Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 186
January 31st, 2011 at 1:09:10 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

My apologies, too. Especially for another thread where I went on and on about how I agonize when the Steelers play, and that crack about a cake-walk.

No problem, but really, don't sweat it! It was just something to talk about.

Me and Mrs were at the supermarket yesterday, I had my Steelers jacket on and I saw an older fella (in his 70s) with a nice Packers jacket, and we started joking, he said "good luck" and I said, "The same, as long as we make it through the game without a heart attack it's all good luck," and we both laughed and shook hands. So, I'm not sensitive about it, I've been living with it 20 years after all.
NO KILL I
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
January 31st, 2011 at 2:18:12 PM permalink
Thank you. My complaints just seem frivolous in comparison. My dad had a heart attack some 20 odd yearsa go. It was scary.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 179
January 31st, 2011 at 4:19:12 PM permalink
The worst thing I find is a combination of things coinciding. Illness, emotional stress, not avoiding enough high cholesterol and salty foods, and over exertion. Even when I was in my 20s I felt sometimes all the wrong things were conspiring to finish me (my own fault of course). You don't generally know your blood pressure is up either. Throw in too much caffeine just to top things off. I think I understand sometimes why some people who seem otherwise healthy the day before can drop dead. Fortunately, I gave up the cigarettes.

high cholesterol and salty foods= often the superbowl menu
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 186
January 31st, 2011 at 5:28:16 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

high cholesterol and salty foods= often the superbowl menu

Yeah, that's actually a big deal, too. We try to avoid overindulging, including alcohol; too much food draws blood to the digestive system. And if I drink more than one beer, my heart rhythm goes crazy.

Now, let it also be said that I don't take care of myself nearly as well as I should. But that's another story. And it's one that is part of why it's OK to make jokes about it. I get to choose.
NO KILL I
pokerface
pokerface
  • Threads: 12
February 5th, 2011 at 1:52:56 PM permalink
Quote: Croupier

or so says Discovery

OK, so I exagerrated.

I believe Super Bowl kills far more people than thru heart attack or junk food
winning streaks come and go, losing streak never ends.

• Jump to: