Alexander20
Alexander20
  • Threads: 2
October 2nd, 2020 at 10:15:33 AM permalink
Hi all,
If we have a 5x3 slot game with the sticky wilds feature, what is the way to calculate the probability to have at n free spin the entire screen covered with wild symbols?
I know that we can use the Markov chain to calculate the probabilities of sticky wilds on line but what how it is calculated for the entire screen?
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
October 2nd, 2020 at 12:29:09 PM permalink
Quote: Alexander20

Hi all,
If we have a 5x3 slot game with the sticky wilds feature, what is the way to calculate the probability to have at n free spin the entire screen covered with wild symbols?
I know that we can use the Markov chain to calculate the probabilities of sticky wilds on line but what how it is calculated for the entire screen?

It depends on a number of things - for example, if you get a wild on the screen, does that reel subsequently work as if there is one fewer symbol on the reel? Or, perhaps, does it make a normal spin, but whatever symbol would have appeared in the space with the wild is just "hidden"?

I think the Markov Chain is still the way to do it, as you have to take into account every possibility of the number of spins left and the number of wilds on the screen.
Alexander20
Alexander20
October 2nd, 2020 at 1:25:18 PM permalink
The case is that the symbol is hidden. I also believe that Markov Chain is the way to do it but I am a bit confused how to make it work. It seems to me that there are too many stages that is impossible to make the calculations. I would welcome any advice.
Alexander20
Alexander20
October 2nd, 2020 at 1:25:30 PM permalink
The case is that the symbol is hidden. I also believe that Markov Chain is the way to do it but I am a bit confused how to make it work. It seems to me that there are too many stages that is impossible to make the calculations. I would welcome any advice.
Alexander20
Alexander20
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
October 2nd, 2020 at 1:25:40 PM permalink
I am sorry for the dublicate post. I do not know how to erase it.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
Thanked by
Alexander20
October 2nd, 2020 at 1:52:01 PM permalink
Quote: Alexander20

Here's some advice: the first thing you need to know is, how many wilds are on each reel.

If you are trying to calculate the probability of getting all 15 spaces to be wild in N spins, it's probably easiest to calculate the probability of getting all three spots on the same reel in N spins, separately for each reel, and then multiply those values together, since each reel acts independently. Each reel only has eight states you have to worry about (no wilds; top only; middle only; bottom only; top and middle; top and bottom; middle and bottom; all three).

As for duplicate posts, you cannot delete a post once you post it, but what you can do is, you can edit the duplicate to say something like "Sorry - duplicate post."
Alexander20
Alexander20
October 2nd, 2020 at 2:09:48 PM permalink
It makes sense to me. I will try it. Thank you very much.
  • Jump to: