Alexander20
Alexander20
  • Threads: 2
December 13th, 2020 at 3:44:25 PM permalink
Hi all.
I have a null 3x3 matrix (9 squares). The probability for a symbol x to be shown on each square is 0.2 and it is the same for all squares.The game plays one round at a time. If a symbol x appears on a square stays on it and the game runs one more round.

Is there a formula to calculate the probability of symbol x at round n (1<=n<=9)?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1388
December 13th, 2020 at 5:18:59 PM permalink
Are you asking, "What is the probability of at least one X on the board after n rounds?"
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy 
  • Threads: 105
December 13th, 2020 at 7:00:37 PM permalink
Questions:

1. In each round, does each square without an x have a 0.2 probability of showing an x in that round?

2. Does the game end if there is a round where no new x's are created?
USpapergames
USpapergames
  • Threads: 18
December 13th, 2020 at 8:26:09 PM permalink
Quote: Alexander20

Hi all.
I have a null 3x3 matrix (9 squares). The probability for a symbol x to be shown on each square is 0.2 and it is the same for all squares.The game plays one round at a time. If a symbol x appears on a square stays on it and the game runs one more round.

Is there a formula to calculate the probability of symbol x at round n (1<=n<=9)?

Omg, 😱 you're trying to solve the probabilities for Royal Slots :/

P.S. The payouts on the demo in no way reflect the probabilities of the payouts! I purposefully choose figures so far from the actual probabilities just to through of the mathematicians here, so I could see I you confused as the payout values I chose ;)
Math is the only true form of knowledge
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
December 13th, 2020 at 8:31:50 PM permalink
Quote: USpapergames

P.S. The payouts on the demo in no way reflect the probabilities of the payouts! I purposefully choose figures so far from the actual probabilities just to through of the mathematicians here, so I could see I you confused as the payout values I chose ;)

Trolling much?
I heart Crystal Math.
USpapergames
USpapergames
  • Threads: 18
December 13th, 2020 at 8:33:38 PM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

Trolling much?

How is a skin a legitimate question trolling? If he's talking about my game I want to know about it! Honestly Crystal Math, I'm starting to think you're trolling me!
Math is the only true form of knowledge
Alexander20
Alexander20
December 14th, 2020 at 1:16:22 AM permalink
I am looking for the probability of a symbol X to be shown in any square at n round.

At round 1 probability is 0.2

At round 2 probability is (1-0.8^8) * (0.8 * 0.2) = 0.8322 * 0.16 = 0.1331

I can' t find a formula for the rest rounds.
Alexander20
Alexander20
December 14th, 2020 at 1:24:57 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Questions:

1. In each round, does each square without an x have a 0.2 probability of showing an x in that round?

2. Does the game end if there is a round where no new x's are created?

Yes
Alexander20
Alexander20
December 14th, 2020 at 1:52:11 AM permalink
Quote: USpapergames

I do not know your Slots. This mini game could be considered as a simplified version of Hold n Spin feature which is well known for several years in gaming industry. I am trying to figure out the math behind this feature and it is all about personal amusement and not commercial use.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 21
Thanks for this post from:
CrystalMath
December 14th, 2020 at 6:19:34 AM permalink
Quote: Alexander20

I do not know your Slots. This mini game could be considered as a simplified version of Hold n Spin feature which is well known for several years in gaming industry. I am trying to figure out the math behind this feature and it is all about personal amusement and not commercial use.

I have figured out the math behind the hold and spin feature. It's extremely complicated. Not sure I'm willing to just post openly about my results.

You don't specify, but if the intent is that you get three spins to hit an x before the game is over (and if you do hit an x, you reset to three spins), then the probability under your scenario of filling the screen is 0.3519481466.
Last edited by: rsactuary on Dec 14, 2020

• Jump to: