Nathan
Nathan
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3430
March 24th, 2018 at 10:21:18 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Why keep working at Walgreens (?) Just move to Vegas and play all the new installs for the first few weeks.



LMAO! No! :D I remember someone on this very website saying he won more money on a good paying slot machine in just one day than he earned in an entire month of working and briefly considered quitting his job to be a professional slot plater and quickly came to his senses and realized what an awful idea that really was especially since he never had such a good session again after that good one.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 130
  • Posts: 16709
March 24th, 2018 at 2:58:55 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

LMAO! No! :D I remember someone on this very website saying he won more money on a good paying slot machine in just one day than he earned in an entire month of working and briefly considered quitting his job to be a professional slot plater and quickly came to his senses and realized what an awful idea that really was especially since he never had such a good session again after that good one.

It's an awful idea because that's not how slots work. Most likely It's just confirmation bias.

I guess there's a chance that some slot manufacturers and casinos start new machines out at better paybacks (95% or somthing like that)and then lower them at some point(still not +EV). Its possible They can seed certain machines with extra start money for bonuses as well. I don't know how one would guess this information.

But for the most part, thinking that new machines pay better for the first few weeks is HOGWASH.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Nathan
Nathan
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3430
March 24th, 2018 at 3:12:51 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

It's an awful idea because that's not how slots work. Most likely It's just confirmation bias.

I guess there's a chance that some slot manufacturers and casinos start new machines out at better paybacks (95% or somthing like that)and then lower them at some point(still not +EV). Its possible They can seed certain machines with extra start money for bonuses as well. I don't know how one would guess this information.

But for the most part, thinking that new machines pay better for the first few weeks is HOGWASH.



He was the one who said it was an awful idea,not me ;)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 7727
March 24th, 2018 at 4:08:41 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Why keep working at Walgreens (?) Just move to Vegas and play all the new installs for the first few weeks.



Loose lips sink ships.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 7727
March 24th, 2018 at 4:12:04 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

It's an awful idea because that's not how slots work. Most likely It's just confirmation bias.

I guess there's a chance that some slot manufacturers and casinos start new machines out at better paybacks (95% or somthing like that)and then lower them at some point(still not +EV). Its possible They can seed certain machines with extra start money for bonuses as well. I don't know how one would guess this information.

But for the most part, thinking that new machines pay better for the first few weeks is HOGWASH.



They don't pay better, but since they usually get played pretty heavily, the impression is they pay more as more jackpots occur.
When they first put in that damned Unicorn game in AC, I was hitting four and five Jerry Lawlers a session. After a few weeks, no more.
prozema
prozema
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 1135
March 28th, 2018 at 7:03:31 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

They don't pay better, but since they usually get played pretty heavily, the impression is they pay more as more jackpots occur.



Bingo!

As an aside, there was a bank of new Willie Wonka machines installed in a local casino in the Midwest. I don't know which version of Willie wonka they are... Probably doesn't matter...

Anyway, they were only running for a couple of weeks. Then there was a note posted on them that they were closed for maintenance according to gaming regulations (or something like that). In hindsight, I wish I would have snapped a picture. Anyway, these machines have been taking up floor space shut down now for almost a month.

Any guesses on what's going on with those machines?
"A little luck never hurt any fisherman, that's all I know." - Sig Hansen
nmacgre
nmacgre
Joined: Aug 23, 2010
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 84
Thanks for this post from:
prozema
April 3rd, 2018 at 6:14:29 AM permalink
Silk Dancer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI5APKbgQ6o
prozema
prozema
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 1135
April 3rd, 2018 at 7:50:10 PM permalink
Quote: nmacgre

Silk Dancer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI5APKbgQ6o



I'm impressed. After watching the video, I can see why (almost) no one knew this one.
"A little luck never hurt any fisherman, that's all I know." - Sig Hansen
prozema
prozema
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 1135
April 3rd, 2018 at 7:51:23 PM permalink
Quote: prozema

Bingo!

As an aside, there was a bank of new Willie Wonka machines installed in a local casino in the Midwest. I don't know which version of Willie wonka they are... Probably doesn't matter...

Anyway, they were only running for a couple of weeks. Then there was a note posted on them that they were closed for maintenance according to gaming regulations (or something like that). In hindsight, I wish I would have snapped a picture. Anyway, these machines have been taking up floor space shut down now for almost a month.

Any guesses on what's going on with those machines?



Those Willie Wonkas are gone.
"A little luck never hurt any fisherman, that's all I know." - Sig Hansen
mamat
mamat
Joined: Jul 13, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 494
May 5th, 2018 at 4:17:48 AM permalink
Quote: RS

It looks like the game that works like this:

If you get a wild on 1, 2, or 3 spots on a column, the ball at the top goes away and it gets refilled with the next one in line. If you get the wild symbol on all 4 spots in a column, you win the respective prize for that colored ball or jewel. I believe the red one is the top prize, IIRC, and the bottom one has no prize (or something sh***y).

If you get a full column of wilds with a non-rotating jewel, it just gives you a column of wilds (maybe with a multiplier) - no progressive.

When there is a rotating jewel (4 colors), you get the corresponding progressive.

Game is not very strong.

  • Jump to: