PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
December 22nd, 2020 at 2:27:36 PM permalink
Reposting this here

Quote: USpapergames
1000-1 is ridiculous odds, poler has more luck in it even if there are 500k of hands in the challenge. Doug is a huge favorite, problem is that there are so many hands and we all know how good Negreanu is at adjusting to someone's game. Your right & Doug should have this in the bag but I fear if he loses this challenge it will be solely because of his arrogance & overconfidence :/

Just doing the math & how many hands have been played at 200-400 blinds, Doug should be up a lot more money but he's coasting since he's in the lead. When they played live Negreanu dominated badly on tv & that got Doug to take the game seriously and develop a high lead from being behind! Now that he has the lead he has a quarter of the determination to win :(

This whole post shows you know next to nothing about poker. Daniel played terrible during the live hands but got hit with the deck. He was atrocious getting value in basic spots and never went for the thin value. Dnegs has gotten much better as they play and heís getting better at a faster rate than Polk is getting back in the groove of HU play. The problem for Dnegs is Polk is so far and away a better player that even as he closes the skill gap he is still way behind.

As far as the current standings. I havenít looked at it in the last few days but Polk is running above ev currently so Iím not sure why youíre saying he should be up more. Btw Polk isnít coasting he is putting in insane hours of study every day and has been openly very critical of his own play on Twitter. Also Polk had multiple millions on the line betting on himself with Bill Perkins as well as a few others. He has a ton to gain and more to lose as he bet with odds obviously.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
December 22nd, 2020 at 7:32:37 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

As far as the current standings. I havenít looked at it in the last few days but Polk is running above ev currently so Iím not sure why youíre saying he should be up more. Btw Polk isnít coasting he is putting in insane hours of study every day and has been openly very critical of his own play on Twitter. Also Polk had multiple millions on the line betting on himself with Bill Perkins as well as a few others. He has a ton to gain and more to lose as he bet with odds obviously.

I have probably watched about half of the 11,000 hands and Polk is definitely way ahead of expected heads up showdown EV. I think I have learned a lot about heads up poker and would love to play some. Obviously, not at the 200-400 level,
Living longer does not always infer +EV
WTflush
WTflush
  • Threads: 1
December 22nd, 2020 at 8:49:01 PM permalink

Reposting this here

Quote: USpapergames
1000-1 is ridiculous odds, poler has more luck in it even if there are 500k of hands in the challenge. Doug is a huge favorite, problem is that there are so many hands and we all know how good Negreanu is at adjusting to someone's game. Your right & Doug should have this in the bag but I fear if he loses this challenge it will be solely because of his arrogance & overconfidence :/

Just doing the math & how many hands have been played at 200-400 blinds, Doug should be up a lot more money but he's coasting since he's in the lead. When they played live Negreanu dominated badly on tv & that got Doug to take the game seriously and develop a high lead from being behind! Now that he has the lead he has a quarter of the determination to win :(

This whole post shows you know next to nothing about poker. Daniel played terrible during the live hands but got hit with the deck. He was atrocious getting value in basic spots and never went for the thin value. Dnegs has gotten much better as they play and heís getting better at a faster rate than Polk is getting back in the groove of HU play. The problem for Dnegs is Polk is so far and away a better player that even as he closes the skill gap he is still way behind.

I think someone on the forum needs to play this genius pro USPG heads up. ;)

Quote: DRich

I have probably watched about half of the 11,000 hands and Polk is definitely way ahead of expected heads up showdown EV. I think I have learned a lot about heads up poker and would love to play some. Obviously, not at the 200-400 level,

I'm a total fish and new to playing poker but if you want to battle HU on ignition or ACR for microstakes just for fun I'm in. I'd rather play a series of sit n goes but cash would be fun too.
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 52
December 23rd, 2020 at 8:44:16 AM permalink

I have probably watched about half of the 11,000 hands and ... I think I have learned a lot about heads up poker

I expect watching 11,000+ hands provides a great resource to improve one's poker skills.

Whether Negreanu wins or loses, I expect he will come away as one helluva great heads-up player, after playing so much with someone who may be the world's best HU player. IIRC Polk will (once again) retire from poker after the match finishes. A player's skills improve fastest when playing against stronger players, right?
DRich
DRich
December 23rd, 2020 at 8:49:17 AM permalink
Quote: WTflush

I'm a total fish and new to playing poker but if you want to battle HU on ignition or ACR for microstakes just for fun I'm in. I'd rather play a series of sit n goes but cash would be fun too.

Thanks for the offer but I wouldn't take it serious at microstakes. I probably wouldn't go any lower than $2-$5 with $200 buy ins. I just wouldn't stay interested. I would prefer a $5-$10 game with $400 buy ins.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
December 23rd, 2020 at 10:09:28 AM permalink
Quote: WTflush

Haha I would destroy him and Iím not in any way at the peak of my game.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 109
December 23rd, 2020 at 11:31:04 AM permalink

Haha I would destroy him and Iím not in any way at the peak of my game.

I think he is suspended now. Are you saying when he is back you are challenging USPAPER to a heads up poker game for real money?í!?!?
DRich
DRich
December 23rd, 2020 at 11:39:25 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I think he is suspended now. Are you saying when he is back you are challenging USPAPER to a heads up poker game for real money?í!?!?

If I am not mistaken I think he said he is very low o money so I don't see a poker game happening with him.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
December 23rd, 2020 at 12:52:35 PM permalink

Thanks for the offer but I wouldn't take it serious at microstakes. I probably wouldn't go any lower than $2-$5 with $200 buy ins. I just wouldn't stay interested. I would prefer a $5-$10 game with $400 buy ins.

Those are small buy ins relative to the blinds.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
DRich
DRich
December 23rd, 2020 at 1:47:19 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Those are small buy ins relative to the blinds.

You are right the $5-$10 should be closer to $1000

• Jump to: