Thread Rating:

FCBLComish
FCBLComish
  • Threads: 1
April 6th, 2017 at 10:20:44 PM permalink
Good explanation.

The exception seems to be Ultimate Texas Hold'em. If the dealer does not qualify, the ante is a push, but the play bet is still in action and can win, lose, or push depending on who beats whom.

All the other games come out as 1/2 pay. UTH is at best 1/2 pay, and possibly less.
Wulfgar1224
Wulfgar1224
  • Threads: 5
April 16th, 2017 at 12:14:21 PM permalink
I am going to Vegas on a surprise trip in June and this is a game that I want to try. I understand the rules now and the strategy is simple with the KQ84.

I guess I am a rules stickler but I wanted to see if anyone knew how the rare hand scenario was resolved for the Super Bonus.

Let's say I have a 10 high and the dealer has a Queen high and I'm foolish enough to play. My understanding is that because of the half pay scenario as PGD described, that the play bet would win and the ante would push since the dealer didn't qualify. It isn't clear what happens to the Super bonus since the dealer would have beaten me and I had less than a straight. Do I lose the super bonus in that situation.

The wizardofodds site by rule 10 indicates that qualifying is only for the ante bet so both the Super bonus and play bets would lose according to his site. But, other sites seems to indicate different. Does anyone have any input in that? It would be much appreciated.

• Jump to: