beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
Thanked by
Joeman
June 18th, 2024 at 4:51:55 AM permalink
Article explains well Florida gaming compact issues about sports betting.

https://www.newsweek.com/brett-kavanaugh-shut-down-justices-sports-gambling-case-1913723
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 61
June 18th, 2024 at 5:27:03 AM permalink
It is routine for the justices to decide if they want to hear a case. It takes four Justices to agree to hear a case. So big deal that Justice Kavanaugh thought that there was merit in hearing the case. It says nothing about how he would vote on a judgement, just that the case was worth hearing. It happens all the time that not all justices will agree or disagree to hear a case.

It does seem unusual that Florida has given a monopoly on sports betting to Native Americans.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 214
June 18th, 2024 at 6:30:54 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

It does seem unusual that Florida has given a monopoly on sports betting to Native Americans.
link to original post

Well, I for one would like government entities to consult with knowledgeable people (like the Wizard) before making gaming laws in general, just for starters. I believe it's just often treated without much thought. Which is why we end up with s*** gaming laws.

Just adding on, I've got nothing against the tribes. They got a good deal and they ran with it. I can't blame them for that. And they want to protect it.
Sanitized for Your Protection
  • Jump to: