gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 44
February 15th, 2021 at 6:26:44 AM permalink
Quote: charliepatrick

Thanks for this.

I didn't investigate what hands won and lost, but if you start with a pair AA you could land up with two pair (KKQQJ - and hence rarely Tie, but mostly Lose). If there's an Ace on the board then either the board has a pair or better (AKKQJ/AKKQQ/KKKQJ/KKKQQ - you make Full House, AAKQJ/AKKKK/KKKKQ - Quads) or a straight (AKQJT - you play the board or make a Straight Flush). So it does look as if you can't make Trips starting with a Pair.

Yes, exactly right.

While playing the game, I have learned to raise when a straight is made on the board. The other players think I have made a better hand and usually fold -not realizing that when a straight is on the board that it is impossible for any player to have a better hand. LOL, the game is so new that many players do not understand it.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
February 15th, 2021 at 6:59:39 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Yes, exactly right.

While playing the game, I have learned to raise when a straight is made on the board. The other players think I have made a better hand and usually fold -not realizing that when a straight is on the board that it is impossible for any player to have a better hand. LOL, the game is so new that many players do not understand it.

Thatís surprising to me unless thereís 3 to a flush on the board. Broadway on the board is no different in this game and hold em.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
ssho88
ssho88
  • Threads: 45
February 15th, 2021 at 7:01:50 AM permalink
deleted
ssho88
ssho88
  • Threads: 45
February 15th, 2021 at 7:09:50 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

Thatís surprising to me unless thereís 3 to a flush on the board. Broadway on the board is no different in this game and hold em.

Exactly, when a straight is made on the board(with 3 to a flush or 4 to a flush), there is still possible to have a better hand, i.e straight flush.

• Jump to: