way, that allows anyone to play given all the comlicated House Ways. Nevada rules are different tthan E. Coast rules, and this Player way is a compromise. Its not the be-all end-all, just something for noobss to use and get their feet wet, without looking out of place rules-wise. The WoO site offers free practice, and I used that a lot. Sooo... here's the listing...

If the hand contains a [Straight, Flush, and/or Straight-Flush], play these 9 Rules;

...1.) Play best [choice] with a pair in front, else
...2.) Play as a Full House (see next Section), else
...3.) Play as Three Pairs (see next Section), else
...4.) Play as Two Pair (see next Section).

If Two Pair or better cannot play, then
...5.) Play [choice] wirh best Ace-high in front, else
...6.) Play [choice] with best face-card in front, if tied play the best [choice].

If a Jack or better cannot play in front, then
...7.) Play One Pair TT, 99, or 88 in back with Ace-King in front, else
...8.) Play Ace-Joker in back with King + best remainder in front, else
...9.) Play the best [choice] in back, remainders in front.

Otherwise, play all other hands by these 11 Rules below;

...1.) High Card (Pai Gow): Play the 2nd and 3rd highest ranks in front with all others in back,
......EXCEPT Ace-Face-Jack and Ace-Face-10 with 8 or less plays 2nd and 4th high in front.

...2.) One Pair: Play the Pair in back with best two remainders in front.

...3.) Two Pairs: Split = High Pair in back + Low Pair in front;
......a.) QQ-high, KK-high, or AA-high: Always split
......b.) J J-high plays Ace-10 or better in front, else split.
......c.) 88-high, 99-high and TT-high: Play Ace with best remainder in front, else split
......d.) 77-high or less: Play King or better with best remainder in front, else split.

...4.) Three Pairs: Play the highest Pair in front.

...5.) One Triple: Best two non-triples play in front, EXCEPT
......a.) AAA: Always split AA in back with Ace + best remainder in front.
......b.) KKK: Play J, Q, or Ace with best remainder in front, else split.

...6.) Full House or Two Triples: Play the low Triple in back, the remaining Pair in front.

...7.) Full House + Pair: Play Triple + low Pair in back with high Pair in front.

...8.) Quads: Split = Pair in back with Pair in front.
......a.) 9999 or better use Two Pairs rules above, else
......b.) 6666, 7777 and 8888 plays King or better with best remainder in front, else split
......c.) 5555 or less: DO NOT SPLIT, play best two remainders in front.

...9.) Quad + Pair: The Pair plays in front EXCEPT
......Split TTTT or better with 22 or 33, KKKK & AAAA includes 44.

..10.) Quad + Triple: Play the high Pair in front.

..11.) Five Aces: A Pair of Aces plays in front
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
Wulfgar1224
Wulfgar1224
  • Threads: 8
August 11th, 2015 at 8:49:43 AM permalink
Using that method, how would you play TTTKQ(Joker)A with no flush opportunity? A previous post asked about that hand and it wasn't clear to me from you method how that would be played. I was just curious.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
August 11th, 2015 at 8:54:38 AM permalink
Quote: Wulfgar1224

Using that method, how would you play TTTKQJ(Joker)A with no flush opportunity? A previous post asked about that hand and it wasn't clear to me from you method how that would be played. I was just curious.

Without looking and if I were dealt it right now, I'd go TT/straight. My thinking is that holding one each of A-J and 2 T's makes it more difficult to get a pair that high let alone two of them to have one in the low hand.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Wulfgar1224
Wulfgar1224
  • Threads: 8
August 11th, 2015 at 9:04:45 AM permalink
I appreciate you responding and I agree with that method. I corrected my post to reflect the proper hand since there were 8 cards in my original post. The correct hand is TTTKQ(Joker)A. Thanks aces.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
August 11th, 2015 at 9:11:11 AM permalink
You also said no flush was possible. In that case you're most likely holding at least one of each suit which makes it harder for the dealer/banker to get a flush of his own.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
August 11th, 2015 at 10:31:33 AM permalink
The wizard of Odds Mike Shackleford posted a Universal house way here.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
August 11th, 2015 at 2:13:21 PM permalink
Quote: Wulfgar1224

Using that method, how would you play TTTKQ(Joker)A with no flush opportunity? A previous post asked about that hand and it wasn't clear to me from you method how that would be played. I was just curious.

Since the hand contains a [Straight, Flush, or Straight-Flush] Rule one in that section applies

TT/Straight
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
  • Jump to: