Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz 
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 247
  • Posts: 7791
January 8th, 2018 at 10:08:50 AM permalink
Saw a must-hit by $400. Meter was at $392+

Unfortunately there was a guy clearly intent on collecting it so i was forced to watch

He was busy on his phone while the machine was on auto-spin. Having played this machine before i was stumped. I didnt know they had that feature but i was determined to know how to enable it. This guy was just letting the machine spin after spin continuosly while he waited for the must-hit and concentrated on other things

So i studied and went thru all the menus and game rules of the identical machine next to him(with a much lower meter unfortunately) but much to my disappointment i could find no instructions on how to enable the auto-spin

I finally resigned myself to asking how to do it from this guy. I prefer not milking information from other pros. I dont like it when people do it to me but i was totally stumped

As i turned to ask him i suddenly recognized how he had enabled the auto-spin feature

He had wedged a filled water bottle between the line button and wager button so that the wager button was permanently depressed

Sometimes the simplest methods for enabling a feature are literally the last thing you would imagine
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 209
  • Posts: 8024
January 8th, 2018 at 11:00:10 AM permalink
Your potassium must have been low. Sounds obviously an Ainsworth machine, they allow for this, but think it ends with every bonus, the pressure needs to be reapplied. Old spielos you can use a toothpick or straw. Casino employees used to harass if you did this, can't remember what their excuse was.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
KevinAA
KevinAA
Joined: Jul 6, 2017
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 280
January 8th, 2018 at 1:03:01 PM permalink
That should be a bannable offense. If you want to gamble quickly, then use the skip-stop feature (i.e. hit the button over and over nonstop). Those buttons were meant to be pressed, not smashed into place. It damages the electrical contacts, and then the button won't work when PRESSED.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 209
  • Posts: 8024
January 8th, 2018 at 2:11:56 PM permalink
Quote: KevinAA

That should be a bannable offense. If you want to gamble quickly, then use the skip-stop feature (i.e. hit the button over and over nonstop). Those buttons were meant to be pressed, not smashed into place. It damages the electrical contacts, and then the button won't work when PRESSED.

Now I think I remember what they said was it having something to do with in case there was a malfunction, LMAO. I always thought they were angry, or told to be angry, because if people were doing this, they would never be tempted to change their bet once they set it. It's not like people think or are attempting to destroy a slot machine, they're not hitting it, they're just trying to cut out the BS. Slot machines break all the time from use, truthfully it cannot really be proven, that a toothpick or something else used to Jam a button really was nothing else but the last straw to break a camel's back. Just because somebody's trying to take down a major or minor Progressive must-hit, the casino is all of a sudden going to get all anal retentive because you're actually playing to win but they set up to be won. If I had to choose between my fingers my wrist my arms and my shoulders, I'll choose to break something made in China.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
mamat
mamat
Joined: Jul 13, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 494
January 9th, 2018 at 5:41:29 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

He was busy on his phone while the machine was on auto-spin. Having played this machine before i was stumped. I didnt know they had that feature but i was determined to know how to enable it.

Lots of different machines & machine settings.

(1) Press & release the Spin button for every bet (The "bet X" buttons only change the bet amount").
(2) Press & release either the Spin button or bet button or max bet button
(3) Press & hold button. As long as it stays depressed (and nothing unusual like a bonus round happens), the machine will auto-bet.
(4) Press button multiple times quickly to (a) stop reels (b) accelerate the payout counter
Note: Sometimes you can do this with the spin button, but NOT with the "bet X" buttons (or vice-versa).
(5) Press & release button once, and machine will auto-spin (until something unusual like a bonus round or "cashout" button press happens). Some keno games are set this way.
Note: Sometimes a machine unexpectedly does this, and I have to hit cash-out as fast as I can...before my money disappears.

How many options are available depends on the game and manufacturer.

In the configuration screens, a slot tech may have access to some casino-configurable options.
Whether or not the General Manager, VP Slots, Slot Supervisors, etc... allow certain options to be set... again varies.
Policy may depend on the player (For example, one Harrahs casino "does not allow machines to be held for X hrs"; however, I have heard that 3rd level Seven Stars can hold machines. Not the lowly 1st and 2nd level Seven Stars, just 3rd-7th level & I assume...Chairman).

WARNING: Since APs have been asking for certain settings changes from 2011-2018, some casinos have "gotten wise".
Last few years, I personally no longer ask for settings changes (with rare exceptions, maybe once a year)...too much potential danger (Lose a casino, versus lose a play).

With some games, if I am unable to stop the reels as I spin, or auto-spin (press & hold)...I simply don't play (e.g. 4-hr play vs. 20-hr play).
There are some +EV games where even the fastest setting is so slow (48+ hrs), I don't play them until they are ++EV quite a bit.

-----
If you have a machine of type 3 (press & hold spin/bet/max-bet button...and the machine auto-bets),
there is no need to "jam anything" (e.g. nickel between button & side).

Depending on the age/tightness of the button/spring you can simply place something on the button to hold it down
(a) on a light button, two cell phones or a heavy glass ash tray
(b) on a medium button, 2 heavy glass ash trays or a small water bottle
(c) on a heavy button, a medium-heavy water bottle or a full drink in a heavy glass
Last edited by: mamat on Jan 9, 2018
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 125
  • Posts: 13201
January 9th, 2018 at 2:53:39 PM permalink
Quote: KevinAA

That should be a bannable offense. If you want to gamble quickly, then use the skip-stop feature (i.e. hit the button over and over nonstop). Those buttons were meant to be pressed, not smashed into place. It damages the electrical contacts, and then the button won't work when PRESSED.



Yeah, I wish. That doesn't work on some 50% of must-hits that I have ever encountered.
Vultures can't be choosers.
BTLWI
BTLWI
Joined: Nov 6, 2013
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 427
January 9th, 2018 at 4:10:15 PM permalink
Why would a casino want you to make -EV bets as quickly as possible? Best to ban you instead.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 125
  • Posts: 13201
January 9th, 2018 at 4:21:07 PM permalink
Quote: BTLWI

Why would a casino want you to make -EV bets as quickly as possible? Best to ban you instead.



I have no idea why the casinos, or maybe it's the manufacturers, sometimes do not enable machines to be, "Slam-Stopped." I could definitely ensure anyone that it is not only AP's who find machines that cannot be slam-stopped frustrating.

Even in terms of ploppies playing the machines, it doesn't take a genius to recognize that no symbols match on Reels 1 & 2 and there are no Free Games symbols on Reel 3, or whatever the case. Many of the must-hit games are such that the target free games symbol must initiate from Reel 1 and extend to at least Reel 3, so when that is the case, if nothing matches on Reels 1&2 the spin is effectively over. It's a loss 100% of the time.

I've seen other non must-hit non-progressive machines that also don't enable slam-stopping and I can't understand the reason for it. I would be Extremely surprised if a casino were to put deterring AP's as a higher priority than not irritating and aggravating casual players as well, but you never know. I do know that, in many cases, casual players have as much of a distaste for machines upon which they are unable to slam stop as APs.

Maybe they just want to extend the useful life of the buttons, who knows? I'd rather have someone playing 1,200 SPH as opposed to 600 SPH, but that's me. Can't imagine replacing the buttons costs that much.
Vultures can't be choosers.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 149
  • Posts: 19133
January 9th, 2018 at 5:14:18 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I have no idea why the casinos, or maybe it's the manufacturers, sometimes do not enable machines to be, "Slam-Stopped." I could definitely ensure anyone that it is not only AP's who find machines that cannot be slam-stopped frustrating.

Even in terms of ploppies playing the machines, it doesn't take a genius to recognize that no symbols match on Reels 1 & 2 and there are no Free Games symbols on Reel 3, or whatever the case. Many of the must-hit games are such that the target free games symbol must initiate from Reel 1 and extend to at least Reel 3, so when that is the case, if nothing matches on Reels 1&2 the spin is effectively over. It's a loss 100% of the time.

I've seen other non must-hit non-progressive machines that also don't enable slam-stopping and I can't understand the reason for it. I would be Extremely surprised if a casino were to put deterring AP's as a higher priority than not irritating and aggravating casual players as well, but you never know. I do know that, in many cases, casual players have as much of a distaste for machines upon which they are unable to slam stop as APs.

Maybe they just want to extend the useful life of the buttons, who knows? I'd rather have someone playing 1,200 SPH as opposed to 600 SPH, but that's me. Can't imagine replacing the buttons costs that much.

I dont know what they are thinking. Is it possible there is some patents or extra costs having stop reels and turbo?

Just a thought.

People tend to remember when they lose too fast on a machine. I have a feeling no ploppy ever assumed they lost fast just because they were playing faster than normal. If they can convince a player their money lasted longer on one machine over another, that person may keep seeking out that machine.

P.S. I would never want to jam anything into a button or something like that, just for convenience. Most normal players don't do that. It brings more attention to that person. If your an AP that's the last thing you need.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
darkoz
darkoz 
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 247
  • Posts: 7791
January 9th, 2018 at 5:34:30 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Quote: Mission146

I have no idea why the casinos, or maybe it's the manufacturers, sometimes do not enable machines to be, "Slam-Stopped." I could definitely ensure anyone that it is not only AP's who find machines that cannot be slam-stopped frustrating.

Even in terms of ploppies playing the machines, it doesn't take a genius to recognize that no symbols match on Reels 1 & 2 and there are no Free Games symbols on Reel 3, or whatever the case. Many of the must-hit games are such that the target free games symbol must initiate from Reel 1 and extend to at least Reel 3, so when that is the case, if nothing matches on Reels 1&2 the spin is effectively over. It's a loss 100% of the time.

I've seen other non must-hit non-progressive machines that also don't enable slam-stopping and I can't understand the reason for it. I would be Extremely surprised if a casino were to put deterring AP's as a higher priority than not irritating and aggravating casual players as well, but you never know. I do know that, in many cases, casual players have as much of a distaste for machines upon which they are unable to slam stop as APs.

Maybe they just want to extend the useful life of the buttons, who knows? I'd rather have someone playing 1,200 SPH as opposed to 600 SPH, but that's me. Can't imagine replacing the buttons costs that much.

I dont know what they are thinking. Is it possible there is some patents or extra costs having stop reels and turbo?

Just a thought.

People tend to remember when they lose too fast on a machine. I have a feeling no ploppy ever assumed they lost fast just because they were playing faster than normal. If they can convince a player their money lasted longer on one machine over another, that person may keep seeking out that machine.

P.S. I would never want to jam anything into a button or something like that, just for convenience. Most normal players don't do that. It brings more attention to that person. If your an AP that's the last thing you need.



I agree but i don't see anyone in atlantic city being banned because they were making a must hit spin over n over
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

  • Jump to: