Joined: Aug 27, 2014
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 9
August 30th, 2014 at 10:25:22 PM permalink
Is there a way to avoid getting any wins $1200 or great reported to the IRS? For example if I refuse to give a SSN, can the casino take out a portion and not report or give me a 1099? That happened to me at an Indian Casino, I refused on a small one (cash prize of $100) and they tried to take 28% out.

Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 209
  • Posts: 7999
August 30th, 2014 at 10:59:59 PM permalink
Not really. If you were splitting among a group, it can be divided if the casino is cooperative using another form but this doesn't achieve your goal. I guess you just have to find a total loser with no future to claim the jackpot and hope he pays you.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
Joined: May 10, 2011
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 1826
August 30th, 2014 at 11:32:36 PM permalink
If you don't provide a social security card, they will keep backup withholding of 28%. If you don't provide an ID, expect them to hold onto your jackpot until you do.
I heart Crystal Math.

  • Jump to: