HowMany
HowMany
Joined: Mar 22, 2013
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 482
January 15th, 2015 at 8:50:41 AM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

New England-6.5. Just checked.



Thanks Mooseton
Mooseton
Mooseton
Joined: Sep 6, 2010
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 604
January 15th, 2015 at 9:03:23 AM permalink
Yet it's still listed wrong on a couple sites.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 8263
January 15th, 2015 at 9:09:41 AM permalink
Those RSS feeds have mistakes regularly. All you have to do is look at the Total and the first half line to see the game line didn't make sense. The first half line and total line were the same as everybody else.
Order from chaos
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4299
January 15th, 2015 at 9:14:58 AM permalink
Quote: Nostron

I will be there in the morning - if its still -3 will hammer it.

If it is an error do they (or any book in this situation) have the right to refuse to pay? I know an off shore book would.


Any reputable physical book in Vegas will pay you if you get money down on a line that was a "mistake."
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 8263
January 15th, 2015 at 10:27:28 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Any reputable physical book in Vegas will pay you if you get money down on a line that was a "mistake."



I'm not sure that is always true. I believe the casinos reserve the right to void bets that are mistakes if they catch them before the game. I seem to remember one in the last few years where there was a big line on a game and they had it the wrong way. (ie. Patriots +21 vs Jaguars -21). The error was caught and I believe all the tickets were voided before the game.
Order from chaos
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4299
January 15th, 2015 at 11:03:06 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I'm not sure that is always true. I believe the casinos reserve the right to void bets that are mistakes if they catch them before the game. I seem to remember one in the last few years where there was a big line on a game and they had it the wrong way. (ie. Patriots +21 vs Jaguars -21). The error was caught and I believe all the tickets were voided before the game.


Hmmm, you definitely have more experience than me, so I won't doubt that. But I have not heard many stories like this.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
January 15th, 2015 at 11:33:34 AM permalink
I wonder if the brick and motar casino sportbooks "feed" the online services these juicy errors just to drive traffic to their desk. Once you've gone through the hassle of driving there to check it out, you may place a bet on their -6.5 point line anyway. They can always blame the error on the line service, or point to their, "we reserve the right to void any wager" sign.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Mooseton
Mooseton
Joined: Sep 6, 2010
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 604
January 15th, 2015 at 11:50:26 AM permalink
I was kinda thinking this same thing. That was pretty close to false advertising. Glad I didn't spend a dime. It's been posted as -3 since 01/14/15 11:26:08am and is still posted wrong.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1403
  • Posts: 23729
January 15th, 2015 at 12:45:24 PM permalink
Quote: Nostron

If it is an error do they (or any book in this situation) have the right to refuse to pay?



Yes. It is a rarely invoked right, but if a line is obviously in error, the casino can cancel the bet. I'm not sure how "obviously" is defined, but would be interested to know.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
sc15
sc15
Joined: Sep 28, 2014
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 594
January 15th, 2015 at 12:55:17 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

I wonder if the brick and motar casino sportbooks "feed" the online services these juicy errors just to drive traffic to their desk. Once you've gone through the hassle of driving there to check it out, you may place a bet on their -6.5 point line anyway. They can always blame the error on the line service, or point to their, "we reserve the right to void any wager" sign.



If I were in charge I would do it. It costs nothing for what's basically free advertising, and the only type of patron that you would piss off enough to not come again with this type of tactic is the type of business you probably don't want anyway.

  • Jump to: