Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 126
  • Posts: 13407
April 26th, 2014 at 2:45:05 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE



hahhahaah, I was there today for the slot tournament. I was able to vulture all of the UX even the high limit room. I found a ton of plays even a few 10x and 11x. I had a net loss of $29 thanks to a $2 3 play loss and a $1 5 play loss.

However I did get dealt KKKK5 on QQ on DDb 5 play fo $0.25 so that was fun.



I thought about going for the slot tournament today, but I didn't have any Free Play and I saw that you had already been there to that point, so there goes Ultimate X vulturing. I might go for the third round of the slot tournament.

I should thank you, anyway, I did get the lawn mowed today as a result of not going to the slot tournament, and am off tomorrow, so I would have otherwise had to mow the lawn on my day off.
Vultures can't be choosers.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
April 26th, 2014 at 3:27:08 PM permalink
hahaha you are so welcome. I have to make another trip this week. They also had a drawing today where you put a ticket in a drum and they pulled 10 names every hour for $100 free play. I dropped my wifes ticket in and her name was called. I thought that was great until I realized that I didn't bring her card with me. At least it is good for 7 days.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 126
  • Posts: 13407
April 26th, 2014 at 3:31:25 PM permalink
That's cool. As a matter of fact, if you don't mind saving me a drive, would you be kind enough to shoot me a PM on days you are going and I will do the same? I usually don't know if I am going until six-seven hours beforehand, but it could save us both time.

EDIT: Actually, just so you don't think I am trying to jack your plays, if you'd be kind enough just to shoot me a PM after you've already been there, that'd be cool, too.
Vultures can't be choosers.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
April 26th, 2014 at 3:35:02 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

That's cool. As a matter of fact, if you don't mind saving me a drive, would you be kind enough to shoot me a PM on days you are going and I will do the same? I usually don't know if I am going until six-seven hours beforehand, but it could save us both time.



oh yeah absolutely. I don't go very often especially now with a newborn.

OH AND BTW... I (can I say dislike you without a suspension?) because when I walk through a casino I have to look possible plays and looking at a lot machine like Jackpot Party now makes me sick to think of how bad it is.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 126
  • Posts: 13407
April 26th, 2014 at 3:37:48 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

oh yeah absolutely. I don't go very often especially now with a newborn.

OH AND BTW... I (can I say dislike you without a suspension?) because when I walk through a casino I have to look possible plays and looking at a lot machine like Jackpot Party now makes me sick to think of how bad it is.



LOL

Just trying to save you money, man! Playing smart is as much about what you don't play as what you do play, if not more. That said, I play like an idiot in Vegas!
Vultures can't be choosers.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
April 26th, 2014 at 4:12:42 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

LOL

Just trying to save you money, man! Playing smart is as much about what you don't play as what you do play, if not more. That said, I play like an idiot in Vegas!



well I guess it is a good thing. It just changed the way that I play at a casino. Today the only machine I played outside of VP was a must hit by $500. It was at $481 so I wanted to calculate the movement and see if I could figure out if it was worth a play. I did it this way. Tell me if I am on the right track here.

It took $5 coin in to move it $0.01. That means it would take $5x100x19 to reach $500 which is $9500. If I assume 85% payback which is the minimum in PA then my expected loss would be $1425- $500 must hit. So I would be expected to lost approx $925. There was a smaller jackpot to but that wouldnt help out here.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
Joined: Jul 13, 2013
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 2299
April 26th, 2014 at 4:18:25 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

So what numbers are worth playing. I am seeing one at 80/42/15



I got the overall payback percentage (91.98%) for their best game, the payback in the main game, and average pays in the free games from one of the top mathematicians at IGT. I took his numbers and came up with 92.6%. I figure I was off 0.62% due to him giving me rounded numbers for the frequencies of catching the lions. I then did the math for every meter being maxed out. It came up 96.6%.

It's a nice looking game. Kinda fun to play. But its not exploitable. I don't pay attention to this game anymore.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
April 26th, 2014 at 4:24:42 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

I got the overall payback percentage (91.98%) for their best game, the payback in the main game, and average pays in the free games from one of the top mathematicians at IGT. I took his numbers and came up with 92.6%. I figure I was off 0.62% due to him giving me rounded numbers for the frequencies of catching the lions. I then did the math for every meter being maxed out. It came up 96.6%.

It's a nice looking game. Kinda fun to play. But its not exploitable. I don't pay attention to this game anymore.


thank you mickey. I thought that is what you had said but I was on my phone.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 126
  • Posts: 13407
April 26th, 2014 at 5:22:30 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

well I guess it is a good thing. It just changed the way that I play at a casino. Today the only machine I played outside of VP was a must hit by $500. It was at $481 so I wanted to calculate the movement and see if I could figure out if it was worth a play. I did it this way. Tell me if I am on the right track here.

It took $5 coin in to move it $0.01. That means it would take $5x100x19 to reach $500 which is $9500. If I assume 85% payback which is the minimum in PA then my expected loss would be $1425- $500 must hit. So I would be expected to lost approx $925. There was a smaller jackpot to but that wouldnt help out here.



You did the Math right, but keep in mind that 85% could be an overall payback percentage which could include the average Progressive hit and meter increases. Furthermore, the base Progressive amounts would definitely count towards the overall payback of the machine, and I would say almost definitely the meter increases themselves.

I'd probably want to assume 80% Base Pays, in the State of PA, on that machine.

Even on Wizard's charts, $481 isn't playable without a good Minor, so you definitely made the right call.
Vultures can't be choosers.

  • Jump to: