Thread Rating:

TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
September 26th, 2021 at 1:19:40 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: TomG

Isn't this already available almost everywhere? Just put six bets on a ticket and round robin them by 5s. Small payout if five winners and much bigger payout if there are six.

I do not know that play, can you explain, por favor?

Pretty much exactly as I already said: put six bets on a ticket. If five of them win, get back a little; if six of them win, get back a lot. If they are all -110 lines and all six win, it pays back about 24.33 to 1. If five win, it pays back something like 3.33 to 1. Can be done with any number of bets over 3, with many different payout options, all based on odds bet and risk assumed. I'm sure an online search could provide better a lot more details.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 228
September 26th, 2021 at 1:37:10 PM permalink

Pretty much exactly as I already said: put six bets on a ticket. If five of them win, get back a little; if six of them win, get back a lot. If they are all -110 lines and all six win, it pays back about 24.33 to 1. If five win, it pays back something like 3.33 to 1. Can be done with any number of bets over 3, with many different payout options, all based on odds bet and risk assumed. I'm sure an online search could provide better a lot more details.

• link to original post

Hard to believe I have not seen or heard of such a thing. I gotta check this out.
    All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
    unJon
    unJon
    • Threads: 14
    September 26th, 2021 at 1:55:00 PM permalink

• link to original post

Hard to believe I have not seen or heard of such a thing. I gotta check this out.
  • link to original post

In other words, instead of making a 6 team parlay, you take the 6 teams and make six 5 team parlays out of them, one for each possible combination.
    The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
    AZDuffman
    AZDuffman
    September 26th, 2021 at 2:03:08 PM permalink
    Quote: unJon

• link to original post

• link to original post

In other words, instead of making a 6 team parlay, you take the 6 teams and make six 5 team parlays out of them, one for each possible combination.
  • link to original post

Oh, someone should have just said it that way in the first place lol.

I have already been doing forms of this in the first place. Thank you for showing I am the degenerate sports better I thought I was....
    ben771williams
    ben771williams
    • Threads: 1
    October 12th, 2021 at 3:53:54 AM permalink
    What's more important to me is that, JUVENTUS striker Cristiano Ronaldo has fallen to 50 million, that's how much he cost back at MU. Juventus striker Cristiano Ronaldo has fallen to 50 million euros, according to updated data The 36-year-old striker is leading the Serie A goalscoring race this season, but this did not help him avoid a drop in demand in the transfer market. Two years ago, the price for Ronaldo was 100 million euros. And we are still wondering where the country's budget has gone.
    AZDuffman
    AZDuffman
    November 9th, 2021 at 4:06:05 AM permalink
    This is not quite "news" but does not need a thread and does not fit General Sports Talk.

Has Wizard ever done an analysis of betting either side of a particular line?

Was listening to the Guessing Lines podcast and the guy who ran the book said 2.5 is an interesting line as it is a great one to take the underdog on. 2.5 clearly indicates fairly evenly matched teams and probably gives bookmakers headaches. But does any particular number shout "TAKE THE DOG" or "TAKE THE CHALK" mathematically?

• Jump to: