s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
January 19th, 2014 at 6:47:01 PM permalink
If Seattle wins this game (they may have already, I turned it off after the leg break) they owe it to the referees. This was terrible.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
January 19th, 2014 at 6:50:03 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
January 19th, 2014 at 6:59:44 PM permalink
There were some bad calls. Obviously the roughing the punter that was called wrong. Seattle took the lead due that possession, which they wouldn't have even had. The bad call on the fumble at the 1 yard line didn't matter, as Seattle turned it over with another fumble/botched attempt on 4th down. In the end 49er's had a chance to win and they blew it. What did they have 3 turnovers in 4th quarter? I won't blame it on the officials.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
January 19th, 2014 at 7:29:56 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

The bad call on the fumble at the 1 yard line didn't matter, as Seattle turned it over with another fumble/botched attempt on 4th down.

So what is the explanation on WHY this situation is not reviewable. So the NFL can give fans something to argue about at work ? Or is it just an example of the kind of decision a committee ends up making ?
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
January 19th, 2014 at 8:02:52 PM permalink
Next year we'll get clarity. Bad Call this year. Not reviewable in the field of play, what utter garbage.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
January 19th, 2014 at 8:09:56 PM permalink
I never understood that call of roughing the punter when he fell into the feet, but whatever. We don't know what the outcome of the game would have been if the call was roughing the kicker. Who knows. SF probably would have thrown another interception!
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 19th, 2014 at 8:11:23 PM permalink
All I know is, knees don't bend that way. OOOWWWWwwwwwwww..... I would be shocked if they can rebuild that; the whole bone structure was out of whack and every ligament must've been torn. Poor guy. I relived crushing my elbow seeing that hit.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
January 19th, 2014 at 8:17:50 PM permalink
Quote: 98Clubs

Next year we'll get clarity. Bad Call this year. Not reviewable in the field of play, what utter garbage.

Non-reviewable plays :: The recovery of a loose ball in the field of play.

Most of the time, those plays are just not reviewable because what happens in the dog pile can't be seen.

It was a terrible call. I think the referee knocked into the dog pile was trying to get the play finished to get medics to attend to Bowman. I wonder if his opinion was asked?
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
January 19th, 2014 at 8:18:13 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

All I know is, knees don't bend that way. OOOWWWWwwwwwwww..... I would be shocked if they can rebuild that; the whole bone structure was out of whack and every ligament must've been torn. Poor guy. I relived crushing my elbow seeing that hit.

You got that right. Knees don't bend that way. Two years ago, I slipped on wet pavement here in Vegas (who would have though such a thing). My knee buckled the wrong way and my 160 or so pound came down on it tearing my ACL. I can only imagine that poor bastard, his 320 plus pounds and that of two other players. OUCH!..in a BIG way!
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
January 20th, 2014 at 12:09:23 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

You got that right. Knees don't bend that way. Two years ago, I slipped on wet pavement here in Vegas (who would have though such a thing). My knee buckled the wrong way and my 160 or so pound came down on it tearing my ACL. I can only imagine that poor bastard, his 320 plus pounds and that of two other players. OUCH!..in a BIG way!

Hey I didn't know you were in the torn ACL club. We are an elite fraternity.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
January 20th, 2014 at 12:31:59 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Hey I didn't know you were in the torn ACL club. We are an elite fraternity.

In the club also. Not a good club to be in
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 20th, 2014 at 12:39:59 PM permalink
Walk that shit off
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
January 20th, 2014 at 12:47:24 PM permalink
Haha I actually tried to walk it off. I was playing some pickup basketball and when somebody says they tore their acl, well that is exactly what it felt like. It felt like my leg tore in half at the knee. I was down for like 2 minutes then tried to convince myself it was maybe just a sprain. Got up and took a step to walk it off and my leg totally collapsed. I knew then I was screwed.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 20th, 2014 at 1:08:06 PM permalink
Lol I'm being a smart ass. I'm actually posting from the emergency room. Torn calf muscle. Weee!!
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
January 20th, 2014 at 6:09:59 PM permalink
Quote: Beardgoat

Haha I actually tried to walk it off. I was playing some pickup basketball and when somebody says they tore their acl, well that is exactly what it felt like. It felt like my leg tore in half at the knee. I was down for like 2 minutes then tried to convince myself it was maybe just a sprain. Got up and took a step to walk it off and my leg totally collapsed. I knew then I was screwed.

That sucks. I did mine skiing. I had to take the first aid sled down the mountain and then first aid guy (med student) said he wasn't sure if I had torn anything but to obviously see a doctor when I got home. I could actually walk pretty okay on it and it didn't hurt much at all after the initial shooting pain. I had high hopes it was just a sprain or something. Womp womp.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
January 20th, 2014 at 6:23:53 PM permalink
I didn't have any pain either after the initial injury and collapse 2 minutes later. About 2 days after the surgery, after the morphine wore off, it hurt like hell. It's rehabbed and fine now but I still get paranoid to jump like I used to.
  • Jump to: