mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
February 13th, 2014 at 12:50:51 PM permalink
P.S. I'm leaving in about an hour on a road trip. I'm gonna travel light so won't be bringing the laptop. I want to make the trip as fast as possible. I could be gone as long as two weeks. So I will be incommunicado unless the hotels have a computer in the lobby. I'll try not to just call with the nuts. Good Luck!
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 13th, 2014 at 12:56:30 PM permalink
Amazing how many guys some people consider a low life, poker player, dealer,bar owner, tin man, etc served their country. Kent earned a Purple Heart in Vietnam. That make him OK in my book.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
February 13th, 2014 at 2:03:37 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Amazing how many guys some people consider a low life, poker player, dealer,bar owner, tin man, etc served their country. Kent earned a Purple Heart in Vietnam. That make him OK in my book.

That goes for you too, Buzz. Not the low life part, the Vietnam part. There is a special place in my heart for all our fellow Vietnam Vets.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 13th, 2014 at 2:11:13 PM permalink
Hey, Vietnam Era Vet. That's all. USAF. Did volunteer for a special Warrant Officer program. In 1962. But flunked eye exam . Had to be 20-20 uncorrected. That's was saved me, all things considered. Helicopter pilot was the job title. Wonder what my chances of survival until 1966 would have been.

Had an uncle who could not join VFW because he never served overseas. I am a Vietnam Era Vet. Saw the world in 4 years
San Antonio, Greenville Mississippi, Birmingham Alabama, back to San antonio for 3 years. Talk about a red neck tour of duty. LOL
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
February 13th, 2014 at 2:22:11 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

The only bracelet Annie Duke ever won at the WSOP was for the 2004 $2000 Omaha 8 event. And, of course, it's one of the things she touts in her publicity statements. But I know something about that event....

I was downstairs sitting in a 10-20 Omaha 8 game at the Horseshoe. Upstairs in Benny's Bullpen the final table was going for the $2000 Omaha 8 event. Whenever I took a break from the game I would go upstairs and railbird the final table. The faces I recognized were Eric Seidel, Robert "Chip Burner" Turner, and Annie Duke. The last time I went upstairs there were just a few players left with Eric Seidel and Annie Duke being two of them.

I was back down in the 10-20 game when someone came down the escalator and announced "Annie got the bracelet!" In a very mean tone the guy sitting next to me said:

"If she had a dick she wouldn't have won it!"
"What do you mean?" I asked. He was agitated and repeated the statement.
"What do you mean by that?" I asked again.

He said "Look, with about 50 players left Annie was in a hand with Robert Turner. It was down on the river. She only had a few chips left. Not even enough to make a full call. She checked. Turner checked behind her and said 'I refuse to take a lady's last chips.' Annie rolled over two pair and the third nut low. Turner rolled over nut-nut. She had to call if he bet! She would have been knocked out!"

"You saw that?" I asked.
"Hell yeah!" he said. "I was sitting at the table watching it. The bitch knocked me out twentieth!"

So she had 1 bet left and came all the way back to win? Quite a comeback

• Jump to: