FourFiveFace
FourFiveFace
  • Threads: 15
May 22nd, 2015 at 10:33:07 PM permalink
Forgot to mention this, but a few months ago, the dealer initially set her hand as A,2,3,4,5 (second-highest straight) with no top when the correct way was 2,3,4,5,6 with an Ace on top. One guy sitting at the table pointed out the error, so one of the pit bosses was called over. Even though the dealer knew she had made a mistake, her boss still insisted that the Ace on the bottom was the correct play. Another pit boss was called over and he instructed her to do it the other way, with the Ace on top.

As it turned out, the squealer would've won either way! Instead, the rest of us at the table lost instead of pushing. Now, I know deciding whether to correct dealers is a hot-button topic. But wouldn't you consider it to be out-of-bounds to comment on others' payouts? Personally if I were alone, I would've pointed out the error. But with other people involved in the hand, I chose to let it go.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
May 22nd, 2015 at 10:43:08 PM permalink
Personally if it's me and it doesn't affect my money, it's not my business. That being said, ethics are a personal issue and I don't think you should push your ethics on others, everyone should just do as they personally feel is right in that situation.
chaunceyb3
chaunceyb3
  • Threads: 22
May 22nd, 2015 at 11:45:33 PM permalink
Typical Asian gambler who felt the need to boast. "Hey, guys guys... Lookie here! AI YAH! LOOK! Watch this, when MY hand get turned over... It can beat whatever the dealer has, either way! I am the God of Gamblers!"
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
May 22nd, 2015 at 11:49:46 PM permalink
When I was a dealer I was told that if a floor catches a mistake its ok because it can be fixed there. If surveillance catches a mistake it causes issues involving reports etc... If you are honest and only want to take money or want to be in good faith and advise the dealer of their mistake because you care and are a decent human then good for you. If you want to take money that you do not earn or want to knowingly allow the dealer to risk getting in trouble then that may speak to the ethics and morals that you posses.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
May 23rd, 2015 at 3:08:04 AM permalink
when it affects the other players, gotta keep my mouth shut
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
PGBuster
PGBuster
  • Threads: 23
May 26th, 2015 at 12:20:03 PM permalink
Back when I was dealing in Iowa, we were told that gaming required us to speak up if we noticed an error like this or were overpaid on a hand. Not doing so put your license at risk.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
May 26th, 2015 at 12:30:53 PM permalink
I have no problems winning a bet where the house messed up. Many a time I've seen dealers pay on losing hands for someone else, and it's not my fight.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
May 26th, 2015 at 12:33:31 PM permalink
Quote: PGBuster

Back when I was dealing in Iowa, we were told that gaming required us to speak up if we noticed an error like this or were overpaid on a hand. Not doing so put your license at risk.

I can see this if you possess a gaming badge, but for your average patron, that's up to their sense of wrong and right. Personally, I don't speak up on anything that might take money out of another player's hand (be it legit or not), as long as it doesn't impact my payout, and cheating isn't involved.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
May 26th, 2015 at 3:45:46 PM permalink
Generally, I may speak up and mention that the correct thing to happen is based on the correct play of the cards.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
May 26th, 2015 at 4:23:38 PM permalink
I will only speak up if it is in my personal favor, if someone else gets burned by it then that sucks. If someone did what that person did, I would probably leave.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
May 26th, 2015 at 4:55:07 PM permalink
Would you leave if he spoke the other way, to get you paid when you were shortchanged by a mistake?
It doesn't matter which way the error is, game play should simply be clean and correct, and that should be fine with people. Sometimes it stinks playing by the rules of the game concerning what is correctly won and lost money, based on the actual hands, y'know, but that is one of the game play objectives.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
  • Jump to: