Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
February 3rd, 2020 at 12:46:01 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I'm feeling pretty confident about my answers on this, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

My entry:

Chiefs 31-18
Under 54.5
Total pts 49
6/10 prop questions right

Anybody do better?



49'ers 27
Chiefs 24
Total points: 51
7/10 props correct.

Edit: I also got the spread and O/U picks correct for Mission's game. The scores above were submitted for GWAE's contest, and aren't the same one's I submitted for Mission's.

Quote: GWAE

...
3. Scoring: Spread pick is worth 3 points, O/U is worth 3 points, each prop question is worth 2 points. The distance you are from the scores will be negative points. Each team will be done separately and the combined will be used as well. So in my 49-10 example above. If the Steelers win 55-0, I would lose 6 (55-49) points on the Steelers, 10 (0-10) points for the patriots, and 4 (59-55) points for the total. Your final score for this contest will be your total earned points - the score deduction. Highest score wins. ...



So for GWAE's game, I get:

Spread - 3 pts.
O/U - 3 pts.
Props - 7x2=14 pts
Total earned: 3+3+14 = 20
Deductions: KC (-7), SF (-7) = 14
My Final GWAE Contest Score: 6
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
February 3rd, 2020 at 2:08:14 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

49'ers 27
Chiefs 24
Total points: 51
7/10 props correct.

Edit: I also got the spread and O/U picks correct for Mission's game. The scores above were submitted for GWAE's contest, and aren't the same one's I submitted for Mission's.

Quote: GWAE

...
3. Scoring: Spread pick is worth 3 points, O/U is worth 3 points, each prop question is worth 2 points. The distance you are from the scores will be negative points. Each team will be done separately and the combined will be used as well. So in my 49-10 example above. If the Steelers win 55-0, I would lose 6 (55-49) points on the Steelers, 10 (0-10) points for the patriots, and 4 (59-55) points for the total. Your final score for this contest will be your total earned points - the score deduction. Highest score wins. ...



So for GWAE's game, I get:

Spread - 3 pts.
O/U - 3 pts.
Props - 7x2=14 pts
Total earned: 3+3+14 = 20
Deductions: KC (-7), SF (-7) = 14
My Final GWAE Contest Score: 6



I almost screwed up... but almost left it in there to see what it did to the game. Original rules I had 50 to winner and 50 to worst score. With the deduction someone could have said googleplex to googleplex to get the most deductions. Would have been interesting to see who went for some crazy number and who went for the high score. But decided it might make the game stupid.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
February 3rd, 2020 at 2:50:22 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I'm feeling pretty confident about my answers on this, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

My entry:

Chiefs 31-18
Under 54.5
Total pts 49
6/10 prop questions right

Anybody do better?



Those are pretty good.

Looks like scolist is my only competition for the bottom. Scolist what did you do for picks. I picked 49ers and under. Was 5/10 on props
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
EdCollins
EdCollins
Joined: Oct 21, 2011
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 1248
February 3rd, 2020 at 2:53:47 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba



So for GWAE's game, I get:

Spread - 3 pts.
O/U - 3 pts.
Props - 7x2=14 pts
Total earned: 3+3+14 = 20
Deductions: KC (-7), SF (-7) = 14
My Final GWAE Contest Score: 6



Shouldn't there be three deductions... one for KC, one for SF, and one for the total score? (Per the rules, as I understand them.)
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
February 3rd, 2020 at 3:09:28 PM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

Shouldn't there be three deductions... one for KC, one for SF, and one for the total score? (Per the rules, as I understand them.)



That is correct.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
Thanks for this post from:
EdCollins
February 3rd, 2020 at 3:26:18 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

That is correct.



I hit the total exactly. I should have noted the zero deduction to avoid confusion.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
scolist
scolist
Joined: Mar 16, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 53
February 3rd, 2020 at 9:53:25 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Those are pretty good.

Looks like scolist is my only competition for the bottom. Scolist what did you do for picks. I picked 49ers and under. Was 5/10 on props



I picked 49ers, and under. My final score I picked 49ers 33-Chiefs 30. Props are 3/10. But I would wait until the final results are posted because I may have screwed something up.
There's no way out of here When you come in You're in for good There was no promise made The part you played The chance...........you took
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
February 4th, 2020 at 4:22:48 AM permalink
Quote: scolist

I picked 49ers, and under. My final score I picked 49ers 33-Chiefs 30. Props are 3/10. But I would wait until the final results are posted because I may have screwed something up.



Scolist- I didnt do the math but I think we might have tied for last (unless someone comes out of nowhere) If we tied would you like to split the last place prize $50 each or leave it to the tie breaker. I can honestly say I have no idea how the tie breaker works for last and I have no idea what teams I sent to Mission on the first week. Either way is fine with me, let me know.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 123
  • Posts: 12837
February 4th, 2020 at 4:24:57 AM permalink
Yes, we値l do the scoring first and then determine if any tiebreakers are needed.

I知 going to start on the scoring in about an hour. I知 just about to go to the store and get another round of Amazon gift cards. I知 probably going to be on a ML (not Money Line) watchlist by the time I知 done! JK (I think)
Vultures can't be choosers.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 123
  • Posts: 12837
February 4th, 2020 at 6:19:40 AM permalink
Will someone please ask that lazy clown Mission146 to get on these results!!!!????

Okay, so first we are going to answer the Super Bowl Questions and form a list of those.

The second thing that we are going to do is tally up the total points per player.

Greetings!

1.) Will an equal or lesser number of points be scored in the third quarter as in the first quarter?

---YES, 10 for both.

2.) Will an equal or lesser number of points be scored in the second quarter as in the fourth quarter?

---YES, fewer points were scored in the second quarter.

3.) Will the team that calls the toss be correct?

---YES, the 49ers correctly called tails.

4.) Will the first score of the game be a touchdown?

---NO, the first score of the game was a FG by SF.

5.) Will Patrick Mahomes have at least 100 more passing yards than Jimmy Garoppolo?

---NO, he had more, but not 100+ more.

6.) Will Patrick Mahomes be credited with six or more rushes? (Not yards, number of carries)

---YES, nine, according to ESPN. (Three kneels, so would still have had six)

7.) If we multiply the points scored in the fourth quarter by three and then subtract two, will that result be MORE points than was scored in the first three quarters combined?

---YES (21 * 3) -2 = 61, which is actually more than the game total.

8.) Will at least one two-point conversion be attempted in this game?

---NO

9.) If overtime DOES NOT count, will 27 or more points be scored in the second half?

---YES, 31 Points

10.) Will there be a failed 4th Down Conversion attempt in this game?

---YES, both teams failed once.

ANSWERS LIST:

1. Y
2.) Y
3.) Y
4.) N
5.) N
6.) Y
7.) Y
8.) N
9.) Y
10.) Y


Standings Before Game

Kuma: 15
Prozema: 15
SOOPOO: 14
EdCollins: 13
GordonM888: 13
Joeman: 13
PlayYourCardsRight: 13
Romes: 13
Sparty10K: 13
IndyJeffrey: 12
JohnZimbo: 12 Points
AyeCarumba: 11
Miplet: 11
Unjon: 11
Wizard: 11
DJATC: Disqualified
Mission146: Disqualified
Scolist: 10
BeachBumBabs: 10
JW17: 9***
KSDJDJ: 9***
GWAE: 8
JohnnyQ: 8***
Bruce1: Disqualified
Michael99000: Disqualified
Odious Gambit: Disqualified

All who say, "Disqualified," made no Picks one or more weeks. Mission146 did not make Super Bowl picks. Asterisks denote ineligibility for consolation prizes for one reason or another.
Last edited by: Mission146 on Feb 4, 2020
Vultures can't be choosers.

  • Jump to: