Venthus
Venthus
Joined: Dec 10, 2012
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 1111
January 15th, 2015 at 1:05:05 AM permalink
Quote: sodawater

If you could get 7 and 3, would be such a great middle. Good chance it lands on 7 or 3 exactly and you win one and push one.



I actually have people planning on doing exactly that, assuming the Wynn doesn't move their line by the morning. Not convinced myself, but I suppose if you're going to hedge, it's one of the better options.
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 216
  • Posts: 4586
January 15th, 2015 at 1:07:50 AM permalink
Quote: Venthus

I actually have people planning on doing exactly that, assuming the Wynn doesn't move their line by the morning. Not convinced myself, but I suppose if you're going to hedge, it's one of the better options.



Maybe we should all meet for breakfast @ Wynn tomorrow. I have a feeling many of us are heading that way, if the site shows no correction by then. lol
Venthus
Venthus
Joined: Dec 10, 2012
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 1111
January 15th, 2015 at 1:57:29 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Maybe we should all meet for breakfast @ Wynn tomorrow. I have a feeling many of us are heading that way, if the site shows no correction by then. lol



Another meet up for January at the Wynn sports book, check! =D
HowMany
HowMany
Joined: Mar 22, 2013
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 482
January 15th, 2015 at 4:00:25 AM permalink
No chance Wynn is at -3. If they wanted to take a position on a side they could offer 1/2 point difference from the market price. No need to go more than 1/2 point.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4299
January 15th, 2015 at 6:59:06 AM permalink
Quote: HowMany

No chance Wynn is at -3. If they wanted to take a position on a side they could offer 1/2 point difference from the market price. No need to go more than 1/2 point.


Yeah, even with big action, their line wouldn't move 4 points. At least I mean...I'm not a sportsbook expert, but that's insane, right?

It has to be a mistake, but it's still showing on VegasInsider.com. Anyone been to the physical book this morning?
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
HowMany
HowMany
Joined: Mar 22, 2013
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 482
January 15th, 2015 at 7:30:45 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Yeah, even with big action, their line wouldn't move 4 points. At least I mean...I'm not a sportsbook expert, but that's insane, right?

It has to be a mistake, but it's still showing on VegasInsider.com. Anyone been to the physical book this morning?



Agree with you.

I ask myself this question. What's more likely- Wynn is offering NE -3 (-110) OR the number on VegasInsider is an error?

The answer is obvious. BUT, if I was in Vegas right now, I'd stop at Wynn just in case.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1403
  • Posts: 23728
January 15th, 2015 at 7:31:53 AM permalink
Quote: HowMany

I ask myself this question. What's more likely- Wynn is offering NE -3 (-110) OR the number on VegasInsider is an error?



I'd lay very long odds it is a VI error. I've seen it happen before.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
Joined: Apr 2, 2012
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 876
January 15th, 2015 at 7:36:44 AM permalink
Assuming it's legit... Who is going to be the runner for the rest of us !?!!?
Nostron
Nostron
Joined: Jan 7, 2013
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 140
January 15th, 2015 at 8:12:28 AM permalink
I will be there in the morning - if its still -3 will hammer it.

If it is an error do they (or any book in this situation) have the right to refuse to pay? I know an off shore book would.
Mooseton
Mooseton
Joined: Sep 6, 2010
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 604
January 15th, 2015 at 8:38:52 AM permalink
New England-6.5. Just checked.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try

  • Jump to: