mwalz9
mwalz9
Joined: Feb 7, 2012
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 526
October 13th, 2021 at 9:23:03 AM permalink
Quote: mwalz9

I played a $10 EXPERIENCED PLAYERS EXCLUDED 50/50 for the Braves/Brewers game today. Game starts at 5pm est.

The way this works is 20 players. $10 each. Top 10 players get $9 profit for $19 total. FanDuel keeps $10.

My lineup:

A. RILEY MVP X2 POINTS
C. YELICH STAR X1.5 PTS
A. GARCIA
J. SOLER
A. DUVALL

We shall see...
link to original post



Soler was a scratch when lineup cards were released. So I replaced him with Urias. I was cashing until Freddie Freeman hit his HR to won the game. Finished 12th! UGH!

Tonight I'm playing in a $3 entry hockey game. EXPREIENCED PLAYERS EXCLUDED. 185 ENTRIES. Gotta be at least 50th to cash at $6. $75 for 1st place. $500 in total prizes. This is the most research Ive done since I won a $5,000 golf tournament for a $9 entry fee a few years ago. I have a lot of middle level players with high potential. This is the most shark-ish Ive felt since that golf tournament.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 3259
October 13th, 2021 at 10:11:13 AM permalink
How do they define "experienced players"?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
mwalz9
mwalz9
Joined: Feb 7, 2012
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 526
October 13th, 2021 at 10:18:48 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

How do they define "experienced players"?
link to original post



Experienced player requirements:
More than 500 total contests entered, OR
$2,500 won across 6 or more contests


Highly Experienced player requirements:
More than 1,000 total contests entered, OR
$1,000+ won in 4 or more contests

These contest limit the sharks.
mwalz9
mwalz9
Joined: Feb 7, 2012
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 526
October 13th, 2021 at 9:56:06 PM permalink
Quote: mwalz9

Tonight I'm playing in a $3 entry hockey game. EXPREIENCED PLAYERS EXCLUDED. 185 ENTRIES. Gotta be at least 50th to cash at $6. $75 for 1st place. $500 in total prizes. This is the most research Ive done since I won a $5,000 golf tournament for a $9 entry fee a few years ago. I have a lot of middle level players with high potential. This is the most shark-ish Ive felt since that golf tournament.
link to original post



Good night! I cashed on my hockey contest finishing 41st out of 185 entries.

I also had $190 on Edmonton at -190 and they won in a shootout.

I'll take it.
redietz
redietz
Joined: Jun 5, 2019
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 767
October 14th, 2021 at 2:15:41 PM permalink
Excellent job. I wouldn't know who to take in hockey if I studied for a decade.

Mwalz, did you do anything single-game with the Bucs/Eagles? I have not yet. Looks hard to put together a squad. You have to use both QBs, I think, so salary cap is tight.

I have a small MNF/TNF full-roster team that is in roughly 1000th out of 6700 heading into tonight. I have the three Bucs receivers (Godwin, Evans, and Brown) and the TB defense. If that doesn't cash, I will be mightily disappointed.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
mwalz9
mwalz9
Joined: Feb 7, 2012
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 526
October 14th, 2021 at 6:48:07 PM permalink
Quote: redietz

Excellent job. I wouldn't know who to take in hockey if I studied for a decade.

Mwalz, did you do anything single-game with the Bucs/Eagles? I have not yet. Looks hard to put together a squad. You have to use both QBs, I think, so salary cap is tight.

I have a small MNF/TNF full-roster team that is in roughly 1000th out of 6700 heading into tonight. I have the three Bucs receivers (Godwin, Evans, and Brown) and the TB defense. If that doesn't cash, I will be mightily disappointed.
link to original post



I did. I have Brady, Hurts, Ertz, AB and Bernard.

Im currently cashing at halftime, and Bernard has 0. Fournette was the play so far. Hopefully I hold on.
redietz
redietz
Joined: Jun 5, 2019
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 767
October 14th, 2021 at 8:23:52 PM permalink
I am mightily disappointed. I missed by eight points, which is actually quite a lot, considering who I had. I finished 2600 out of 6700, so not that close to cashing at all.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
mwalz9
mwalz9
Joined: Feb 7, 2012
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 526
October 14th, 2021 at 8:31:29 PM permalink
Quote: redietz

I am mightily disappointed. I missed by eight points, which is actually quite a lot, considering who I had. I finished 2600 out of 6700, so not that close to cashing at all.
link to original post



I cashed barely. By .08 of a point. I finished 4,798th. 5001st and up got $6. $3 entry. 16,667 entries.

Here's a story from my contest that wouldve made me sick. Leader had Brady as his MVP. 2nd place had Brady as FLEX. Winner gets $4,000. 2nd place gets $1500. On final drive leader is leading second by .15 points. Brady takes the knees, the rushing yards come off. They count 1.5x for 1st place. Him and 2nd end up flip flopping because of the victory formation plays. $2500 swing. Id have been sick!
redietz
redietz
Joined: Jun 5, 2019
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 767
October 14th, 2021 at 8:53:14 PM permalink
That is horrific.

I did not play the single game. I just couldn't figure out what to do.

Congrats on cashing. I thought I had about a 60-70% chance of cashing heading into this game. No such luck.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."

  • Jump to: