unJon
  • Threads: 14
February 12th, 2022 at 8:21:22 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Quote: unJon

Quote: Pushfordealer

Thank you for the detailed answers!

I have a question regarding the Neighbours bet though. As far as I understand, the Neighbours bet is simply a 5 Straight Up bets. So if one of the numbers win I get back 31:1?

The Straight Up number payout is 35:1 and since with the Neighbours bet I wager 5 chips I subtract 4 from 35?

OrÖ ?
link to original post

If you place 5 straight bets, one chip each, and one wins, you should get 36 chips.
If none win, you lose 5 chips.
link to original post

If one wins you should get 36 chips AND lose 4 chips.
link to original post

In my mind, it's 36 for 5 on a win, 0 for 5 on a not-win.

Sorry for the confusion.
link to original post

Ah I see. Itís 5 bets of 35 to 1 that turns into 1 bet of 36 FOR 5. Thatís a confusing way to think about if for me, but understand what you are saying.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 54
February 12th, 2022 at 9:58:55 AM permalink

Quote: Pushfordealer

Thank you for the detailed answers!

I have a question regarding the Neighbours bet though. As far as I understand, the Neighbours bet is simply a 5 Straight Up bets. So if one of the numbers win I get back 31:1?

The Straight Up number payout is 35:1 and since with the Neighbours bet I wager 5 chips I subtract 4 from 35?

OrÖ ?
link to original post

If you place 5 straight bets, one chip each, and one wins, you should get 36 chips.
If none win, you lose 5 chips.
link to original post

If one wins you should get 36 chips AND lose 4 chips.
link to original post

In my mind, it's 36 for 5 on a win, 0 for 5 on a not-win.

Sorry for the confusion.
link to original post

Ah I see. Itís 5 bets of 35 to 1 that turns into 1 bet of 36 FOR 5. Thatís a confusing way to think about if for me, but understand what you are saying.
link to original post

If you want to quote ONE odds ratio, you need it to be treated as one manufactured wager.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.

• Jump to: