Thread Rating:

TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 29
September 1st, 2021 at 1:24:18 PM permalink
Never real gave any thought to Cam and have always hated the Pats. Nevertheless I enjoyed your blog post. You have an entertaining style of writing.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 79
Thanks for this post from:
Dieter
September 1st, 2021 at 1:57:14 PM permalink
Quote: TumblingBones

Never real gave any thought to Cam and have always hated the Pats. Nevertheless I enjoyed your blog post. You have an entertaining style of writing.

I have never had any passion for sports teams. I love sports and it consumes most of my free time, I just don't get loving and hating teams. I love sports, I will probably watch 10 games this weekend but I could care less who is playing. If you like football watch football. I don't care if Bishop Sycamore is playing or the Buffalo Bills. Football is Football, watch every second of it that you can.
Order from chaos
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
September 1st, 2021 at 2:32:22 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I would think the answer would be semi obvious: he probably simply enjoys writing. I donít enjoy making money. I certainly enjoy the freedom making some money provides.

You know, it is truly frightening if that actually went over Axel's head. He's gotta be pulling my leg. Jesus friggin' Christ. I was bragging about my friends? Axel, you might want to stop and think occasionally. Just a recommendation.

It was an opportunity for me to brag about my friends? LOL. Like I'm doing a knowing-a-cop brag? Holy Mother MaCree.

The point of the Fistful of Dollars reference was that the Clint character rides into town and all he cares about is making a fistful of dollars by setting the two gangs in town, who are also interested solely in fistfuls of dollars, against each other so he can reap the rewards. When Clint first enters the town, as the plot synopsis reads, everybody is either wealthy or dead. Your post "What's the point?" says your priorities are pretty much the same as the townsfolk and Clint. Except they had bullets.

You sound like one of those Ferengi from Star Trek. Maybe like a Ferengi who just got out of juvie.

You know what else is truly frightening? Axel's a lead WoV poster. God bless WoV.

And before I get some crap regarding insulting Axel, he insulted me twice before I wrote this. First, with his comment about what good is the blog if it doesn't make money. And second, when he can't get out of his own way and decided I was bragging about my friends.

Eat some blueberries, Axel. Rumor has it they boost IQ.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
September 1st, 2021 at 2:38:40 PM permalink
Quote: TumblingBones

Thanks. I appreciate that. In case anybody's wondering, I had between 1K and 2K on TCU. That team looked, as my girlfriend said, like ninjas on defense. I think they would have beaten Oregon. Not sure if they would have beaten Auburn, but I liked their chances.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."

• Jump to: