16 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1446
March 11th, 2022 at 8:03:16 AM permalink
Quote: Goodboy21

Hello Michael

I just signed up for the site, motivated mainly to thank you for your free effort on this analysis.

Hats off for you!
link to original post

Thank you! Welcome to the forum.
“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” -- Carl Sagan
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 11th, 2022 at 9:31:12 AM permalink
Here is my strategy for a game left on game 6. You may note that my last strategy was for game 8. For game 7, I would use your best judgement on a something between the game 6 and 8 strategy.

Play if any of the following conditions are true, otherwise don't. Again, GB = Golden Buddha.

• Four or more total GB.
  • Total of three GB with at least two in first three reels.

There are some minor exceptions:

0-0-2-0-1: Don't play
2-0-0-0-1: Don't play
1-0-0-2-0: Do play
0-1-0-2-0: Do play
0-0-1-2-0: Do play
Last edited by: Wizard on Mar 11, 2022
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 11th, 2022 at 1:54:01 PM permalink
Here is my strategy for a game left on game 4. You may note that my last strategy was for game 6. For game 5, I would use your best judgement on a something between the game 6 and 8 strategy.

Play if any of the following conditions are true, otherwise don't. Again, GB = Golden Buddha.

• Three or more total GB.
  • Total of two GB in the first four reels.

Exception: Do no play with only two GB, both in reel 4.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 11th, 2022 at 3:33:48 PM permalink
Game 1 Strategy

Play any state except no GB or only one GB on reel 5.

Game 2 Strategy

• At least one GB in first three reels.
  • At least two GB in reels 4 and 5.

In other words, the only time not to play is with zero GB or one only that appears on reel 4 or 5.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 11th, 2022 at 4:32:10 PM permalink
I'm starting to write a page on this game and wasn't sure if what I've been calling the Golden Buddha is really Buddha. A Google search of the following image didn't come up with any close matches. Based on the closest suggestions, I'm now leaning it towards it being Vishnu. I welcome all comments, especially from TeddyS.

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 224
March 11th, 2022 at 4:54:53 PM permalink
It looks like a Baby Buddha to me but that is more of a WAG than from experience.
I would think they would alter any religious icons so as to not offend somebody.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 11th, 2022 at 5:01:20 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

It looks like a Baby Buddha to me but that is more of a WAG than from experience.
I would think they would alter any religious icons so as to not offend somebody.
link to original post

I clearly thought it was Buddha too at first, but based on the style of the artwork of the overall game, I think the symbolism is that of India, where Hinduism is the dominant religion.

By the way, Buddha was not enlightened until he was an adult. I don't think he would be depicted as a deity (why is the E before I?) as a baby. Hopefully nobody presses charges that I'm making religious statements.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 11th, 2022 at 5:30:23 PM permalink
Please have a preview of my new page on Golden Jungle Grand. I welcome all comments, questions, and corrections.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 224
March 11th, 2022 at 6:01:43 PM permalink
The Buddha was from northern India. I don't know much about why they have baby statues of him but I've seen some that seem serious and some that are comedic. I've no idea if they are offensive to his followers or not.
The review I read calls them buddhas.
I suspect the creators altered the images so it resembles the historic figures but is different enough to not offend anyone.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
March 12th, 2022 at 8:59:50 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Quote: billryan

link to original post

I clearly thought it was Buddha too at first, but based on the style of the artwork of the overall game, I think the symbolism is that of India, where Hinduism is the dominant religion.

By the way, Buddha was not enlightened until he was an adult. I don't think he would be depicted as a deity (why is the E before I?) as a baby. Hopefully nobody presses charges that I'm making religious statements.
link to original post

Unlike most “ie” or “ei” words, both vowels in deity are pronounced separately. It’s three syllables: dee uh tee.

If English followed German rules there would be a diaeresis (two dots) over the “i” to indicate the syllable break.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.

• Jump to: